Dallas vs. NYG game thread: playoffs, here we come.

Mossyhorn

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Do Cowboys fans want to win and make the playoffs? Serious question. It's a real conundrum when I've checked in with fans in other places.

Yes. Want to win. Certainly, winning the division is a benefit of that. 

Yes. Make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Do Cowboys fans want to win and make the playoffs? Serious question. It's a real conundrum when I've checked in with fans in other places.

First: welcome back.

Second: I'd like to answer your question with a question of my own--even if the Cowboys had the No.1 overall pick, what suggests to you that there'd be demonstrable, long-term improvement given the Jones family's perpetual mismanagement and myopia?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

If you have a chance to make the playoffs then screw draft placement. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

False. Aside from a few outlier years, the NFL playoffs is pretty chalk. The higher seeds come out on top. Conference championship is usually your top 3 seeds. The upsets happen in the wild card round. This team stands absolutely zero chance in the playoffs. Don't let the 3 game win streak fool you. We would not play those shit of teams come playoff team and Dalton and this team would be massively exposed. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I know there’s a real answer to this question and I’m just in the dark, but where have you been? We’ve talked about one thing in the cowboys thread for about 3 months now. One thing.  

We’re gonna fuck around and be fooled into keeping Nolan with all these fucking turnovers. I can’t remember a stretch in my lifetime where we’ve had this kind of turnover luck.

God I hope not. Unless it just purely a talent issue, the defensive coaching has been bad. Out of position. Always trailing. Giving up big plays.

Not sure Nolan is coaching the “turnover play” but you’re right about turnover luck. This team has never had this before.