Halloween Kills

Nole-4-Life

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but am a pretty big Michael Myers/Halloween fan. Lots of little Easter eggs for fans of the other movies.

PROS
Definitely some innovative and very violent kills.
Some pretty humorous moments, along the same lines as the kid in Halloween '18.
The afore-mentioned Easter eggs.

CONS
Some of the characters make dumb decisions (per standard horror movie rules obv)
There is definitely a bit of the "Two Towers" thing where the middle film in a trilogy suffers a bit narratively
There is a section where people devolve into mob mentality, which I thought was solid/effective, but others have complained about

I would go 7.5/10 from my perspective. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Not a big horror movie person, but the wife is. So we went and saw it. I thought it was impossibly stupid and pointless. So much so that I'm left genuinely wondering if this movie was supposed to be a subversive parody due to the way the characters behaved and the choices they made, which were laughably stupid and illogical even by horror movie standards.

Completely devoid of tension, suspense, atmosphere. The movie is a vacuous, uninspired delivery system for shock gore every 11 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 3

The original is one of my favorite horror movies of all time.  Thought the reboot was okayish.  Initially, I was enjoying Halloween Kills for the Easter eggs and references/links to the older movies.  However, the plot then devolves, they completely squander Jamie Lee Curtis' role in it and the town folk stuff just seems ham-fisted and lazy.  Really wanted to like it more. 

I’m hoping the last one is better than the first two. Need some kind of payoff. Have seen all the Halloween movies. Even the third one that had nada to do with Michael Myers. I know the reboot is a trilogy but hope there is a big payoff for this last one due out next year. Especially since they changed up the whole bloodline storyline from Halloween 2. 

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I thought it was impossibly stupid and pointless. So much so that I'm left genuinely wondering if this movie was supposed to be a subversive parody due to the way the characters behaved and the choices they made, which were laughably stupid and illogical even by horror movie standards.

Completely devoid of tension, suspense, atmosphere. The movie is a vacuous, uninspired delivery system for shock gore every 11 minutes.

Daaaaaayumm.... so I guess not so good?

Best Jebidiah Atkinson GIFs | Gfycat

ifindkarma. be kind, and so can you. — Taran Killam SNL Jebediah Atkinson  NEXT gif...

• Haha 3

went and saw it in the theatre.  echo a lot of what has been said here.  it was cool how they flashed back to 1978 and the loomis thing was cool (and i would have sworn cgi before reading this thread).  you knew going in that there is another one coming next year which takes away a lot of suspense and jamie lee curtis really took a back seat in this one.  some of the kills were definitely cool and agree that the gay couple who live in the meyers house was among the best parts of the movie.  

they need to do more of the long, suspenseful meyers stalking of his victims though (rather than him just popping out and immediately killing).  that's what the guy is fucking known for.

i'll definitely see the third one next year.  the first two haven't been classics by any means, but really outside of the original (and maybe the second), none of the others in the franchise are classics either yet I watch them all every year around this time (not the rob zombie versions though).

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s an episode on Netflix’s “the movies that made us” about the making of the original Halloween that is pretty interesting.  
one thing that was pointed out is that there is no blood in the film.  The tension is what drives it.  I was a good lead in to the Friday the 13th episode where they set out to rip off Halloween but with gore.  Both had almost no budget. 

ps the idea that Halloween couldn’t get distribution and opened in one theater in Kansas City is crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1