mdmost

If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

The only upside to this is the Hardline will finally have someone consistently preparing for segments. Maybe Bob pushes Danny out. BAD was tough on producers and I bet a lot of that is Bob. 

Just now, mdmost said:

Demographics. The Ticket isn't hitting the younger demo any longer. 

But is one of those (103.3 or 105.3 ) beating them or are the numbers just lower and being spread across other multiple stations?  Kind of how all TV ratings are lower now than they were 10 years ago which were lower than they were 20 years ago.

spacer.png

Just now, Zepol87 said:

Good for Jake but I hate the move for Bob

Bob doesn't sound happy at all with this. He sounds like a guy trying not to sound pissed off. With his writing and sports analysis ability and connections to people like Aikman I could see Bob leaving the station all together if he gets a better offer to cover just sports. Maybe not since he still has young kids in school here but how long can he take Corby's unprofessional ass? Bob is OCD about show prep.

This seems like a stupid move and the move to make was moving BaD to 3-7 to see if they resonate better with that audience and moving Corby to 10-noon with Sirois or Donnie going to 12-3. They just 3-7 horrible and weakened 12-3. 

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Going to be weird to listen to someone that is well informed about sports and isn’t checked out on my drive home from work. 

I would have said "It's going to suck listening to sports intricacies on my way home from work."

Holy shit all of the stuff they're saying sounds like they're trying to talk themselves as well as the listeners into this being a good thing when they know it's 100 percent because they are failing in ratings. They don't sound happy at all

It would not shock me if Dan said no on moving their show to drive time. He strikes me to be a lot like Gordo, totally content with where things are. 

Edited by mdmost

Twitter is overwhelmingly against this. Best new show name, The Flaccid Line.

Just now, RPM said:

Twitter is overwhelmingly against this. Best new show name, The Flaccid Line.

And yet, everyone will tune in to see how it goes. The Ticket has had three changes to the lineup in 20 years. You would've had tons of negative Twitter responses if Jake was moved to the HL. 

3 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I would have said "It's going to suck listening to sports intricacies on my way home from work."

You'll get to listen to Bob go into sports analysis while Corby just kind of nods along listening to analysis of something he never watched and wouldn't understand even if he did. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Wonder who produces Dan and Jake

Maybe the return of TC?

Edited by mdmost

2 minutes ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Wonder who produces Dan and Jake

Ryan M is my guest

Edited by NoName

Dale Hansen- The rain that falls today are the tears of all the BaD Radio P1s /Dale Hansen

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It would not shock me if Dan said no on moving their show to drive time. He strikes me to be a lot like Gordo, totally content with where things are. 

Would he have that kind of clout? If they told him ok then once your contract is up you're out then would he still stick to his guns? Where would he go if he was out at the ticket?

I mean he's a mid day host of an underperforming show with young kids still in grade school and about to enter college. I don't think he has any room to make demands at this time. 

6 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

You'll get to listen to Bob go into sports analysis while Corby just kind of nods along listening to analysis of something he never watched and wouldn't understand even if he did. 

I'll be tuning out during those segments.

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

Would he have that kind of clout? If they told him ok then once your contract is up you're out then would he still stick to his guns? Where would he go if he was out at the ticket?

I mean he's a mid day host of an underperforming show with young kids still in grade school and about to enter college. I don't think he has any room to make demands at this time. 

If this is ratings driven, then they didn't even ask Dan.  Why would they want to move an underperforming show to a more prime spot?

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Where would he go if he was out at the ticket?

Anywhere he wanted. He's kind of a big deal.

I think it's more ad revenue driven. Maybe Bob is able to get Rhyner-esque fees for his spots. I think that's a huge reason Norm is still around even though he's a shell of his former self. You can't ask for Hardline money for ads with Jake and Corby. 

27 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I wonder if they tried to move BaD Radio to drive time and Dan refused and wanted to stay midday. 

I doubt it.  Why would he refuse that?!?!

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I doubt it.  Why would he refuse that?!?!

It's nice to go to work at 10 and be home by 4 🤷🏿‍♂️

Yeah, I was going to say that despite his on-air persona, Dan strikes me as quite the family man who has a pretty damn cushy schedule for being there for your family. 12-3 and then getting home by 4 versus 3-7 and getting home after 8. 

Edited by mdmost

23 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Bob doesn't sound happy at all with this. He sounds like a guy trying not to sound pissed off. With his writing and sports analysis ability and connections to people like Aikman I could see Bob leaving the station all together if he gets a better offer to cover just sports. Maybe not since he still has young kids in school here but how long can he take Corby's unprofessional ass? Bob is OCD about show prep.

This seems like a stupid move and the move to make was moving BaD to 3-7 to see if they resonate better with that audience and moving Corby to 10-noon with Sirois or Donnie going to 12-3. They just 3-7 horrible and weakened 12-3. 

I felt like Dan was the one who didn't sound happy. 

Clearly the formula is 1 older/wiser combined with 1 younger/dumber and one of the two has to know sports.

Midday:  Dan = older/wiser, Jake = younger/dumber, Jake knows sports

Drive: Bob = older/wiser, Corby = younger/dumber, Bob knows sports

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Anywhere he wanted. He's kind of a big deal.

I like Dan. He's grown on me over the years but his value to the station overwhelmingly was being a foil for straight laced, uptight Bob. His only other contributions to the show is replaying audio and attention whoring at big events (Super Bowl, Ticketstock). He's not a name his time slot talent.

I'll give it a shot but don't really have a good sense of how Bob and Corby will mesh working together day in and day out.

This is awful. Bob will take the first serious sports gig that comes his way now. I really hate this. Fucking Corby remains

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Clearly the formula is 1 older/wiser combined with 1 younger/dumber and one of the two has to know sports.

Midday:  Dan = older/wiser, Jake = younger/dumber, Jake knows sports

Drive: Bob = older/wiser, Corby = younger/dumber, Bob knows sports

Corby is older than Bob.  Bob was the youngest show host until tomorrow when Jake becomes one.  

They alluded to the fact that Corby does dick for show prep when they said Bob passed him in the hall and said see you tomorrow- what time do you usually get here? 2:45?

5 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Corby is older than Bob.  Bob was the youngest show host until tomorrow when Jake becomes one.  

I don't mean in numbers, I mean in maturity.  Bob is 10 times older/wiser than Corby.

I hate the move but it seems like the logical answer to the Fan. More Cowboys segments. More Xs and Os. The Laddie said it best on how to drive segments "TALK MORE COWBOYS BUDDYYYYYYYYYY"!

“You know I love Brett (Bob) but the expected Hardline performance after this announcement is, well, lacking...”

There are so many diverging opinions on here and everywhere it highlights the challenge they had. Any decision was the wrong decision. But here are a few thoughts:

1. The station has not been doing well in the ratings in every time slot, although the morning show has been doing still very well. They had to change multiple time slots because Bad Radio was also getting worse.

2. The formula that has seemed to work well is pairing a seasoned serious guy with a yuck monkey. This change aligns with that formula.

3. I think Bob is okay with the change because it takes him to higher profile drive-time but I suspect he would have preferred Dan went with him. I think Dan is pissed. He got bypassed for the drive time slot. But he will be fine with Jake.

4. Bob will definitely shut down Corby taking over the mike too much. That’s a great thing. Corby in small doses is better.

Will it work out? Not sure. This could work, or accelerate the decline. It probably won’t be status quo.

Christ, we may have to change the thread title now as there's no more BaD Radio. 

The prophecy has been fulfilled

When Dongavan joined The Ticket didn't he go straight into the third chair of BaD Radio? He didn't float around on any other shows until settling into his role as third wheel on BaD, right?

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

2. The formula that has seemed to work well is pairing a seasoned serious guy with a yuck monkey. This change aligns with that formula.

That's what I was trying to say...you said it better.

I actually think the balance works a lot better now.

Here is my HSO...Mike is going to set up a podcast “station” or whathaveyou....and slowly the entire band will get back together. Cut out the corporate overlords, go rated R on content. Profit. 

He aint done. Lots of fight left in the old grey wolf. 

but now 12-3 is two yuck monkeys

Nah Jake knows his sports. Especially NBA.
It’s easy to talk Cowboys. Bob was/is a hockey dude. I like hockey you out there may like hockey. Hockey doesn’t get the young kids wet. Hoops and Luka does.

7 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

I think Jake can rein things in and will have to in order to make 12-3 work with those two.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

He'll get his turn when Norm retires in 10 years.  dies in 30 years.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

He'll get his turn when Norm retires in 10 years. 

norm will not retire.  he will die live on the air.

40 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

This is silly. Jake carried the HL during Super Bowl week and not just with bits.