If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

A famous midday Polack with a gambling addiction once utter the correct determination on people's motivations in these situations with "we just love to bitch". 

Continuing with this theme -- am I alone that I don't care to hear Jake's month-long recap of the Mavs' 2011 title run. Yes, I'm a Spurs fan but I love Dirk. I hated the LeBron Heat. Even considering the weird circumstances, this seems like an odd daily segment. In fact, don't they stretch it over two segments?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Continuing with this theme -- am I alone that I don't care to hear Jake's month-long recap of the Mavs' 2011 title run. Yes, I'm a Spurs fan but I love Dirk. I hated the LeBron Heat. Even considering the weird circumstances, this seems like an odd daily segment. In fact, don't they stretch it over two segments?

i've really enjoyed it - as a Mavs fan though...

i mean, it allows them to do some sports in a non-sports time

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

normally I tend to agree with you but that was a magical run, and they have to fill the time somehow with no rangers, mavs, or stars to discuss. 

Don’t know if this has been discussed here but Danny seems to really have a tough time with this transition. He’s audibly apologizing to Bob for interrupting or going over his time. There’s some amount of shit going on behind the scenes. It’s probably nothing big and will be worked out but enough to make Danny nervous. 
He also was talking about Nicklaus and Player firing off the Masters with their ceremonial shots. Someone else suggested that Bill Russell open the NBA Finals with some free throws, and Danny argued that Russell couldn’t play whereas Jack and Gary still played. W.T.F.  I was astounded at both the overall stupidity of the conversation (I don’t think Bob was participating; who the fuck cares to see Bill Russell shoot a free throw?) and Danny’s complete cluelessness. I think Bob, who has been a good sport, thinks “what the fuck is wrong with these guys?”  
Then Danny started wrapping about how many things stinky bitches could fit in their rectums and I forgave him kind of. 

Where are they logistically? Are they in studio? That could be part of it if they’re not all in the same place though I think the producer is in another room with a window to the main studio.

Don’t know if this has been discussed here but Danny seems to really have a tough time with this transition. He’s audibly apologizing to Bob for interrupting or going over his time. There’s some amount of shit going on behind the scenes. It’s probably nothing big and will be worked out but enough to make Danny nervous. 
He also was talking about Nicklaus and Player firing off the Masters with their ceremonial shots. Someone else suggested that Bill Russell open the NBA Finals with some free throws, and Danny argued that Russell couldn’t play whereas Jack and Gary still played. W.T.F.  I was astounded at both the overall stupidity of the conversation (I don’t think Bob was participating; who the fuck cares to see Bill Russell shoot a free throw?) and Danny’s complete cluelessness. I think Bob, who has been a good sport, thinks “what the fuck is wrong with these guys?”  
Then Danny started wrapping about how many things stinky bitches could fit in their rectums and I forgave him kind of. 

Where are they logistically? Are they in studio? That could be part of it if they’re not all in the same place though I think the producer is in another room with a window to the main studio.

43 minutes ago, bluto said:

Not sure who to move into that role, but losing Danny would be a positive. Maybe Monty?

I really doubt danny goes anywhere.  not day one but he's been there forever and he and corby are good buds.  it would take some kind of scandal to push him out.

GD triple post

2 hours ago, futureman said:

I really doubt danny goes anywhere.  not day one but he's been there forever and he and corby are good buds.  it would take some kind of scandal to push him out.

The most he's ever contributed is a pig story. Danny is a truckload of suck.

9 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Bob is notoriously hard on producers. I got the sense that he was going with the flow early on in the transition, but there have been a couple of moments where the lack of preparation by Danny has clearly started to grate on Bob. And I'm not sure how involved Danny is with booking guest, but there have been guys who Bob has suggested who are yet to come through in the past few weeks. 

Danny is out of his element right now. His best contributions to the show are in period comic relief, fun facts that'll take two seconds, early 80s small town hair metal angst, and a couple of halfcourt 3 pointers per show. He was at his best as a driveby contributor with an easy target like idiosyncratic sexagenarian Mike. Bob will provide plenty of similar opportunities for Danny down the road but they've got to get to know one another on air more. But Bob is going to expect more out of him than Mike did behind the scenes.

Danny got his job because he's Corby's friend, period. He thought the show was him and Corby because Mike was lackadaisical. Bob was the Iceman cometh. Stay in your lane, do your job and do it well. Danny doesn't have the chops, but he's got a friend that is the luckiest yuk monkey in radio. Corby isn't innocent in this either. He has to realize he's #2 again and quit engaging Danny instead of Bob. Party's over, pal.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

Look you magnificent bastard, I’m worried about you. You’re spouting opinions that seem to agree with that humorless fuckhead mileslong (who will predictably respond to this post with a childish middle school insult). He’s the antithesis of wit. 
What’s next?  Threatening to kill your wife like Junior Miller?  Desperately defending Dak and the Cowboys like Drew?

people thought these were pretty funny when I made them

4553591380033fe532c160ff69c1c81b.jpg

d9e198d3382c73846183b678ab11f7de.gif

Dan and Jake > Bob and Corby and should be in afternoon drive.
Starting to agree with this after initially thinking the new Hardline was the better show. I find myself listening to the Hardline less and less. Not sure what Danny's deal is, maybe he's butthurt he didn't get Bob's role but he needs to take a backseat and stop trying to be so involved.

21 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

maybe he's butthurt he didn't get Bob's role

I doubt even danny is dumb enough to think he would be considered for a host gig.

this is a pretty good discourse on the incompatibility between corby and bob and how much of a total spare danny is. 

Edited by futureman

Yeah, I'm back to only listening to the non-sports segments with 3-7. I thought Bob would improve them but it's the same half-assed opinion, scant prepartion, and bullshit contrarianism that's been plaguing the HL for a long time. Bob can't overcome Danny and Corby's shortcomings.

Danny seriously needs to shut the fuck up when it's not his segment. The stupid, crass line he tossed in yesterday when Joel Klatt was on was the biggest let the game come to you, stop down moments he's had in quite some time. Stop trying to toss out shock value lines when you don't have one of your little buddies on. If it's Rhett Miller, I could care less. When it's someone who isn't on for crap like that and can suffer professionally from being a passenger in that sort of stupid jackassery, leave your damn mic off. If I'm Bob, I'm telling him to knock that shit off. Ticket Ticker Bed is what Danny should be doing. He's their yuck monkey now. This isn't a three man show and he needs to stop trying to insert himself as the 3-7 Gordo. 

Edited by mdmost