2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

In minimal fairness to D'Antoni, CP3 was hurt for a good chunk of the first half of the season. Hero ball set in and hopefully after tonight, it'll slowly erode away.

if memory serves, this was the formula for the 65 win season. So how can the overpaid coaching staff forget. 

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The Rockets resigned TJones. Was averaging 24 and 10 in the DLeague.

Not bad for the tail end of the bench. I would like to see more of Faried in the starting lineup. 

Starting lineup should be CP3, Beard, Tuck, Manimal, and CC

Playable bench is Rivers, EG, GG, Shump, and Nene (especially Nene when the other team comes out with size)

Really impressed by the fact that we had 3 players with double digit rebounds tonight. Played the W's bigs very well.

I'm very surprised that Faried played the 4 at all in this system but it was even more shocking that he was the primary defender on Durant. That makes me think he actually will play more minutes there and that it wasn't a temporary thing just needing more size without having Harden in to guard the post.

The Rockets really are the only team in the West that can give the Warriors trouble.

3 hours ago, goatsaag said:

I'm very surprised that Faried played the 4 at all in this system but it was even more shocking that he was the primary defender on Durant. That makes me think he actually will play more minutes there and that it wasn't a temporary thing just needing more size without having Harden in to guard the post.

The Rockets really are the only team in the West that can give the Warriors trouble.

OKC can give GS trouble. 

27 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

This idea that the Rockets or Harden were doing something different trying to maintain the streak and that it will change now is very dumb. The Rockets do finally have an actual healthy 9 man rotation though.

1st game all season the Rockets have had their full rotation healthy at the same time.

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Did Faried get hurt? It appears D'Antoni's rotations tonight are fucking retarded.

He said that he wanted Eric Gordon in the starting lineup so that CP3 could preserve his health by not having to spend all his time guarding the other team's large guard. Whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. Faried needs to be in the starting lineup with Capela so that the Rockets have a better chance of out rebounding the other team. For fuck's sake, Faried is an double double threat even if he plays between 24-28 minutes of the game. 

Now only if Portland would cooperate & lose a darn game we could see some movement up the standings. Rockets have won 4 straight and have lost ground to them as they've rolled off 5 in a row. However, only 1.5 back of both Portland & OKC for that 3rd spot!

Does it really matter? not sure...West is gonna be tough no matter where you're seeded. Just hope the Rockets have all their bullets in the chamber when the 'ish gets real!!!

Faried (sore left hip flexor) and Shumpert (quad injury) didn't play vs. the Heat and we still win the game.  What may be more surprising is Houston outrebounded Miami 36-34 without Faried in the lineup.  The Rockets must get healthy fast as the next three games are against Boston, Toronto, and Philly.  Can I haz a healthy Houston Rockets squad???

13 hours ago, NowThis said:

ideally, Rox creep up to the 3rd spot to meet GS in the WCF.  If everyone is 100%, HOU can get there and even pull off the upset.  Stay healthy!! 

Ideally, I agree w/ the Rox getting the 3rd spot but it'd be nice if Denver catches GSW so that they end up with 2nd position. That way you face them a round earlier. IMO, you have to face them at some point anyway, so why not face them when you have a better chance of being healthy in the WCSF than a round later?

the amount of boston fans talking down on harden and blaming the refs for throwing the game was INSUFFERABLE

i was at the game at TD garden and it was HORRIBLE

among the comments i heard:

• "harden only scores cuz he gets fouls"
  • "yeah only harden is going to get those fouls"
  • "the refs are paid"
  • celtics airball: "BOOOO"

it was probably the worst experience i've had at a game w/r/t to experience of other fans. there were some nice dudes there, especially folks i chatted to at halftime. i live here and have been to multiple astros & texans visiting games but it's never been like this. i guess because either the pats are always winning or the red sox are always competing. it was my first taste of that extreme boston negativity.