2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

When do the trade rumors really start heating up? I bet we end up trading Gordon but curious what is even available that would be considered a "upgrade"? Any big names possibly on the trading block that we could realistically get?

Why the fuck would we trade Gordon? Especially given CP3’s health issues.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Faried seems like a good pick up.

i keep thinking " damn Nene is quick!"

good thing KL isn't the greatest 3 shooter, a make there would have been one of the most painful reg season losses in recent history.

All HOU has to do is get the 3rd seed, avoid GS until the WCF and they're set when CP3 and Cap come back. Probably have to cut someone , which one, sad that has to happen. 

14 hours ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Why the fuck would we trade Gordon? Especially given CP3’s health issues.

Gordon was always the most solid piece in any grade for a upgrade. I wasn’t saying trade Gordon for some role player, I’m saying if there was a third star we could acquire with Gordon and first rounders I would do it.

Am I crazy to think that we might have a better overall team in terms of roster construction for the playoffs than last year? Obviously, we don’t have the record of last year but I think our bench is better than last year’s. Hopefully, we can get Danuel House under contract soon. If we do, our wings compared to last year would be much improved. 

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Am I crazy to think that we might have a better overall team in terms of roster construction for the playoffs than last year? Obviously, we don’t have the record of last year but I think our bench is better than last year’s. Hopefully, we can get Danuel House under contract soon. If we do, our wings compared to last year would be much improved. 

i think that, fully healthy, this team is definitely deeper than last year's team.

last year, after paul went down, they basically had 6 playable players against the warriors: harden, gordon, tucker, ariza, capela and green.

this year, if healthy, they can play all of these guys against the warriors: harden, paul, gordon, tucker, capela, rivers, faried, ennis and green.  that is not counting danuel house who they can hopefully get back, or brandon knight/whatever they can turn him into at the deadline.