2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

14 minutes ago, Chapo said:

I also have an unpopular opinion, I hate this MVP push by Harden.  At times he is forcing it to the detriment of the team.  Take last night for example, Harden was struggling and coughing up the ball repeatedly against double teams (almost cost us the game).  Gordon was playing and shooting well, I would rather have the ball in his hand the last few possessions.  

There wasn't a Rocket that took last night's game seriously. The Mavericks management would have been more upset had they actually won, because their draft pick has some protection to it, 1-5 this year.

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

I also have an unpopular opinion, I hate this MVP push by Harden.  At times he is forcing it to the detriment of the team.  Take last night for example, Harden was struggling and coughing up the ball repeatedly against double teams (almost cost us the game).  Gordon was playing and shooting well, I would rather have the ball in his hand the last few possessions.  

MVPs are worth a ton of money in sponsorships and a lot of publicity. I can absolutely understand why guys like Harden and Westbrook do what they do to get them. Some of it may be detrimental to the team, but I don't think either care about a win here or there in the grand scheme of things compared to the personal accolades. It's just what the MVP has become recently, it's a box score+highlights+popularity contest, and it's a big deal to them even if it means little to us fans. 

Is Clark gonna get anymore min or is he done because he'll trigger a bonus?  Shumpert is coming off an injury but his play even before wasn't that thrilling.  Clark however was improving, being in the right spots of the floor when he was getting some run last week.  

Woohoo! That's great news! He will replace Shumpert, which should be an upgrade. We only have so many games left for him to get acclimated, but this should be plenty:

Golden State Warriors
Phoenix Suns
Minnesota Timberwolves
@Atlanta Hawks
@Memphis Grizzlies
San Antonio Spurs
@ New Orleans Pelicans
@ Milwaukee Bucks
Denver Nuggets
Sacramento Kings
@ Sacramento Kings
@ Los Angeles Clippers
New York Knicks
Phoenix Suns
@ Oklahoma City Thunder

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I think it has more to do with how little salary will go against the tax at this point, so there is no danger of going over and risking repeater status next year. 

For whatever reason, I am happy they did it. 

I like the potential rotation of Paul, Harden, Gordon, Tucker, Capela, Green, Faried, House, Rivers, and Nene.

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I was under the impression the ship had sailed on signing House. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I thought I heard on the Dunc'd On podcast that the Rockets FO had kinda bungled the situation.

They had until in the end of the season to convert his contract to make him eligible for the playoffs. I think as mentioned up thread, that the money now makes sense, especially since it's unlikely that Capela makes his defensive rebounding and FT bonuses.

Both parties were to blame, as the Rockets offered House a 3 year deal, but House wanted to become a RFA next season based on him excelling in the Rocket's system.

We all know D'Antoni plays a short bench so I think we should be looking at what that rotation would be come playoff time. He isn't playing 9-10 guys in the playoffs.

Harden

CP3

Tucker

Gordon

Capella

Bench: Rivers, Faried and Green(in no order)

Next 3: Shumpert, House, Nene(in no order)

It will be hard for the last 3 to find minutes come the playoffs being realistic anyways.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We all know D'Antoni plays a short bench so I think we should be looking at what that rotation would be come playoff time. He isn't playing 9-10 guys in the playoffs.

Harden

CP3

Tucker

Gordon

Capella

Bench: Rivers, Faried and Green(in no order)

Next 3: Shumpert, House, Nene(in no order)

It will be hard for the last 3 to find minutes come the playoffs being realistic anyways.

Yep, but this team is much better equipped to handle the injury problem that killed the Rockets last year.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I just hope D'Antoni extends the rotation in the playoffs. It's going to be necessary to prevent injury.

Maybe the first round but if anyone thinks he will be playing 10 guys vs the Warriors or Thunder should rethink it. I also think D' Antoni would play Shump over House in the playoffs just because Shump has played on championship teams and House has been good on some regular season games so coaches usually lean to playoff ready guys over young guys. Not that I even agree just saying what most coaches want on their bench are NBA seasoned vets that understand the playoff grind. But honestly I don't think it will matter as Faried, River and Green will eat up most if not all the playoff bench minutes.

i don't think he'll have a very deep rotation against the warriors, but it is nice to have guys you can play against them in rivers, faried, shumpert and house.

last year, in game 7, ryan anderson got 8 minutes (in which the rockets were torched) and joe johnson got 5.  this year we have much better options.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Shumpert fucking sucks. Should have played more Faried and Capela together, since you love to switch your best rebounder 30' away from the basket.

Our starting lineup should include Faried and Capela with Gordon back to the 6th man role. They're getting eaten alive on the boards. D'Antoni claimed that Gordon in the starting lineup takes some defensive pressure off of CP3, but it really doesn't do much when you have to guard extra possessions when you're giving away second and third chances like candy.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Shumpert fucking sucks. Should have played more Faried and Capela together, since you love to switch your best rebounder 30' away from the basket.

Shumpert is total trash, always out of position, was an idiot with NYK and even worse now.  I cry for Ennis leaving the team.  Can't wait for House, never play Shumpert aagin. . 

Rox not setting picks/screens for each other. What the hell, everything is 1 on 1 then jack a 3..

Also, Cousins stopping CP3 penetration, no lobs for dunks.  Cousins also doing his Moses Malone on offense. 

This is a bad bad bad game for Rox, huge statement win for GS.  Damn! 

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Can't expect to beat the Warriors when Harden is still off his game

He has to make better decisions in crunch time. He wasted two possessions that didn't end in good looks. He's very dangerous when he drives and when he's 2-11 from 3, he needs to improvise.

Got obliterated on the boards (Looney was a man on a mission) and mised 30 threes = Rockets lose everytime.

Need to start House and EG to the bench. The 3 guard lineup cant rebound. Also EG had Curry guarding him, why not just let EG cook instead of force feeding Harden?