2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think I’d be more worried if he put up shitty numbers on  bad teams so at least I know he can put up decent numbers. From what I remember he has a good 3 point percentage which will be nice.

He doesn't though. His best season was his 50 game stretch with the Bucks where he cracked .400 but outside of that he is a career .357 from 3 on 4.6/game. Passable but not good imo. 

In the 2 seasons since he has shot .337 on 4.6/game which isn't passable but straight up not good. 

Edited by ztejas

Wow, did not expect a thrashing of Golden State, but that's quite a turn around from 2 weeks ago! Pretty awesome to see GS so flat without Curry and still figuring out the lockerroom situation. If Morey can find a way to send Melo to Golden State, then I think they have a good chance of making the finals. 

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Golden State plays dirty and always get away with it while tickey tack fouls get called on the other team?

No way!

Honestly the NBA is trash and after the Rockets experienced it firsthand last year in that Western Conf finals they just going to go though the motions from here on out. Doesn't matter what you do, if the storyline and the NBA wants you to lose, you lose.

Pretty funny how they suspend Draymond after calling Durant a bitch, but not after he acts like a bitch kicking people in the balls every game.

It's funny how Jeff Bzdelik improved the defense without sitting courtside (he's to rejoin the team after Thanksgiving). I personally believe one of his requirements to come back to the Rockets was jettisoning Melo. The defensive numbers tell the story. 
Pretty clear that he wasn't going to coach with Melo there... And pretty clear Tilman said, "I didn't pay 2b for this shit."

Big Fella Heartenstein has been fun to watch. He is actually contributing at an above average level and growing into a solid bench role player. Moves wel too. Good win with the PJ ejection in the third they had to deal with. 
Bullard made a good point about 10 days ago... Playing with Hartensteins level of constant effort is a skill set. Usually, that's some little white dude that is going to play 6 minutes in about 20 games. This cat plays hard consistently and gets results. I'm glad he's here.

11 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Career high 29 points for Clint but Rockets lost in OT. 

Harden was atrocious in the 4th quarter/OT. Poor ball handling led to multiple turnovers and he blew a defensive assignment which put the game out of reach for the Rockets. But the Pistons have become a better team under Dwane Casey. Oh well, time to start another streak.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Jodie Meeks and his career 37.2% BTA shooting percentage just became available. I'd give him a shot over Carter-Williams.

I think he's worth a look too -- he's a good shooter and will probably get the best looks of his career so far with Houston if he meshes well.  I don't know how much he can help defensively.  Even though Houston lost this past game, they should be ok for a bit, they are playing better now.

2 minutes ago, UTDD said:

I think he's worth a look too -- he's a good shooter and will probably get the best looks of his career so far with Houston if he meshes well.  I don't know how much he can help defensively.  Even though Houston lost this past game, they should be ok for a bit, they are playing better now.

Of Gordon, Green, and Meeks. Jodie has the best TS%, ORtg, DRtg, and WS/48.

With Gordon struggling on both sides of the floor right now, bringing in Meeks, who is a better spot up shooter wouldn't be the worse thing.

Our bench sucks BAD, none of those guys are gonna consistently contribute through a long season and playoffs. Even when we get cp3 back that bench is basically just Gordon and you are hoping Green catches fire and other than that its not good. BKnight is a flip of the coin given his injury so as of right now Morey took a massive two steps backwards with this roster. 

Not sure how you upgrade it with no one worth a shit unless you plan on trading tucker and Gordon but then you are right back in the same problem with no bench and starters logging 40 minutes a night.