2018-19 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

Fuck J.B. Holmes. I don’t care so much that he has to go through his 4 minute shot routine......on........every.......fucking.....shot.i say to each his own. I care that he refuses to initiate it until it his turn. The majority of his bullshit Prescott routine could be expedited while the other guys are hitting their shots. By the time they got to 14 they were a full hole (which I’m reading was a par 5) behind and didn’t get warned. I’m not particularly a JT fan, but that shit finally got to him and Adam.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Fuck J.B. Holmes. I don’t care so much that he has to go through his 4 minute shot routine......on........every.......fucking.....shot.i say to each his own. I care that he refuses to initiate it until it his turn. The majority of his bullshit Prescott routine could be expedited while the other guys are hitting their shots. By the time they got to 14 they were a full hole (which I’m reading was a par 5) behind and didn’t get warned. I’m not particularly a JT fan, but that shit finally got to him and Adam.

yep.  the announcers called him on it, too.

DVR'd it and watched it late last night.  Yeah, the announcers called him on it more than once, saying the same thing, "why couldn't he have done this when scott was playing?"

That last group was super slow, not just Holmes though.  Thomas reading his greens book while freaking standing on the green.  I don't know how long those last five holes were in real time, thank god I could FF through it.  I mean, I get it, they're playing for big money, but does all that time really help them?  Thomas reading his book on the green certainly did not seem to help.  On 13, he took forever and still 3 putted, albeit from 75 feet.  But he certainly could have 3 putted in a lot less time.  The group in front had teed off on 16 before the final group was done with 13.  On 17, must've taken Thomas 10 minutes to figure out to lay up.  Again, not sure because I FF'd through it.

22 hours ago, hookem48 said:

I hate it when Jordan says he's a week or two away on his putting and ball striking because it means he's going to miss the next cut.

Spieth's inconsistency is a head scratcher.  Sometimes I wish Greller would just knock him upside his head to get him to stop being such a baby on the Weekends. 

Jordan's got "trying too hard/own worst enemy disease"

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Spieth's inconsistency is a head scratcher.  Sometimes I wish Greller would just knock him upside his head to get him to stop being such a baby on the Weekends. 

Jordan's got "trying too hard/own worst enemy disease"

I saw, but can't find right now, a comment by Greller where he basically stated that Jordan needed to stop using the greens book so much. That he is a natural putter and he is overthinking on the greens.

But that would not explain the 5 bunker shots on #10 yesterday.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I saw, but can't find right now, a comment by Greller where he basically stated that Jordan needed to stop using the greens book so much. That he is a natural putter and he is overthinking on the greens.

But that would not explain the 5 bunker shots on #10 yesterday.

aren't they supposed to be limiting the book use next year or something?

Jordan needs to play more and think less.

3 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Jordan needs to play more and think less.

Or maybe play less and think more. 

He is down to 24th in the OWGR. That is piss-poor form for someone with his track record. There are FOURTEEN Americans ranked above him. And this is a 25 year old, 3 time major winner. 

I don't know if he got complacent or has something going on off the course or an unreported injury or caught the yips or what, but this is beyond a bad stretch. This is like a really shitty 52 weeks of golf he has put together when he's supposed to be in his prime winning years. It's just bizarre for someone of his caliber to fall off like this. Then again, it's golf. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Or maybe play less and think more. 

He is down to 24th in the OWGR. That is piss-poor form for someone with his track record. There are FOURTEEN Americans ranked above him. And this is a 25 year old, 3 time major winner. 

I don't know if he got complacent or has something going on off the course or an unreported injury or caught the yips or what, but this is beyond a bad stretch. This is like a really shitty 52 weeks of golf he has put together when he's supposed to be in his prime winning years. It's just bizarre for someone of his caliber to fall off like this. Then again, it's golf. 

he can't play less as he missed the minimum PGA starts last year and had to add a tournament in the fall to avoid a fine and suspension.

3 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Bro, tap the brakes with the Duval comparison.

Agree.  Duval fell apart because he got depressed from a failed relationship, got vertigo and had major back problems.

Jordan's issues appear to be between his ears (at times), and some swing flaw issue that rears its head at times causing him to do things like drive into the ocean at Pebble or jhave multiple blow up holes at Riviera (and similar incidents elsewhere -- like Augusta).

Better ball striker and swing, imo 

when Speith went on his tear, he was just knocking down an amazing percentage of putts. It was unreal. That putting stroke is gone, putting more pressure on him to improve other parts of this game to compensate. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

23 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Golf swings don’t score. 

Lol okay. By themselves maybe not, but a consistent ball striker that is an icy/hot putter can win a lot of tournaments. There are a lot of those guys on tour. You dont have to be an elite short game player every weekend - just when you need to be. 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:39 PM, ztejas said:

Dude... not even close. Spieth is at worst the 2nd best player in the post Tiger/Phil era.

Spieth is my favorite player, in the current era.
But I'm starting to worry that maybe you should say was not is.
He needs to find his juju again, as he has fallen behind both the younger players (JT & BDC) and the rejuvenated older players (DJ & Rory) and even the old players are playing much better golf on a consistent basis (Phil & Kuch).
Since last years Masters he has exactly 1 top ten.

There is nothing I'd like to see more that JS go on another run like he had in '15 & '17 (maybe he plays better in odd years, I'm hoping to see it soon....say in 7 weeks)

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Spieth is my favorite player, in the current era.
But I'm starting to worry that maybe you should say was not is.
He needs to find his juju again, as he has fallen behind both the younger players (JT & BDC) and the rejuvenated older players (DJ & Rory) and even the old players are playing much better golf on a consistent basis (Phil & Kuch).
Since last years Masters he has exactly 1 top ten.

There is nothing I'd like to see more that JS go on another run like he had in '15 & '17 (maybe he plays better in odd years, I'm hoping to see it soon....say in 7 weeks)

I mean like overall legacy wise. DJ has just one major. Kopeka has 3 but not as many tour wins as Spieth and is older.

It's pretty clearly Rory then Spieth over the past 10 years imo.