If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Late in the show today you could really tell Danny was getting on bobs nerves. I think they might reshuffle this again soon and move dan to afternoon with bob and demote Corby to host with Jake. Jake has proven himself as a host in my opinion. Him corny and (less) Danny would be a great midday show. 

Bob and dan are a proven commodity. They can carry drive time. Danny is talking way too goddamned much and bob doesn’t appear to want to call cobra out on his nonsense like he would dan. Mostly because dan is 1000x more prepared for each show than corby is for maybe one a week. 

Bad radio drive time has needed to happen for a while. Sturm will leave if it stays this way.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Sturm will leave if it stays this way.  

I wish that were true but I don’t think anything will change.  I think they will just let the relationships adapt over time and none of the changes we want to happen will happen.  really sucks because danny is just such a radio spare. 

Corby and Jake would be too bro for me. I think Bob and Corby can work, it was pretty good at first and then Danny felt the need to assert himself and interrupt with his nonsense. Some of that could be explained with the coronavirus circumstances, people in different locations, not enough time to develop chemistry beforehand. Whatever it is, Danny needs to be put on probation and dialed back to let corby and Bob develop

Having been on both the giving and receiving end of these throughout my career, I can just about guarantee Danny got hit with one of those "you need to step it up, you've been coasting for far too long, you're on thin ice, you were close to being cut in this transition, you can either embrace this change or we'll find someone else who will" type of talks when Mike left and the final decision came down.  From just about the moment the change was made, he's swung things too far the other direction and just reeks of someone who has had the fear of god put into them and is responding by trying way too hard.

Edited by Landomatic

12 hours ago, bluto said:

The hell did he say during klatt segment??

And the issue is Danny is just insecure in general, as mentioned, tries way too hard while also being a slapdick.

"Messing with that song (The Joel Klatt intro song) would like be telling Kate Upton to get a boob job"

...dead silence...

"Right Bob?"

<Bob awkard laugh>, "Sure Man"

56 minutes ago, futureman said:

junes in scattershooting reminding us all that the ticket continues to dominate the ratings.  the fan is a sad pathetic joke and so far in the rear-view mirror that nobody even knows they’re back there.  can’t wait to see how @threesheets spins this one. 

How?  Well, I would start by pulling fake numbers out of my ass (that no one cares about enough to disprove) like they're doing.  Whenever streaming spots cost more than $10 a piece (or aren't just flat out given away as added value), then I'll start to take Junes' claims seriously.  But I haven't listened to radio in a month so wtf do I care.

6 minutes ago, threesheets said:

How?  Well, I would start by pulling fake numbers out of my ass (that no one cares about enough to disprove) like they're doing.  Whenever streaming spots cost more than $10 a piece (or aren't just flat out given away as added value), then I'll start to take Junes' claims seriously.  But I haven't listened to radio in a month so wtf do I care.

whoa, easy buddy.  we’re havin’ fun here, no?  lockdown may be getting to you. 

Man ya'll are way overreacting to this stuff with the Drive time show. 

I'm on record saying that they never should have split up BaD radio, but it's not nearly as bad as anyone thought.  Dan and Jake have been more than fine, and I'm sorry, but Hardline, even with the obvious, and expected Tension, is better than it was the last few years with Corby and Danny having Free Reign and Mike not really caring.  

Now if they want to reverse course and put Bad Radio on at Drive time, I'm ALL for it... I feel like they were wasted for just 3 hours a day in the mid day(Thank Norm), and if that means we get some crazy Jake/Corby mashup in the middle of the day fine.

I'd probably prefer Jake and Sirois though...

• Fuck You 1

I wish sean would leave.  he has no personality and anytime he talks outside of his tickers is a beating, but he has a radio voice and he can handle boring sports talk.  diamond talk isn’t bad if you want to dig into the game of baseball.  he would do really well hosting a show on a lesser network that is all sports and nothing clever. 

I wish sean would leave.  he has no personality and anytime he talks outside of his tickers is a beating, but he has a radio voice and he can handle boring sports talk.  diamond talk isn’t bad if you want to dig into the game of baseball.  he would do really well hosting a show on a lesser network that is all sports and nothing clever. 

He’s a tool. That’s mostly the problem. On a show with Gordon, Jub Jub and June’s, be doesn’t need to say a single word outside of his Tickers.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:56 PM, NOMAAA said:

Episode one right off the top is a prime example why dan is the best host the ticket has right now.  Bob is number 2.  It’s sad they split them up.  

i'm not sure if Dan is #1, but he's easily the best co-host.  he can work with any of the other hosts and turn out solid content.  

the chemistry on noon to 3 is so far ahead of 3 to 7 it's not even funny.  during quarantine, i listen to Dan/Jake more than Bob/Corby.  it's clear that Dan/Jake/Julie/Mino/Blake all get along and know their roles, and all contribute.  Bob/Corby/Danny/Mino/Ty is just not clicking.

Danny can be useful during baseball season.  that's his favorite sport.  he watched the games and is knowledgeable.  that would be his time to shine.  unfortunately, because of COVID-19, there ain't gonna be no baseball for a while.  so he's forcing the issue now with getting air time.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:25 PM, NOMAAA said:

The p1podcast is fantastic.  Give it a follow on Spotify. 

can you give us the actual name? not seeing it in my podcast app or when i search spotify for p1 podcast...

edit: finally found it, "ticket p1 podcast"

here is a non spotify link: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/ticket-p1-podcast-doug-QqSAagY6Doc/

Edited by NoName

19 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

the chemistry on noon to 3 is so far ahead of 3 to 7 it's not even funny.  during quarantine, i listen to Dan/Jake more than Bob/Corby.  it's clear that Dan/Jake/Julie/Mino/Blake all get along and know their roles, and all contribute.  Bob/Corby/Danny/Mino/Ty is just not clicking.

well, to be fair Dan/Jake/Julie/Mino had how many years of working together every day...while Bob + Corby/Danny/Ty have how few?

On 4/20/2020 at 7:39 AM, NoName said:

well, to be fair Dan/Jake/Julie/Mino had how many years of working together every day...while Bob + Corby/Danny/Ty have how few?

true dat.  but Dan is so amiable that he treats Jake as an equal and really makes an effort to connect with Julie and Mino and now Blake.  i'm not hearing Bob trying to forge any chemistry with the others.  it's like he has an extra hour to hear himself talk.

sounds like Cumulus is furloughing employees.  Julie is "on vacation."  that's code for furlough.  Sean is not on either.

it's clear we're going to be beaten over the head with the Jordan doc like we were with Tiger King.  those are gonna be tune out sessions for me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

true dat.  but Dan is so amiable that he treats Jake as an equal and really makes an effort to connect with Julie and Mino and now Blake.  i'm not hearing Bob trying to forge any chemistry with the others.  it's like he has an extra hour to hear himself talk.

sounds like Cumulus is furloughing employees.  Julie is "on vacation."  that's code for furlough.  Sean is not on either.

it's clear we're going to be beaten over the head with the Jordan doc like we were with Tiger King.  those are gonna be tune out sessions for me.

Yeah, interesting point on Sean. He's got additional duties at the station like he might assistant program director or something to Cat. Interesting that Ryan is doing Tickers in the morning.

I haven't heard Fernando's voice in weeks -- I assume he's still producing the Musers, right? Have I just missed him?

1 minute ago, futureman said:

ad dollars drying up?  I would guess the ticket is getting more listeners now than ever. 

I sort of wonder I don't drive places so don't listen near as much as was never a stream at work guy (too many calls etc to be on). Gotta be others in my boat.  People who listened to it at work because they could just keep listening at work

7 hours ago, futureman said:

ad dollars drying up?  I would guess the ticket is getting more listeners now than ever. 

edit: well, I guess without the commute maybe not.  but they still have to be putting up good numbers. 

If you're closed, why run ads?