2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Well he was playing like shit, and saying some passive aggressive stuff to the media.  

Hooefully he’s gotten over his slump, and over himself.

Gordon is awesome. Dumping him would be the end of the Rockets; he & along with the big 3/Tucker define the team. 

Also, sign House, the dude is badass. 

14 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

If it was me, I’d have Austin Rivers running point when CP3 is getting back into the groove the next few games especially since Rivers is shooting like shit. Can’t grab a rebound tonight.

The Rockets are one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA. Hopefully with a healthy Capela and Faried that will change. Rivers, Gordon, and Ennis need to pick it up from the rebounding perspective. 

23 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Without hesitation yes. The Pelicans won’t go for that. I don’t think we have a shot at trading for Unibrow.

Yea but the pelicans have to know they won't get a full return for AD. Mainly because what you will get most in return is draft picks that is a unknown and you definitely are not getting anything close to AD in player return. So if they take a trade it will be for a stockpile of picks and Young guys with potential and since AD said he wants a contender then what type od picks are you getting any ways? Low first rounders?

playing with the trade machine to see about non-AD pelicans trades:

• brandon knight for nikola mirotic works straight up.  rockets would have to include a first round pick to get new orleans' attention, but mirotic could be the stretch 4 morey has always dreamed about.
  • etwaun moore and julius randle for brandon knight and marquese chriss works.  would have to include at least 1 first rounder and maybe more as randle is having a big year and moore is a knockdown shooter.
  • brandon knight and eric gordon for jrue holiday works.  no idea what draft pick compensation would be required, but this is my favorite of the three because holiday is a really good player and would give the rockets 3 elite point guards.  he is owed a lot of money over the next 2+1 years so maybe his market isn't quite as lucrative for the pelicans because there will be teams who won't want to take on long term money.  

i seriously doubt any of these happen (particularly the 3rd), but it's fun to think about now that we know the pelicans will be sellers.

52 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

brandon knight and eric gordon for jrue holiday works.  no idea what draft pick compensation would be required, but this is my favorite of the three because holiday is a really good player and would give the rockets 3 elite point guards.  he is owed a lot of money over the next 2+1 years so maybe his market isn't quite as lucrative for the pelicans because there will be teams who won't want to take on long term money.  

EG left Pelicans on very bad terms, they wouldnt want him if he was available for free. There would need to be a 3rd team to take on EG (many would want him: Pistons, 76ers, Pacers, etc)

Houston has had trouble with NOP the last 2 or 3 years IIRC. They play a suffocating perimeter D with tall long guys that choke Harden; it's the blueprint for beating Houston. 

dantoni should have let Rivers run the show so they could not double Harden at the top.  

Also, when Capela returns, would like to experiment with the tall ball concept, Faried and Capela on the floor, get some rebounding improvement. Harden and Gordon on the wings with CP3 running it. Old school pg, sg, 3, 4, 5. 

I was so pissed that the Rockets lost to the Peliccans JV team last night.  But now, I'm thinking that since GSW winning is almost assured, maybe the only thing left to root for is Harden's MVP campaign, win or lose be damned. Cheering on this 30+ points streak like the Thunders' fans cheer for triple doubles. FML

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chapo said:

I was so pissed that the Rockets lost to the Peliccans JV team last night.  But now, I'm thinking that since GSW winning is almost assured, maybe the only thing left to root for is Harden's MVP campaign, win or lose be damned. Cheering on this 30+ points streak like the Thunders' fans cheer for triple doubles. FML

As much as I hope the streak continues, it might be best for the team if it ends soon.   If he was like 5 games away from Wilt, then it could be worth a loss or two.   But doesn’t hardens streak have to carryover to next season to break wilts record.    It’s not impossible but unlikely.

CP3 and DJ are still tight as far as I know. I'm sure he can bring him in, just like with Austin Rivers. DJ taking Nene's minutes, and moving Manimal to backup Tucker would be alright, but I kind of wonder if playing time may be a problem. If I'm DJ, I would try to go to the Warriors, who also need a backup C behind Boogie. 

Wes Matthews is another story, but he sure would be nice to have coming off the bench. 

9 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

CP3 and DJ are still tight as far as I know. I'm sure he can bring him in, just like with Austin Rivers. DJ taking Nene's minutes, and moving Manimal to backup Tucker would be alright, but I kind of wonder if playing time may be a problem. If I'm DJ, I would try to go to the Warriors, who also need a backup C behind Boogie. 

Wes Matthews is another story, but he sure would be nice to have coming off the bench. 

Matthews would be the starter at SF. Gordon would go back to 6th man, and the rotation would be very good.

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Matthews would be the starter at SF. Gordon would go back to 6th man, and the rotation would be very good.

I don't think the staff would make that move for continuity purposes, but he would stagger the mins to basically do the same thing.  I think EG would have a mental hangup to losing his starting spot while healthy to a guy off the street

Bring DeAndre Jordan back home to Htown. If we added him along with Danuel House and with Green on the roster we would have maybe more hometown guys on the team than any other team in thr NBA. You know DeAndre would go all out like GG living his dream playing for the Rockets.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Good game so far on ESPN. I'm just chilling in the hospital while my wife is in labor, so this is a nice distraction for us. Going on 14 hours, but making progress. Gonna have a groundhog day baby!

Congrats my man!! Praying for you for a healthy baby and complication free delivery.

• Like 1