Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

drifter379

While waiting outside the doctor’s office on 1431 in Cedar Park for the wife, I had some entertainment.

It took the tow only 30 minutes to arrive, and another 20 to get him hitched up in the center lane and away....

BAAA54E4-B3D3-4E91-86FB-C539CA04A576.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

While waiting outside the doctor’s office on 1431 in Cedar Park for the wife, I had some entertainment.

It took the tow only 30 minutes to arrive, and another 20 to get him hitched up in the center lane and away....

BAAA54E4-B3D3-4E91-86FB-C539CA04A576.jpeg

Rock haulers. Pffft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heh.... saw a show on Discovery called “Humongous Moves” about disassembling a restored WW2 Spitfire in England, packing it in a shipping container that was sent to the US on a ship and then transported via truck to an aviation museum. Driver said he had hauled a lot of different cargoes, but never a Spitfire. Lol

Sorry I don’t have a pic, but witnessed a tractor trailer making a right hand turn at intersection, mashing the fuck out of the front end of a suburban that some dumbass was driving right up behind the rig as he swung out wide left to make the corner. He had his turn indicators on in plenty of time.  Other driver just flat out not paying attention…

Frustrating seeing a hardworking motherfucker’s day get messed up like that.

14 hours ago, slorch said:

Sorry I don’t have a pic, but witnessed a tractor trailer making a right hand turn at intersection, mashing the fuck out of the front end of a suburban that some dumbass was driving right up behind the rig as he swung out wide left to make the corner. He had his turn indicators on in plenty of time.  Other driver just flat out not paying attention…

Frustrating seeing a hardworking motherfucker’s day get messed up like that.

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

Hey OP: How's that Pete holding up?  Any mechanical issues, other than routine maintenance?

A few weeks ago the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Had it towed to a shop in Rockford IL. Was told it was just a software update. Not a warranty issue so it cost me $2200 for a $200 update.

Turns out the fuckers didn’t fix the problem. 2 weeks later I start getting all kinds of warnings for the def level. Limped into a shop in bumfuck MO. Turns out the sensor in the DEF tank that checks the level was bad. $600 and two days later I was back on the road.

But honestly besides that just routine oil, lube, and filter changes.

I’ve already been through a full set of tires.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, drifter379 said:

A few weeks ago the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Had it towed to a shop in Rockford IL. Was told it was just a software update. Not a warranty issue so it cost me $2200 for a $200 update.

Turns out the fuckers didn’t fix the problem. 2 weeks later I start getting all kinds of warnings for the def level. Limped into a shop in bumfuck MO. Turns out the sensor in the DEF tank that checks the level was bad. $600 and two days later I was back on the road.

I assume that you were late on a delivery?  Does that cost you money?

On 6/13/2021 at 10:45 AM, drifter379 said:

What is it?

All kinds of shit.  I am the GM for a freight forwarder here in Houston.  Got stuff moving all over.  

if you’ve ever hauled a subsea XT from Galveston to Berwick then for sure you’ve carried our cargo.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 8:12 AM, drifter379 said:

DEF systems are a pain in the ass, and trouble shooting them always seems to cost extra time.

We've had that issue on our fleet more than a handful of times.  It sucks.  Glad it was( only) 2 days for you.

• 5 weeks later...