Jump to content
Longboard Horn

Tell me about TCU

Recommended Posts

Just now, GhostofDanJones said:

Fun fact about that chant: I had an aggy tell me once that TCU stole the chant from them because of a corps/yell leader transfer. Of course I don't believe any of that bullshit.

aggy false claiming not going away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:
 
Riff, Ram, Bah, Zoo
Lickety, Lickety, Zoo, Zoo
Who, Wah, Wah, Who
Give ’em Hell, TCU!
 
^^WTF does riff ram bah zoo mean? Is it a bunch of jibberish nonsense like hullabaloo? 

Authentic frontier jibberish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Fun fact about that chant: I had an aggy tell me once that TCU stole the chant from them because of a corps/yell leader transfer. Of course I don't believe any of that bullshit.

Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck was originally Rutgers' yell, I believe. Like all things aggy, don't buy the first syllable of it, it's all lies together.

Meanwhile, yes, TCU begins and ends with hottest pom squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Fun fact about that chant: I had an aggy tell me once that TCU stole the chant from them because of a corps/yell leader transfer. Of course I don't believe any of that bullshit.

Fun fact about TCU, our ROTC commissions more officers as a % of our enrollment than A&M does according to the Houston Chronicle.  Most recent figures in the article were 2012 when A&M commissioned 154 officers out of the Fighting Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets and little old TCU commissioned 45.  Given that A&M's enrollment is at least 5x that of TCU, it looks like the Corps needs to pick up the pace.

 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-ROTC-units-could-face-cutbacks-5261187.php

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

Fun fact about TCU, our ROTC commissions more officers as a % of our enrollment than A&M does according to the Houston Chronicle.  Most recent figures in the article were 2012 when A&M commissioned 154 officers out of the Fighting Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets and little old TCU commissioned 45.  Given that A&M's enrollment is at least 5x that of TCU, it looks like the Corps needs to pick up the pace.

 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-ROTC-units-could-face-cutbacks-5261187.php

 

 

 

I mean that's all well and good, but how many swords have your ROTC guys pulled on SMU cheerleaders?

 

Advantage:  Aggy

Edited by Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what you mean by “swords” and if you’re taking about male or female SMU cheerleaders. 

Edited by Apep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It originated with Coach Royal after we messed up your previously perfect 1961 season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Serious question: does Patterson have a limitless contract, meaning he has infinite years and can leave whenever he wants? 

I think CDC eliminated the buy out 5-6 years ago as gesture of trust and good will.  CDC is a master psychologist.  As for the term of the deal, Patterson has a certain number of years on the contract but they just tack on a few more every couple of years.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patterson hasn't had a buyout for years.  I think he knows he is in the right place for himself.  His contract does run through 2024.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Guess this is a good place to ask this. Where did the term 'cockroaches' derive from when talking about TCU?

 

On 5/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, Apep said:

It originated with Coach Royal after we messed up your previously perfect 1961 season. 

The quote, after losing to TCU and having national champ hopes dashed:

"(TCU) is like a bunch of cockroaches. It’s not what they eat and tote off, it’s what they fall into and mess up that hurts."

 

Other greats:

(On the possibility of changing the look of Texas’ uniforms): "Hell, no, I’m not going to candy this thing up. These are work clothes." (my favorite)

“Three things can happen when you pass, and two of ‘em are bad.”

“Dance with who brung ya.”

“When you get to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, Machinator said:

I'd say it's one thing when some chucklefuck in the AD media department fucks up.  Kind of another kettle of fish when it's a commencement program on the academic side.

 

Ch3UcBUUkAA9E7K.jpg

Edited by TwiceHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd say it's one thing when some chucklefuck in the AD media department fucks up.  Kind of another kettle of fish when it's a commencement program on the academic side.

 

Ch3UcBUUkAA9E7K.jpg

Dyslexia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 2:52 AM, Longboard Horn said:

AP_770206858716.jpg

Bram+Kohlhausen+Valero+Alamo+Bowl+TCU+v+

csb:  Bram is buddies with Johnny Football.  JF needed a place to crash and Bram let him stay at his place.  Bram came home and found that JF placed a bunch of sports bets on Bram's computer/account.  /csb 

tl;dnr:  Johnny Football likes to place bets not using his money, but the money of a former TCU football player, best known for his 2nd half comeback against the Oregon Ducks in the Alamo Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 11:34 PM, Longboard Horn said:

Serious question: does Patterson have a limitless contract, meaning he has infinite years and can leave whenever he wants? 

I'd say his impending myocardial infarction is a definite limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

All of em

Middle row, 7th from the left will never work a day in her life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

 


87fe4dbbc84d67da6f919486dbb8beaa.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

This may have been the school's sales pitch to join the XII..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 2:39 AM, Longboard Horn said:

 


87fe4dbbc84d67da6f919486dbb8beaa.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Just think, the Big 12 traded the Hitler Youth for them.  Advantage Big 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, angelos's frog said:

A TCU student just won the Miss USA pageant.  You can probably file that in the category of least surprising things posted here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5757483/Who-Miss-USA-2018-winner-Sarah-Rose-Summers-Miss-Nebraska-revealed.html

 

IMG_4968.jpeg

 

sarah-rose-summers.jpg

And she's 100% natural.  Nothing fake about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, angelos's frog said:

A TCU student just won the Miss USA pageant.  You can probably file that in the category of least surprising things posted here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5757483/Who-Miss-USA-2018-winner-Sarah-Rose-Summers-Miss-Nebraska-revealed.html

 

IMG_4968.jpeg

 

sarah-rose-summers.jpg

It looks like this chick is Miss Bugeater...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There aren't a lot of us

We have made a lot of REALLY good coaching hires and paid them well

It is a TON harder to get into today compared to 10 years ago

The talent is unreal

Everyone is somewhere between upper middle class and wealthy

We have some terrible fans, but I truly believe we have an above average percentage of laid back, easy going fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 4:08 AM, GhostofDanJones said:

I am Gary, hear me roar!

gary_patterson1.jpg

pattersonpatterson.jpg

Gary+Patterson+0001.jpg

Surprised he isn't drinched in sweat in photos #1 & #3...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It still pisses me off that Jalen Reagor is not a Horn. That man was born to destroy secondaries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...