2018 Hurricane Season

Lobwedgephil

The model runs from almost every model are a complete disaster for Hawaii. Barring a miracle Lane is gonna landfall as a cat 4 or 5. 

EDIT: Recon has 135 knots in the NW eyewall. EDIT 2: Pressure is around 939 mb

Edited by Calihorn

6 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

The model runs from almost every model are a complete disaster for Hawaii. Barring a miracle Lane is gonna landfall as a cat 4 or 5. 

EDIT: Recon has 135 knots in the NW eyewall. EDIT 2: Pressure is around 939 mb

Huh? Doesn't look good, but in no way is it forecast to hit as a cat 4 or 5. 

1 minute ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Huh? Doesn't look good, but in no way is it forecast to hit as a cat 4 or 5. 

Warm water and not nearly enough shear. There's nothing to weaken him until he's over a volcano. 

Anyway, he looks like a mean motherfucker

33dd1tw.gif

53 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

The best solution is for Lane to get driven into the Big Island on the east side of South Point and have Mauna Loa tear it apart. 

Will be pretty impressive to see how a volcano erupting continuously for 30+ years reacts to a hurricane.  

• Like 1

What do they do for safety? I'm just looking at it from where I sit, in Galveston, we.can load up our truck and make it inland enough for safety, might take 8 hours, but we have that option. Hawaii gots no where to go. They also dont get hit at the rate we do, which is a blessing for them. But still, what do they do?

Pardon my ignorance

2 minutes ago, Dewey said:

What do they do for safety? I'm just looking at it from where I sit, in Galveston, we.can load up our truck and make it inland enough for safety, might take 8 hours, but we have that option. Hawaii gots no where to go. They also dont get hit at the rate we do, which is a blessing for them. But still, what do they do?

Pardon my ignorance

good question. my GF's 3 kids are over there. they have been there for the summer and are flying back monday. they have loaded up on shit at costco and are staying in a house on a hill on the windward side of Oahu, so I am thing they will be alright from the flooding. i guess the main danger is their house being pounded by the winds?

Pardon my ignorance

5091e31bc30278f17c95cdb1deb7f433.jpg
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Navy haul ass yet? 

In progress

Hawaii-based Ships to Sortie Ahead of Hurricane Lane

PEARL HARBOR, HAWAII – Rear Adm. Brian Fort, commander, Naval Surface Group Middle Pacific, announced that U.S. Navy ships and submarines based in Hawaii not currently undergoing maintenance availabilities have begun to sortie as Hurricane Lane travels toward the Hawaiian Islands.

Ships that sortie will be positioned to help respond after the storm, if needed.

“Based on the current track of the storm, we made the decision to begin to sortie the Pearl Harbor based ships,” Fort said. “This allows the ships enough time to transit safely out of the path of the storm.”

Units will remain at sea until the threat from the storm subsides and Hawaii-based Navy aircraft will be secured in hangars or flown to other airfields to avoid the effects of the hurricane.

The Navy orders a sortie during potentially extreme weather conditions to reduce the risk of significant damage to ships and piers during high winds and seas. Some ships will not get underway, due to various maintenance availabilities, and are taking extra precautions to avoid potential damage. Commanding officers have a number of options when staying in port, depending on the severity of the weather. Some of these options include adding additional mooring and storm lines, dropping the anchor, and disconnecting shore power cables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert Orange said:

There are lines at the pump in Hawaii. Where exactly in the fuck do they think they are driving with a full tank of gas?

If the hurricane causes major damage it's possible there won't be gas available for a few days if not weeks.  Two refineries on Oahu make most of the gas.  Some gas is shipped in already refined but a small percentage.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hate said:

Looks like ill have to tell the wife cant do anything but sit inside and watch CFB next weekend.