CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Wtf? It's well-documented that Hitler was a terrible military leader. He catastrophically mis-managed Operation Barbarossa, failing to take Moscow and allowing army group B to be destroyed at Stalingrad. He literally thought Russia would fall in six months.

Yeah, but if you had been alive during WWII, you would’ve been practicing your German voraciously while telling everyone who would listen that Russia would be falling any second now because the Panzer tank was superior to any of our tanks and blitzkrieg was an unstoppable scheme that would be the end of us all. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Wtf? It's well-documented that Hitler was a terrible military leader. He catastrophically mis-managed Operation Barbarossa, failing to take Moscow and allowing army group B to be destroyed at Stalingrad. He literally thought Russia would fall in six months.

Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein ("Operation Watch on the Rhine") (aka, the "Ardennes Offensive" which is better known now as "The Battle of the Bulge") was also monumentally stupid. Depended almost entirely on having two solid weeks of bad weather. He got 10 days by sheer luck, but that wasn't enough to overcome the basic impossibility of what he was asking his troops to do.

30 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein ("Operation Watch on the Rhine") (aka, the "Ardennes Offensive" which is better known now as "The Battle of the Bulge") was also monumentally stupid. Depended almost entirely on having two solid weeks of bad weather. He got 10 days by sheer luck, but that wasn't enough to overcome the basic impossibility of what he was asking his troops to do.

It was already a foregone conclusion at that point.

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

...vociferously? Vehemently?

8 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Vicariously? Voluminously? Vagrantly? Verminously?

Although I suppose vociferously, vehemently, voluminously, and verminously would all work to some extent. 

While were at it, vaingloriously, vindictively, and venturesomely all could have been used, but Vaginally would probably have been the most accurate, IMO. 

Edit: damn you @SydneyCarton. I spent too much time checking a thesaurus, so I got beat to the joke. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Although I suppose vociferously, vehemently, voluminously, and verminously would all work to some extent. 

While were at it, vaingloriously, vindictively, and venturesomely all could have been used, but Vaginally would probably have been the most accurate, IMO. 

Edit: damn you @SydneyCarton. I spent too much time checking a thesaurus, so I got beat to the joke. 

I feel your pain, it happens to me all the time. You write a perfect reply that's 4 sentences, and you see some clown use one sentence to say something 80% as funny. It's miserable. 

That's why I simply made up my own word combining Vagina and Enormously. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I feel your pain, it happens to me all the time. You write a perfect reply that's 4 sentences, and you see some clown use one sentence to say something 80% as funny. It's miserable. 

That's why I simply made up my own word combining Vagina and Enormously. 

I find this disturbing, but I had made up the exact same word (without the umlaut because I can type, of course) before changing it to vaginally.  Clearly, I spend way too much fucking time on Surly. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I find this disturbing, but I had made up the exact same word (without the umlaut because I can type, of course) before changing it to vaginally.  Clearly, I spend way too much fucking time on Surly. 

I've long held the suspicion that you and SydneyCarton are the same person. Suspicions confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You should feel bad about yourself.

That umlaut was intentional. I wanted to make sure the pronunciation paralleled the phonetics of Vagina, as opposed to some rock-headed goon showing up and stuttering out "vag-IN-ously" as they squinted their eyes and touched their finger to the computer screen to read the word. 

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've long held the suspicion that you and SydneyCarton are the same person. Suspicions confirmed.

3ndpy9.gif

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You should feel bad about yourself.

That umlaut was intentional. I wanted to make sure the pronunciation paralleled the phonetics of Vagina, as opposed to some rock-headed goon showing up and stuttering out "vag-IN-ously" as they squinted their eyes and touched their finger to the computer screen to read the word. 

Yes. That explanation seems much more plausible than you (or me?) making a typo. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, considering the almost daily typos I make and cop to as absurd, you think I'd bother coming up an explanation for this one unless it was legit?

Just so we are clear, you are stating that the absurdity of your errors should be excused by the consistency with which you make them?

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, considering the almost daily typos I make and cop to as absurd, you think I'd bother coming up an explanation for this one unless it was legit?

Just as with Bob Stoops claiming he did not eat that bag of dicks, I am not inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to typos, good sir. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Delightful insight. 

made a post, then realized it was only going to derail things even more so deleted it...

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think NoName is dropping the old “Period!” on this thread. Sort of his declarative way of trying to lock it up. 

lock it up wedding crashers GIF

On 1/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, satyanash said:

^This. Hitler should have read up on Napoleon's foray into Russia. Or listened to any of his military staff, which objected to the invasion.

9 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Leech has hired Jason Washington to be his CB's coach.

"Leach Hires Washington for Dog Defense"

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-is-adding-Texas-cornerbacks-coach-and-recruiting-expert-Jason-Washington-for-2020-staff-143177622/

Leach's own customized cowbell...

Edited by LTtxfan

more so than a corching move by OU this is a smart recruiting move

the west coast is ripe for the plucking as far as recruits go the PAC 12 is pretty far down especially their top teams sans (perhaps) Oregon and really I think Christobal could get plucked from Oregon by the right team and that would hit the PAC 12 hard

USC always is USC, but it is going to be harder for them to recover from helton than past situations.....they are in a deeper hole, they have had so much other shit from the top down at the university and then into athletics that they have to be careful fucking around with a shady new coach, and the conference in general is way down

OU has definitely been recruiting harder outside of Texas and Oklahoma and I think they are looking to amp that up even more

Herman talked about doing that shit about 18 months ago, but never followed through on it with any real significance and I think Texas needs to badly