atomheartbevo

Netflix - Hold the Dark (Sep 28) - Alexander Skarsgård, Jeffrey Wright, Riley Keough, WTF?

3 minutes ago, crackamacgowski said:

In for Jeffrey Wright and the atmosphere alone. 

He better get a bigger role in the next Bomd movie. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yep, The Thing (1982) immediately comes to mind. One of the best.

A contemporary version of Brotherhood of the Wolf for me. Damn, Monica Belluci was hotter than usual in that. 

Watched it on a flight. Dark, grim, well-acted, looks good, very bloody, no idea what it was about. Crazy wolf people I guess?

you’re right about not knowing what’s going on.  I couldn’t stay interested.  fell asleep with 45 min left, never felt the need to finish it later. 

I read the book. I’m interested in seeing it. The story takes a right turn early on and then it comes totally unhinged. I can’t imagine the movie is any different. Skarsgård seems perfect for the role of the dead boy’s father. 

usually give stuff like this a shot but it sucked. if this movie was a person, it'd be the zosia mamet character on kimmy schmidt unbreakable who is hipster as fuck and claims austin.