Jump to content

Tell me about TCU


Longboard Horn

Recommended Posts

Shane Buechele to TCU would make some sense, but no way we would allow that.

 

They signed a really highly ranked DT quarterback last year that took a RS last year and have another 4* coming in. Between those two and the Collins guy that played this year I don't think there'd be a lot of interest either way. In conference, I think Shane could do some damage with Gundy, but I don't know their roster situation and despite the good will I'd be surprised if he is allowed to transfer in conference.

 

Robinson is really talented but clearly struggled with confidence and decision making this year. I'm thinking he saw that he was in for a real fight for the job given the talent TCU has brought in there and decided to transfer while he can take a shirt, acclimate, and have two years left on 2020-21. Hope he lands on his feet.

 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

 

They signed a really highly ranked DT quarterback last year that took a RS last year and have another 4* coming in. Between those two and the Collins guy that played this year I don't think there'd be a lot of interest either way. In conference, I think Shane could do some damage with Gundy, but I don't know their roster situation and despite the good will I'd be surprised if he is allowed to transfer in conference.

 

Robinson is really talented but clearly struggled with confidence and decision making this year. I'm thinking he saw that he was in for a real fight for the job given the talent TCU has brought in there and decided to transfer while he can take a shirt, acclimate, and have two years left on 2020-21. Hope he lands on his feet.

 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Yeah I don’t get this type of optimism from TCU fans. It’s all over their board. 

1. Collins - not the answer 

2. Justin Rogers - could be great. Never played a down. Hope he knee is normal. That HS injury looked horrific 

3. Duggan - still in high school as of now.

It reminds me of this board saying, oh don’t worry, Heard will crush it, we’re fine. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I don’t get this type of optimism from TCU fans. It’s all over their board. 
1. Collins - not the answer 
2. Justin Rogers - could be great. Never played a down. Hope he knee is normal. That HS injury looked horrific 
3. Duggan - still in high school as of now.
It reminds me of this board saying, oh don’t worry, Heard will crush it, we’re fine. 
 

Not familiar with any injury history on Rogers - that would certainly change how I view the situation. Weird that they'd be okay with it. For all the faults he showed this year, Robinson is still a talented player. If their QB room for 2019 is a JAG, a RS FR with major injury questions, and a true freshman, you'd think they'd want all the talented bodies they can get. Sometimes youthful mistakes pave the way for growth. See Ehlinger, Sam.

In that case maybe I take back what I said about Shane. He could be what they need to drive the bus for a year or two.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thepop said:

Shane Buechele to TCU would make some sense, but no way we would allow that.

Inside Texas post last week.....

"QB: By all accounts Shane Buechele is happy as can be in Austin and we've heard no discussion of him leaving, even after Sam Ehlinger cemented himself as the starter. Buechele has two years of eligibility and will graduate next May, but leaving the program doesn't seem to be on his mind. "

If Shane graduates in May and wants to transfer, Herman probably won't block him from any schools.... just like Herman didn't block grad-transfer John Bonney to Tech.

Edited by LTtxfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, gmr548 said:

That's an odd fit...

At worst, he's an improvement over Muehlstein as the #3 or 4 QB.  He can also be a good change of pace QB if Collins returns as the starter.  They can run a variant of the Wildcat with a legitimate passing threat instead of a RB.  The bottom line is we needed another QB and this was the best guy that was available after it became clear Hurts wasn't interested.  Collins is still in a boot and will miss spring practices, Rogers is a big question mark with his injury and Duggan is a true freshmen.  Rogers is progressing but you need a back up plan if he can't go this fall and that back up plan has to be better than Collins and Duggan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thread Title says "Tell Me About TCU"

1) Hate those purple horny toads

2) Their Football Coach is a Fat Fuck that Sweats too Much and Negative Recruits like a MFkr

3) Their spirit squad is one of Best in B12

4) Their Fans are Slimy.....

Edited by LTtxfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Machinator said:

 

I've never heard of that happening before.

 

Where Kelly "has coached at."  Wow.  News OK.  Grammar not so good.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:40 PM, Machinator said:

 

Edited by Bullneck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 9:08 PM, kopp0e said:

Agreed...

tcu-cheerleaders.gif

Girls......

 

Ex-TCU receiver Turpin pleads guilty to assault

Apr 30, 2019

Associated Press

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Former TCU receiver and returner KaVontae Turpin has been granted probation after pleading guilty to assaulting his girlfriend last October.

A judge in Fort Worth sentenced Turpin on Monday to two years of deferred adjudication probation and ordered him to complete a 27-week Partner Abuse Intervention Program. If Turpin satisfies the terms of his probation, the charge against him will be dropped.

Turpin could have been sentenced up to one year in jail for the Class A misdemeanor.

Witnesses told police that they saw Turpin drag his girlfriend across a parking lot as she resisted and screamed for them to call 911. After his immediate suspension from the team, TCU coach Gary Patterson cut the senior days later when a previous assault charge against Turpin emerged from New Mexico.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

 

QB competition will be intense if Baldwin gets a waiver.  Delton has supposedly looked good, Rogers is improving but still not close to 100% mobility this spring, and Duggan, the 4* true frosh from Iowa was looking really good.  Add Baldwin into the mix and that's three 4* QB's all in the same class unless Duggan redshirts.  Duggan might have the inside track in my opinion just because GP loves a mobile QB and Duggan is a really fast white boy.  Sub 22 sec. 200M and highest SPARQ score of any QB in the country last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Boy does this guy not watch much Big XII ball:

Delton: Boiled ass

Rogers: Jello ankle

Duggan: Freshman

Collins: meh

If Baldwin's above average, he's probably starting

I've been skeptical about Delton too but the 247 guys swear their sources say he tore it up this spring. Like I said, I think Duggan will be the starter by the end of the year but at least we have plenty of guys to compete, unlike some programs who are rolling with 2 scholarship QB's. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, angelos's frog said:

I've been skeptical about Delton too but the 247 guys swear their sources say he tore it up this spring. Like I said, I think Duggan will be the starter by the end of the year but at least we have plenty of guys to compete, unlike some programs who are rolling with 2 scholarship QB's. 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cd218c741526f536f

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, angelos's frog said:

QB competition will be intense if Baldwin gets a waiver.  Delton has supposedly looked good, Rogers is improving but still not close to 100% mobility this spring, and Duggan, the 4* true frosh from Iowa was looking really good.  Add Baldwin into the mix and that's three 4* QB's all in the same class unless Duggan redshirts.  Duggan might have the inside track in my opinion just because GP loves a mobile QB and Duggan is a really fast white boy.  Sub 22 sec. 200M and highest SPARQ score of any QB in the country last year. 

So if Baldwin can't beat out Duggan or Rogers, will he then utilize the transfer portal again??

Just seems like there's a better roster fit for Baldwin than TCU??  Thought he might look at other teams like UH and Texas State....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So if Baldwin can't beat out Duggan or Rogers, will he then utilize the transfer portal again??

Just seems like there's a better roster fit for Baldwin than TCU??  Thought he might look at other teams like UH and Texas State....

He thinks he earned the right to start at Ohio State. The kid clearly thinks highly of himself, I'll give him that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...