RIP CDC 1946-2020

Firemans4Horn

Remember when a common point made in an argument with science deniers was "you believe in science when it comes to your healthcare." LOL not so much anymore but the proliferation of antivaxxers and pseudoscience remedies should have been a big warning sign.

I remember in high school when my history teacher talked about how millennials are part of the 4 cycles of generations that will have to face a crisis much like the GI / greatest generation.

Seemed weird at the time. 

Then 9/11 happened... and I thought that was it but no.

Then the Great Recession..... but no.

Now Trump and the coronavirus.... probably.

Or maybe you can lump that all together to form one big cluster fuck of a crisis b/c I think you could draw a straight line between them all.

IDK.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

I remember in high school when my history teacher talked about how millennials are part of the 4 cycles of generations that will have to face a crisis much like the GI / greatest generation.

Or maybe you can lump that all together to form one big cluster fuck of a crisis b/c I think you could draw a straight line between them all.

IDK.

With affective polarization and a death cult of lies being one of the 2 political parties the horrible shit Americans have to deal with it just getting started. It'll come at a faster rate the steeper the decline in American civilization. 

Capitalism may save us-- NYT editorial pointing out how Walmart, Starbucks, and other companies are doing the CDC's job out of self-interest.

I do not see a link yet. If you want, you can come over to my house and read our paper copy, if you stand outside.

• Haha 1

IDK.
In retrospect the GOP is the crisis.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Once the trust is gone, you can do whatever you like...

HELLO! NEW AND IMPROVED MEDICINES FOR ALL AILMENTS! SAFE TO CONSUME! JUST TRY A TEASPOONFUL TABLESPOONFUL BOTTLE OF LYDIA PINKHAM'S VEGETABLE COMPOUND AND YOU WILL FEEL SPECTACULAR! NOTHING IN YOUR LIFE THAT A LITTLE 40 PROOF HERBAL DRINK CANNOT CURE!

*The compound composition has changed over time due to federal regulations but we plan on getting the liquor added back in pronto!