DFWTexEx

Dallas City Hall

Their political careers are over because they're term-limited.

That they aren't yet running for any higher office is probably a fact in their favor; demonstrating that they aren't or weren't using their council positions as a stepping stone to higher office.

Unlike most, I don't dislike Beeper.  I just like challenging his positions.  He reminds me of a younger me.

13 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

famous last words. just curious - are you getting new boobs in 8 days?

I’m gonna fuck your sister in 8 days. 

21 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Please man. Maybe get the basic facts right first. Good fucking riddance to Monica Alonzo and her brother while we're at it. Beeper Kramer's HP rep couldn't vote for it because her daddy was making bank on the deal.

https://oakcliff.advocatemag.com/2015/11/city-to-move-west-dallas-concrete-plant-next-to-superfund-site/

City Councilwoman Monica Alonzo, who represents West Dallas, reportedly had little to say on the matter in a hearing last week. She voted in favor of subsidizing the move, along with Adam McGough, Sandy Greyson, Erik Wilson, Mike Rawlings, Lee Kleinman, Rickey Callahan and Casey Thomas.

Voting against were Phillip Kingston, Scott Griggs, Adam Medrano, Carolyn King Arnold, Mark Clayton and Tiffini Young. Jennifer Staubach Gates couldn’t vote because her father, Roger Staubach, is among the Trinity Groves developers.

I got every single fact right. He hard sold us in D14 on the bond package and three years later the city council ended up using it for the concrete plant. Dude has absolutely no credibility and got his ass kicked last election.

What a clown

This is just stupid. He didn’t provide enough proof of his incompetence the first go-around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I am still learning this shit but why on earth would he do that? 

I really don't know.  But Johnson really ought to resign.  It is apparent that he cannot lead.  Now he's just looking at three more years of empty gesturing.

I really don't know.  But Johnson really ought to resign.  It is apparent that he cannot lead.  Now he's just looking at three more years of empty gesturing.

He’s lost the council and is flailing. Not pretty.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:49 PM, HRSchenker said:

I got every single fact right. He hard sold us in D14 on the bond package and three years later the city council ended up using it for the concrete plant. Dude has absolutely no credibility and got his ass kicked last election.

Ummm.  Kingston was elected in 2013.  The bond package was passed in 2012.  By then, Dallas had learned its lesson about restrictive bond covenants, and Kingston voted against that particular application of bond funds.

Not sure what you're saying here.

The budget amendments that 14 of us (all but the mayor, who missed most of the meeting) worked on in early September achieve the goals of fully funding DPD and other city needs without gutting the talent at City Hall, all while delivering a modest tax decrease. This was the result of true collaboration of 14 council members who worked together until 2 a.m., without the mayor and his accompanying emotional drama, hashtags and political maneuvering.

v2 burn GIF

Cutting city staff salaries is no way to build a world class city

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Lol. The moron is now quoting Empower Texans garbage website to try and strengthen his case. 

So what's his play--he's going to run for Congress as a Republican?  For a Dallas County seat?  Good fucking luck with that.

By the way--if you're not paying attention to Lake Highlands' councilman, Lee Kleinman, on twitter, you're missing out.  Term-limited Lee is all out of fucks to give.  See, for example--

https://twitter.com/LeeforDallas/status/1304789256687226880?s=20

Edited by Ghost of LL

On 9/12/2020 at 1:48 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

The budget amendments that 14 of us (all but the mayor, who missed most of the meeting) worked on in early September achieve the goals of fully funding DPD and other city needs without gutting the talent at City Hall, all while delivering a modest tax decrease. This was the result of true collaboration of 14 council members who worked together until 2 a.m., without the mayor and his accompanying emotional drama, hashtags and political maneuvering.

v2 burn GIF

Cutting city staff salaries is no way to build a world class city

Lol at the notion that council members make the city go. Broadnax makes $450K per year. Fuck that. Johnson makes only $60K per year. 

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wut?

$400K for Broadnax. $80K for Johnson. There is significant bloat at the municipal level. Johnson’s not wrong. He’s just not a very good politician. 

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

You’re posting articles written by a clueless city councilman who thinks he creates value. He doesn’t create value. He doesn’t do dick. 

So what's his play--he's going to run for Congress as a Republican?  For a Dallas County seat?  Good fucking luck with that.
By the way--if you're not paying attention to Lake Highlands' councilman, Lee Kleinman, on twitter, you're missing out.  Term-limited Lee is all out of fucks to give.  See, for example--
https://twitter.com/LeeforDallas/status/1304789256687226880?s=20

Lee Kleinman is Lake Highlands? I thought he is far north Dallas and Adam McGough (who IIRC at one point was actually living in HP) is the LH councilman.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:27 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

$400K for Broadnax. $80K for Johnson. There is significant bloat at the municipal level. Johnson’s not wrong. He’s just not a very good politician. 

And the article acknowledges that their salaries are set by contract, so untouchable without their consent.

The article says nothing about councilmembers.  It's about how Johnson's shitty salary cut would affect low-level employees that do, in fact, make the city go, while not making a dent in the overall budget.

reading_is_fundamental.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Lee Kleinman is Lake Highlands? I thought he is far north Dallas and Adam McGough (who IIRC at one point was actually living in HP) is the LH councilman.

Oh, shit--you're right.

He's District 11, which is North Dallas (i.e., between Central and the Tollway) from about Walnut Hill up to Campbell.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, shit--you're right.

He's District 11, which is North Dallas (i.e., between Central and the Tollway) from about Walnut Hill up to Campbell.

And, I guess that is far North Dallas if you are really talking about the City of.  But it sure seems antiquated if you are referring to Dallas in the MSA sense.

Also, I was taken aback by the Bazaldua comments on that tweet, and several others, until I noticed it's a troll account for Abam Bazaldua.

@TwiceHorn Right. Near North Dallas (not far north). Old North Dallas is now considered Uptown.  Kleinman's district covers what was traditionally the Jewish portion of Preston Hollow (east) up past the Galleria.  JSG has Preston Hollow proper.

Edited by DDD Dad

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Right. Near North Dallas (not far north). Jewish Preston Hollow up past Galleria.

Being an older native of Dallas, the changes in the definition of North Dallas are kind of amusing.

My Dad worked for TI down on Lemmon, then they opened up the huge complex on Central at LBJ in the 60s.  Everyone thought that was a heinous commute to far North Dallas.  The Y on Preston just north of Mockingbird was known for a while as the "Park Cities/North Dallas YMCA."

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Being an older native of Dallas, the changes in the definition of North Dallas are kind of amusing.

My Dad worked for TI down on Lemmon, then they opened up the huge complex on Central at LBJ in the 60s.  Everyone thought that was a heinous commute to far North Dallas.  The Y on Preston just north of Mockingbird was known for a while as the "Park Cities/North Dallas YMCA."

One need only recall that North Dallas High School is across the street from Church of the Incarnation (south of Fitzhugh).

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

One need only recall that North Dallas High School is across the street from Church of the Incarnation (south of Fitzhugh).

Indeed.  

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not a native Dallasite, but I lived there long enough.  And I don't think the definition of "North Dallas" has really changed since the 1980's when I got there.

North Dallas is between Central and Inwood and anything north of University Park.

Far North Dallas is that arm of the City of Dallas that extends up into Richardson and Plano.  I think anything north of about Spring Valley is "Far North Dallas."

Edited by Ghost of LL

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

And the article acknowledges that their salaries are set by contract, so untouchable without their consent.

The article says nothing about councilmembers.  It's about how Johnson's shitty salary cut would affect low-level employees that do, in fact, make the city go, while not making a dent in the overall budget.

reading_is_fundamental.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Nothing below $60K. And even below $60K, in 2020, most every person’s income is taking a major hit. I don’t give a damn about municipal workers sharing in the pain. 

And no, they don’t make the city go. Government workers and attorneys have high opinions of each other. It’s weird. Your feelings are not rooted in reality. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

34 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

That has always thrown me for a loop. It’s practically Uptown and 3 minutes from downtown. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Nothing below $60K. And even below $60K, in 2020, most every person’s income is taking a major hit. I don’t give a damn about municipal workers sharing in the pain. 

And no, they don’t make the city go. Government workers and attorneys have high opinions of each other. It’s weird. Your feelings are not rooted in reality. 

Your hardon for attorneys is amusing. Because if there's anything as useless as an attorney, it's a banker.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Your hardon for attorneys is amusing. Because if there's anything as useless as an attorney, it's a banker.

I like many attorneys.  Some are my best friends (along with black guys). Attorneys behind a keyboard with a superiority complex here are irritating. 

Bank capital makes commerce happen. Attorneys are a highly skilled service. You’re a transaction cost. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Bank capital makes commerce happen. Attorneys are a highly skilled service. You’re a transaction cost. 

And one you assholes far too often agree to cap at that!

8 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm not a native Dallasite, but I lived there long enough.  And I don't think the definition of "North Dallas" has really changed since the 1980's when I got there.

North Dallas is between Central and Inwood and anything north of University Park.

Far North Dallas is that arm of the City of Dallas that extends up into Richardson and Plano.  I think anything north of about Spring Valley is "Far North Dallas."

Yeah, I think that's traditionally accurate.  

But from a more colloquial standpoint, if you tell someone that doesn't live in North Dallas that you live in North Dallas and are inside LBJ, they're gonna say "wut."

In the 80s, Plano hadn't acquired much separate standing from Dallas, and Addison and Richardson almost never have, although they are separate cities.  So that kind of shifted things northward a bit, maybe returning back now that Plano has its own identity, along with Frisco and points north.