2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

12 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Assuming he is bought out. 

I think our biggest struggles are due to an inability to replace Ariza from last year. One of the better  3-D role players in the league, which by default (Gordon to bench) strengthens depth. 

None of the additions have come close to filling that void and I’m not sure that player is out there right now. Even 2019 Ariza is not good enough. 

Ariza sucks. I was hoping Green would pan out, but shumpert will do fine. Rivers has been a positive suprise he may get some playoff mins. 

To me, this should get us to take the Warriwhores to the limit again.

Keep playing iso ball, slow the game down, switch everything on D, play a style that the best team hates. Ya gotta chance.

Edited by Zavala

really need to win these last two games before the break against sub .500 teams.   rockets are 11 point favorites tonight.  that stuns me.  is luka out?

Dallas had a crazy 4th quarter comeback last night. Then traveling to a (somewhat) rested squad that owes them a butt kicking. Plus they are still trying to figure out a rotation with all the new guys.

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

harden's streak could be in jeopardy.  only 20 points through 3 quarters and he isn't shooting well tonight.

Thank god....  He never was going to catch Wilt's main record and he pushed it far further than I ever thought possible but hopefully they can play better team basketball without him pushing to extend the streak.

We blew another 19 point lead smh
Can't do a whole lot when the refs turn on you to shave points in the 2nd half. Absolute joke of a ref job tonight, so many tricky track calls against us, horrible charging calls against harden and CP3 that negated a few baskets. This is just another Scott Foster special, who is notorious for hating the Rockets, and who we were 0-6 against last postseason. The guy is a complete embarrassment to this league and should be in prison with Tim Donaghy.

In the second half, the Rockets shot 2 free throws total, the Lakers had 19. Before that it was 12 to 12 for the first half. That doesn't happen by accident, it was a clear decision by the refs to not give any shots to the Rockets, and call every possible little thing against them. That game should be reviewed by the league office, but we know it won't. 

• Like 1

Just now, NowThis said:

pj tucker is a force of nature.   

Faried should stop thinking he's Larry Bird.

team is so much better when CP3 is ball dominant, if/when Harden comes back , 13 should play off the ball A LOT. 

i'm fearing a late minute loss. 

Hope that BS goaltending goal doesn't make a difference at the end. Maybe Draymond is out for the rest of the game if he's not acting about his injury.