2020 MLB thread

ss13

47 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

S.O. Playing the victim card again. Shadow admitted his idea was baseless, uneducated shit thrown against the wall and Guadaloopy simply confirmed it. 

it's all about what you're here for. 9/10 posters on this forum are here to discuss baseball. then we have the 10%, the likes of you, and apparently this guadaloopy fellow, who are only here to talk shit, whine, snipe, bitch, and generally act like an asshole for no discernible reason other than a glaring, juvenile immaturity. are you here to discuss the sport like an adult, or are you here to pwn noobz and start inane internet arguments like a 13 year-old who needs attention? for most of us it's the former; for you, sadly, it's the latter. your next substantive post will be your first.

now then- someone says, "hey, i really have no idea if this would work or not, but it sure would be cool if Lindor joined my team." what's your response? if you're a fucking adult then you can explain to that person that there's no chance of that happening without talking a bunch of shit or being insulting while doing so. OR, you can be insulting, be dramatic, be contentious, *and* be totally misinformed, *and then* convince yourself that you're the one who's above the fray. if that's how you prefer to comport yourself, then you're a child. 

in short, grow the fuck up TonyTexas. you act like a 13 year old girl whose only want is to be involved in the latest drama.  @Guadaloopy- don't be a dick for no reason, and especially don't do that when you don't even know wtf you're talking about. "Derka's playing the victim again!" no, i'm behaving like an adult and asking you to do the same. are we here to shoot the shit and talk baseball or are we here to start shit with each other and create football board/CR-like drama? 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

also, if i talked a whole bunch of unprovoked shit to someone and then said something as hilariously uninformed as "Player A makes twice as much as Player B!" when in fact Player B makes more money than Player A, then the two of you would just be running your mouths about that, because that's what you're here to do. fuckin grow up already.

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Says the person who writes 2000 words today that have nothing to do with baseball. 

you're such a childish twat. i recorded this ~5 months ago but never posted it for obvious reasons. that said, your incessant twattery in this forum has gone unchecked long enough. your complete lack of self awareness necessitates this. listen very closely to this entire thing, because not only do you get a shout out in this video, the entire thing is essentially a breakdown of why people like you are an absolute pox upon this board. you add nothing of value to any discussion, you're constantly starting drama with someone else, and yet you somehow don't see how worthless that makes you. grow up. talk baseball or kick rocks. your presence here only brings this board down. change that shit or stop posting.

now then- here's a summary of what it's like having to deal with you room-temperature-IQ-having antagonists on such a regular basis. fucking twat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

yeah, that just happened, and i stand by every word. i don't want to hear any shit from TonyTexas about him not having 15 minutes to watch that. fuck that. he needs a reality check in a serious way. fucking christ i'm sick of his childish antics. him and all of the other trolls who belong to my ridiculous fan club. the same people who bitch about me causing drama are the ones causing all the drama. fucking grow up already. 

I didn’t realize that calling a highly unlikely trade scenario “fan fiction” was “talking a whole bunch of unprovoked shit.”  

I admitted that I checked the wrong source for Lindor’s 2021 salary.  Mea culpa.  The salary piece was  just one of several points that I stated as to why the proposed trade made zero sense for the Indians.  It was grossly incorrect. However, I stand by the rest.  

The Cubs, though a perennial playoff team, haven’t been considered a serious World Series contender for at least a couple of years, and a string of early play-in/playoff exits bears this out.  They haven’t had better than 10-1 odds at the start of the season since 2017 and they were at 20-1 odds for 2020.  The opinion that they are more than a single piece away from being a top-tier contender (single digit odds) isn’t controversial to anyone but a Cubs fan.  

My apologies, Derka.  I didn’t mean to “talk unprovoked shit.”   I engaged in a slight bit of sports message board ribbing about “fan fiction.”  This is Surly, after all.  

yeah, that just happened, and i stand by every word. i don't want to hear any shit from TonyTexas about him not having 15 minutes to watch that. fuck that. he needs a reality check in a serious way. fucking christ i'm sick of his childish antics. him and all of the other trolls who belong to my ridiculous fan club. the same people who bitch about me causing drama are the ones causing all the drama. fucking grow up already. 

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

based on this list, it looks like Freddie Freeman's career path is about to go south:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHgYHkBH28B/?igshid=o2ys6tvooic7

sonofabitch i keep forgetting that IG won't embed here anymore. anyway, the list of the last 10 NL MVPs makes it look like winning the award is the last thing that happens before your career goes downhill, at least for a year or two. Braun, Posey, McCutchen, Giancarlo, Bryce, Yelich, etc all fell off pretty far after winning the award. the AL list looks a lot stronger. 

Edited by shadow_operative

19 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

I'm surprised there has been any comment on this. It's a big and important story and not just in the baseball context. She's certainly has the chops for the job. Been in baseball for 30 years including 13 years as assistant GM for the Yankees and Dodgers before moving on to SVP of baseball ops for MLB. She interviewed for  several GM positions over the years before finally being hired by the Marlins. This, along with the Marlins on field performance this year, has certainly boosted my increased my estimation of that organization. 

I think the Mets would love to sign LeMahieu. Cohen sticking it to the Yankees right of the bat would endear him to the fans. Cano could(and should) DH when he comes back. Of course that’s assuming that the universal DH is  implemented in 2022

Edited by TonyTexas

At some point it has to bounce back right?  As teams lean more and more on the bullpen it seems like every year someone just breaks down under the strain of pitching every day and becomes totally ineffective like Nick Anderson did this year.  At some point won't someone go back to mixing in some 7 inning starts?