2018 Hurricane Season

Lobwedgephil

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

DO NOT USE THIS MAP 

TO MAKE DECISIONS

SEEK OFFICIAL INFO

What if your decision is "stay home, drink beer, and get frisky with the wife?"  What official info should you seek before you make that decision?

This is a good question for Surly, but we will need pics first.

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

DO NOT USE THIS MAP 

TO MAKE DECISIONS

SEEK OFFICIAL INFO

What if your decision is "stay home, drink beer, and get frisky with the wife?"  What official info should you seek before you make that decision?

Pics of the wife & brand of beer

1 hour ago, joeycovers said:

So when would this make landfall in Texas?\? 

Every dot on the line for each model represents a 4 hour period.  The map also numbers the dots every 24 hours for you.  According to that map, it would appear a late Friday night to early Saturday morning landfall is possible.  

Get your required continuing education credit hours on a cruise, they said.  It will be fun, they said.

Ok, I said.

Then they schedule it for the height of hurricane season.

No, I said. 

But it’s already booked, they said.

Got dayumit.

Doing Galveston -> Cozumel -> Galveston from Thursday to Monday.

Invest 95L should be fun.  Maybe a little Isaac, too.

Yeah the models are showing a westward track now, and (with a lot of grains of salt) a more westward track over land until it gets to the Ohio Valley, where it would turn up and out the St. Lawrence valley.  Of course a very shaky guess, but if it does that, D.C. (and I) am in the clear, maybe not more than some wind and scattered showers.

I don't regale in my not being in the path while half of the Southern Mid-Atlantic is going to be nuked, but I guess I could be thankful - IF the models hold.

Edited by phdhorn

27 minutes ago, retread said:

ezgif_1_32b1da1b7a.gif

uuuuuuh that would suck  /nobutthead

Talked with my dad (lives in Va Beach) today, told him I was conflicted about whether he should bring his stuff in or take this opportunity to take things out of his house into the yard...  He's a packrat and a cat 4 might be just the thing he needs to help with the clutter, because I'm not sure a cat 3 would be enough...  At this point it only looks like he's in line for some rain and tropical storm force winds

7 minutes ago, Loco said:

uuuuuuh that would suck  /nobutthead

Talked with my dad (lives in Va Beach) today, told him I was conflicted about whether he should bring his stuff in or take this opportunity to take things out of his house into the yard...  He's a packrat and a cat 4 might be just the thing he needs to help with the clutter, because I'm not sure a cat 3 would be enough...  At this point it only looks like he's in line for some rain and tropical storm force winds

Throw it all out on the western side so it blows into the neighbors and not him.

I brought in the lawn furniture, that's about it. I'm at about 85% confidence we are looking at 35knots and some rain for a few days. Got generator and booze though, so que sera, sera.

9 minutes ago, G650 said:

Throw it all out on the western side so it blows into the neighbors and not him.

I brought in the lawn furniture, that's about it. I'm at about 85% confidence we are looking at 35knots and some rain for a few days. Got generator and booze though, so que sera, sera.

He "stacked his lawn chairs and put them under a live oak in the dunes and put the plug in the Laser so it would will fill up with water" 

He's on the beach, but his place is literally a concrete bunker.   

Just remember the NE side of the storm is the "dirty" side...   lots of tornadoes and shitty squalls so if it doesn't go out to sea I want it to make landfall well below Hatteras.  Sucks to be you Wilmington.

Croatan has to be pumping though