2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

11 minutes ago, Horns RD Standard said:

Rockets sending Gary Clark to the G league. Are they trying to make room to add someone? If so, any ideas who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it's too late to add anyone that can be eligible for the playoffs. Most likely it allows Terrence Jones to get some run. House is not eligible for the playoffs either.

42 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I believe it's too late to add anyone that can be eligible for the playoffs. Most likely it allows Terrence Jones to get some run. House is not eligible for the playoffs either.

pretty sure you are wrong about that one.

also, they can still add playoff eligible players.  but for buy out guys, they had to have been bought out by march 1st. 

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

pretty sure you are wrong about that one.

also, they can still add playoff eligible players.  but for buy out guys, they had to have been bought out by march 1st. 

Yeah, he can rejoin the Rockets after March 24 when the G League season is over, but would ineligible for the playoffs unless his contract gets converted. Not sure if there is a cut-off date to convert him. There is no cut-off date to convert him, other than end of the season. My guess is that he gets brought back up, but likely doesn't get any playing time unless Shumpert is going to stay injured.

But with a potential playoff rotation of

Paul, Harden, Tucker, Faried, Capela, Gordon, Green, Shumpert, Rivers, and Nene

not sure there would be room for him right now.

Edited by HtownHorn

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

He was moving it around so he’s probably done for tonight and possibly a few games if it’s sprained.

Damn I wish they would shut him down but the man is on a fucking mission this year. Fuck the warriors. 

32 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Ennis -14

Shumpert +9

I like it when the bench actually scores points, of course, Paul being healthy really helps.

maybe b/c Philly was losing badly , didn't have The Process, and basically didn't give a shit about this game. 

Yeah ideal playoff seeding in the west is basically

1. Golden State (I don't see making up a 5 game deficit with only 17 to play)
2. Houston (would prefer home court but think it won't matter)
3. Denver (see above)
4. Portland (I still can't root for OKC plus Portland is 2-2 vs GS this year too)
5. OKC (I think they can give GSW a fight as can Portlandia)
6. Utah (who doesn't want to beat Utah?)
7. San Antonio (who doesn't want to beat SAS?)
8. Los Angeles (don't think the Clippers can do much vs GSW but I think they would fare better than Utah/SAS)

1 hour ago, HoustonFrog said:

Probably an unpopular take, but I want the 4 seed so that we get GSW in 2nd round. Think we have a better chance there and less time for Paul to get hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The refs ain't gonna let Golden State lose in round 2

• Like 1

I also have an unpopular opinion, I hate this MVP push by Harden.  At times he is forcing it to the detriment of the team.  Take last night for example, Harden was struggling and coughing up the ball repeatedly against double teams (almost cost us the game).  Gordon was playing and shooting well, I would rather have the ball in his hand the last few possessions.