If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, NateHitch said:

She was exposed to someone that had it and quarantined herself at a hotel for 2 weeks. That's her story and she's sticking to it.

If I had to live with Blake that would be my story, too. 

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

I know what I've really been missing during this pandemic was the wit and wisdom of Brad Thomasth. 

I've always wondered about that guy.  Wtf is his story?  His little snippets (that have no sponsor if I remember correctly) point out the most obvious shit- shit we've all been aware of forever.  And I've never heard anyone on the Ticket make fun of him (because he's paying a bunch of money for spots that don't promote anything?).   It's all very confusing.

2 hours ago, threesheets said:

I've always wondered about that guy.  Wtf is his story?  His little snippets (that have no sponsor if I remember correctly) point out the most obvious shit- shit we've all been aware of forever.  And I've never heard anyone on the Ticket make fun of him (because he's paying a bunch of money for spots that don't promote anything?).   It's all very confusing.

what are his ads again?  I only listen on the app and just skip over all ads and traffic and tickers; only listen to segments.  if I run out of delay I just don't listen for an hour.

what are his ads again?  I only listen on the app and just skip over all ads and traffic and tickers; only listen to segments.  if I run out of delay I just don't listen for an hour.
He's the acme brick sports biz douche. His spot consists of a low energy Troy Aikman talking about bricks for a few seconds and then Brad Thomas proceeds to yell about minor league baseball losing revenue due to the covids or some random shit about high school football players. I guess he wants to be a sports broadcaster but sucks at it so he has to pay to be allowed to spew his bullshit. Not sure what his affiliation to acme brick is
  • Like 2

Brad Thomas by Brad Thomas.....(from the DMN IN 2010). Apparently he has since been reinvolved with SMU among other things.  

And now you know....the rest of the story

Here's my story. I was the first sports promotion director in the old Southwest Conference in 1978 and, along with others, developed the Mustang Mania promotional campaign that catapulted SMU's return to national prominence and literally revolutionized the collegiate marketing landscape. Other schools clamored for our help and offered handsome consulting fees, which we gladly accepted. You feel like you've arrived when, in your early 20s, you're hardly shaving while being touted as a marketing guru and seeing and hearing your name in the media all across the country.

Even though I was proclaimed the "Mastermind of Mania" by a Dallas journalist, I was eased out after five years at SMU by an athletic director with a different philosophy. How dare him, I thought at the time - I'll show him. As a result, a partner and I started a sports marketing company and, for 14 years, created and managed all types of sporting events all over the country. Add bringing the first-ever NHL game to Dallas, which ultimately led to the Stars relocating here, to your SMU credentials and, put simply, I awaited enshrinement into some sort of hall of fame.

Eventually, I grew tired of the never-ending risk of sometimes winning, sometimes losing (money, that is) inherent in that business, so I entered the commercial real estate business. I learned a lot, honed my skills and immensely enjoyed my time at several great companies - most notably, the retail division of The Staubach Co. But I never totally turned the corner in terms of career satisfaction or monetary gain.

A handful of guys who I had started with in the sports business had stayed the course, appeared to be successful and satisfied, and left me in their wake. As I brainstormed and networked with trusted friends and sports contacts, I was warmly welcomed back. I was recently hired by Learfield Sports, a collegiate marketing and media company. I am honored and humbled by their belief in me and my new opportunity to start over.

In this economic climate, I hope to prove that dead-ends can become U-turns. Very few of us live at the corner of Easy Street and Got It Made Boulevard. Your main-street dream job can arise out of a nightmare on Elm. It may take a different form, but if you're steadfast in building and maintaining relationships and treat all with kindness and respect, it does come back, sometimes more than you could ever imagine. That athletic director at SMU who eased me out in 1983 remained a respected friend and made a crucial phone call on my behalf to an executive at Learfield.

It's never too late to start over. Resolve to never again be a clock-watcher. Some or all of the brass ring is available to anyone who ventures out and takes a risk and tries to grab it. Very few do. Be one who does.

8 hours ago, threesheets said:

I have a vague recollection that he was an early ad buyer. Mike mentioned it in his defense. 

I'm sure they're glad to take his money to allow him to pontificate. 

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Brad Thomas by Brad Thomas.....(from the DMN IN 2010). Apparently he has since been reinvolved with SMU among other things.  

And now you know....the rest of the story

I started to translate that but decided it wouldn't be Christian of me.

I like jake but it pisses me off that he doesn’t put out those run sheets.  before 10am is the only time I listen blindly to whatever is on the station.  usually skip norm and d and then I would always look at the run sheet and decide when I need to have my radio tuned in to bad radio when sturm was still doing it.   bob is far from my favorite ticket personality but he is a fucking pro and always posts his run sheets.  jake needs to grow the fuck up. 

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Late night Ticket is on. 

I made it on open lines but the board op screwed up. They couldn't hear me or the 2 calls before me. Was gonna ask Dan about his daughter and band camp.

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This is exactly where I picture Drew living. Or Desoto. 

You are as wrong on Jake as you are on Mike White. In other words, I love you futureman, but I’ve decided to use your mouth as a toilet. 

You know how I know you've never been to Duncanville/Desoto?  JFC.  Drew lives in the sunny south Dallas burbs? No.

And Jake is awesome.  If y'all were listening to body count talk tonight he owned the shit outta that. 

Edited by threesheets

44 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Hell yeah, the return of Dutch.

dutch is a hack and he sucks.  

thought it was funny that when fake brad thomas called in to vote on the e-brake they immediately shut that down.  something odd going on there. 

15 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This is exactly where I picture Drew living. Or Desoto. 

You are as wrong on Jake as you are on Mike White. In other words, I love you futureman, but I’ve decided to use your mouth as a toilet. 

11 hours ago, threesheets said:

You know how I know you've never been to Duncanville/Desoto?  JFC.  Drew lives in the sunny south Dallas burbs? No.

And Jake is awesome.  If y'all were listening to body count talk tonight he owned the shit outta that. 

Not sure why I got thrown in here, but I grew up in South, Southeast Dallas and SOUTH of Dallas mostly.  Pleasant Grove, Balch Springs area for a majority of my formative years...My first home was Oak Cliff.  Spent a lot of my time in Desoto, Lancaster, Red Oak, and Waxahachie.  Highschool in Central Texas.

I had family in Duncanville for a time, but NO, I did not live in Duncanville.  Not sure what the fuck I'm being thrown in here for.

Also, there is nothing wrong with Jake, and futureman would need to see a damned run list if he was fucking listening to the Ticket all day.