2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

On 12/9/2018 at 3:13 PM, CurlyDumps said:

This team has 3 nba starters and maybe 2 bench players (Ennis and Tucker).  Eric Gordon is playing like a g-leaguer and being a whiny bitch on top of that.  Every other rotational player is complete trash.

Gordon needs to be traded.  He plays like trash and then blames his usage.  Fuck him.  He’s a huge bitch.  He can go sniff his own farts somewhere else.

Strong

9 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Harden never has been a player you can rely on to single handedly lead a team. He feeds off his teammates doing well

Harden isn't even trying to run offense right now. He's reverted back to pre-CP3 Harden. He just takes the ball and either tries to go 1on5 or will call for a Capela pick to free him up a bit. When he drives now it's either to score or he'll look for the lob to Clint...that's pretty much it. And if he does kick it to someone it's w/ less than 5 secs on the clock. 

He used to drive and actually look for passing options. Especially cross court to the corner, where that guy would either shoot it or look to start to swing it back around while probing for either a 3 or a lane to penetrate. Basically, the ball actually moved the defense and it got others involved.

I get that it's a fine line cause he doesn't trust others to get scoring chances as good as he can create for himself. But he has to stay the course and not get content only looking for his. He just has to be committed to creating for others, especially if they're going to defer to him so much. It's critical to this team's success, IMO!

Oh yeah, House looked like great last night!

The article:

The Houston Rockets are emerging as a suitor for Los Angeles Lakers guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope in multi-team trade scenarios, such as with the Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns, league sources told The Athletic.

In desperate search for an upgrade at the wing, the Rockets are targeting Caldwell-Pope, league sources said. The Lakers have pursued Suns forward Trevor Ariza, along with several other contenders, according to league sources.

As the trade market hashes itself out early this season, Caldwell-Pope has several interested suitors across the league, a telling sign for the 2019 free agent.

Caldwell-Pope signed a one-year, $12 million deal to return to the Lakers last offseason and has veto power on any trade. He and his agent, Rich Paul, would only sign off on a trade should a deal arise that would benefit Caldwell-Pope’s career.

There is no deal imminent, league sources said, and Caldwell-Pope can remain a Laker. He becomes trade-eligible on Dec. 15.

In this scenario, the teams involved would need to search for a fourth team to acquire Houston’s contract of Brandon Knight along with draft picks, sources said. Knight is under contract for $14.6 million this season and $15.6 million in 2019-20.

The Lakers are winners of 15 of their past 20 games, beginning to jell as a team around LeBron James. Caldwell-Pope, 25, is averaging 11.5 points and 2.6 assists while shooting 41 percent from 3-point range in the Lakers’ past seven games. He’s in his sixth NBA season.

Not sure KCP or really any trade for just a bench guy will get us to the top of the west much less over the hump to GS level. Regular season don't mean shit to GS last year and even less this year and they know no matter who is the 1 seed they will beat in a 7 game series.

Morey massively failed this off season but I think he can flip it quicker than any other gm so i'll wait until the trade deadline comes and goes before I really get pissed. basketball is the sport that things can turn around extremely fast so I know we aren't out of it yet.

2 hours ago, goatsaag said:

So many "experts" trying to sell that the Rockets are having trouble on offense because Ariza and Luc being gone this year is hilarious. We do miss the extra spacing that Ryan Anderson brought but no one really mentions that.

It's like the don't even care that Ariza has been mediocre and Luc has played in 4 fucking games.

15 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

james harden is pretty good.

Causing the crybabies to cry and causing disney homos on ¿HQ? to bitch about his play style. Love it.

this idiot too

LeBaby James can't take the loss, pussy

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25530583/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-frustrated-calls-houston-rockets

Edited by Zavala

11 hours ago, Zavala said:

AHAHAHAH these losers bitching about the refs

Where was all this bitching in WCF game 6 and 7 when the refs screwed the Rockets every chance they could get?

Well to be fair in my opinion I think the game was called too tightly but I also think the Rockets had legitimate gripes last year in the WCF too.

And after watching the last 2 games in person, I'm back on the bandwagon. When they shoot like they did the last few nights, they're easily the 2nd best team behind GSW. If they stay healthy I'm projecting they win 50 games and get a top 4 seed somehow. And they probably don't bow out until they play GS.

I know I'm jumping ahead, but looks like some issues have been ironed out. I understand that some teams in the West have improved, but I don't think their improvements put them on par with healthy GSWs or HOU. I see those squads leveling off at some point.