2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

9 hours ago, NowThis said:

reminds me of Jordan's first years when he had nothing, although the current Rox are not that desperate. 

btw, wtf is the G league rule regarding House? Damn, feel so sorry for that guy, what a shitastic deal for him. 

i THINK this is the deal: after 45 days on an nba roster, the rockets had to offer him a contract.  they offered him a 3 year guaranteed minimum deal.  he thinks he can do better than that so he rejected it.  so he is out of nba days until he signs an nba contract.  they can still negotiate and he can still come back this season if they come to an agreement.  in the summer, the rockets can give him a qualifying offer -- probably the minimum.  he will likely reject that and become a restricted free agent.

more likely than not, his time with the rockets is not over.

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

House's agent is playing games, much like Motiejunas's did. House wants to be a FA after the season, due to his current play which 100% should be attributed to Harden and the Rockets system. The Rockets offered a 3 year fully guaranteed contract, House rejected it. Fuck him.

This.

His agent overplayed his hand.  Can't say I blame him.  He's proved himself a better player/fit than Gary Clark.  But keep in mind this dude wasn't in the league at the start of Dec. 

Look, I like him as a player for the Rockets.  I hope we work out a deal, but in the landscape of the NBA, he's a fringe player. 

LikeHtown said---He's not going to shoot 40% from 3 on any other team in the league.  

i like him as a stop gap starter while capela is out and then depth when capela returns.  IF this team could ever get 100% healthy, they have some quality depth:

harden, cp3, capela, pj, rivers, gordon, ennis, faried, green

that's a pretty solid 9 man rotation.  if they can turn brandon knight's contract into one more above average 3 & d wing,  they'll have a very deep and versatile lineup. 

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Really like this pickup. In his limited minutes this season, Faried still has a PER over 20. If he gets 30+ minutes a night, he will be a double-double guy for the Rockets.

What exactly happened to Faried? I understand that Denver went in a different direction and traded him to the Nets, but he is too good to have fallen completely out of the Nets rotation.

EDIT: Happy that he is getting picked up. He'll be good doing the dirty work inside grabbing boards and getting put backs.

Edited by UDontKnow