Survivor: Edge of Extinction

Chuckie Finster

I watched the first season. This show is reality drama bs. You want to watch a survival show, Naked and Afraid is about 10,000 times better.

We don’t watch it for the survival. We watch it for the reality drama bs. You are now excused to leave our thread.

Good day Sir.

LOL.  Some of y'all thought the annoying chicken lover was cute.  F that.  Batshit crazy and whiny ruins cute almost every time.

To me, last night's episode was just really annoying.

• Reem or Skeet or whatever her name was, whining about having to climb some steps for food.
  • Of course Aubry finds an idol when it appears as if she may be on the outs.  Then she cries about it.  Ugh.
  • Hot redhead getting no air time.
  • The whole chicken drama.  I can't believe someone that's not a vegetarian back home would throw such a fit.  I have vegetarians in my family.  They would NEVER throw the kind of fit she threw.  Probably my biggest pet peeve is when folks try to tell others what to do, how to think, etc... I'd say the same thing if Wardog tried to force everyone to pick up a spear and hunt in a pack.  Don't force others under your warped sense of morality.
  • The vote was stupid.  Great.  Vote out the one of guys that is actually pulling his/her weight.
  • Chris' whiny rant at the end about getting revenge.

9 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

LOL.  Some of y'all thought the annoying chicken lover was cute.  F that.  Batshit crazy and whiny ruins cute almost every time.

To me, last night's episode was just really annoying.

• Reem or Skeet or whatever her name was, whining about having to climb some steps for food.
  • Of course Aubry finds an idol when it appears as if she may be on the outs.  Then she cries about it.  Ugh.
  • Hot redhead getting no air time.
  • The whole chicken drama.  I can't believe someone that's not a vegetarian back home would throw such a fit.  I have vegetarians in my family.  They would NEVER throw the kind of fit she threw.  Probably my biggest pet peeve is when folks try to tell others what to do, how to think, etc... I'd say the same thing if Wardog tried to force everyone to pick up a spear and hunt in a pack.  Don't force others under your warped sense of morality.
  • The vote was stupid.  Great.  Vote out the one of guys that is actually pulling his/her weight.
  • Chris' whiny rant at the end about getting revenge.

rheem is definitely a negative vibe.  when you're trying to stay positive, and survive, the last thing you need is someone around you constantly saying "this sucks!"

we are in agreement on who needs to go home next.  the gimpy fake vegetarian.  chris and kelly are strong players and would have stayed loyal to the tribe after the merge.  that fake vegetarian chick is voting on her own anyway.   

to in some way defend her, wouldn't it be smarter to keep the chickens around for the eggs?  a chicken will not exactly feed 6 people.  it may give them a little needed protein, but it's not much spread that thin, and will only leave them wanting more.  

Yeah.  Kill the rooster before the next big immunity challenge.  I think that was their idea.  

I'll never understand why it is so hard to catch a fish on a Pacific island.  Fuck's sake, the Polynesians didn't have Bass Pro Shops and fancy carbonite spears and, yet, they somehow figured it out.  Why not study the ways of the locals that have been doing it for centuries and figure out the effing fish situation before you get stranded on an island for 30-something days?

Why the hell didn't they use the net they had to catch a chicken?

4 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Four people on edge of extinction island.  Wonder what the mechanism will be for one or more to get back into the game.

I posted with spoiler on the 1st page of this thread how it will work.

I'd watch a show with just Lauren running and climbing around in those shorts.  

It's going to be interesting to see the reaction if and when Joe gets voted off, and whether he has an opportunity to come back from extinction and get back in the game.  Lots of folks out there on the interweb believe the origin of this theme is a derivative of the producers' desire to keep Joe in it to win it as long as possible.  To that end, SPOILER below.

Spoiler

I've read the spoiler from page one, and I hope that's not how it shakes out.  I want to see a redemption island style free for all, with one or more coming back into the game.  If I stayed out there on Extinction Island for what turned out to be just an opportunity to be on a 15-person jury, I'd be pissed off.

8 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

I'd watch a show with just Lauren running and climbing around in those shorts.  

It's going to be interesting to see the reaction if and when Joe gets voted off, and whether he has an opportunity to come back from extinction and get back in the game.  Lots of folks out there on the interweb believe the origin of this theme is a derivative of the producers' desire to keep Joe in it to win it as long as possible.  To that end, SPOILER below.

Reveal hidden contents

I've read the spoiler from page one, and I hope that's not how it shakes out.  I want to see a redemption island style free for all, with one or more coming back into the game.  If I stayed out there on Extinction Island for what turned out to be just an opportunity to be on a 15-person jury, I'd be pissed off.

Reread again- 

Spoiler

"Those on "extinction island" will have two shots to get back in the game. One at the merge and one at the end of the game. I assume that will occur before we get to the final Tribal but who knows. I also assume the merge will occur before the first jury member is to be revealed as those left in the game I assume would wonder why jury members weren't at tribal council. And is everybody that doesn't quit going to come to every tribal since they would technically be on the jury if they don't ever quit. 

I'm sure it will play out but just too many unanswered questions on how everything will work right now. 

6 hours ago, WBT said:

Lulz at that meathead calling himself Wardog and having to sub out to let a girl throw for him

Agree. I actually can’t tell if he is really much better of an athlete than David. He and the younger woman are definitely stronger than David but wardog doesn’t look to get anything done at the challenges.

3 hours ago, idigTexas said:

I was sorry to see Aubry getting played like that, but glad to see that Victoria is in it to win it.  Was not at all sorry to see Wendy go.  I'm hoping she and Kieth get lost on Extinction Island until the end of the season.

For some reason I've had a tough time finding people to root for this year, but Victoria is now someone I want to see go far.  Great episode for her.

It is obvious that Wardog never played stick and ball sports growing up, despite the fact that he displays his fandom of the Mets and Nets with his tattoos.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a more effete man than David.

Edited by Lat22

Is Wendy the worst Survivor player ever?  I understand that some people come in too hot or are such assholes that they have no shot at winning, but I cannot remember a player like her ever being on the show.  People were literally asking her if she wanted to play Survivor and handing her alliances on silver platters and all she could do was smile and giggle and never gave them a straight answer.  I enjoyed her on the show, but she was driving me crazy with her complete unwillingness to actually play the game she signed up for.  Did I miss some secret genius plan she was working?  

39 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Is Wendy the worst Survivor player ever?  I understand that some people come in too hot or are such assholes that they have no shot at winning, but I cannot remember a player like her ever being on the show.  People were literally asking her if she wanted to play Survivor and handing her alliances on silver platters and all she could do was smile and giggle and never gave them a straight answer.  I enjoyed her on the show, but she was driving me crazy with her complete unwillingness to actually play the game she signed up for.  Did I miss some secret genius plan she was working?  

I don't know about "worst," but she is definitely one of the oddest.  I do not think she was acting or in any way disguising some super Mensa strategy.  I think either the people who vet the contestants screwed up, or they decided having someone like her would create some good moments.  She has a very odd personality, for sure, like a socially awkward extrovert, which makes no sense.  I almost think there is something clinical or pathological going on there. 

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks

30 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I don't know about "worst," but she is definitely one of the oddest.  I do not think she was acting or in any way disguising some super Mensa strategy.  I think either the people who vet the contestants screwed up, or they decided having someone like her would create some good moments.  She has a very odd personality, for sure, like a socially awkward extrovert, which makes no sense.  I almost think there is something clinical or pathological going on there. 

She has Tourette's for one thing, so there is definitely something clinical and pathological going on there.   I can't think of anyone worse than her at the game.  Letting the chickens out and not hiding the fact that you did it is one of the worst moves ever.  But refusing to even play the game puts her over the top.  It was like she was on vacation and the game was a call from work that she didn't want to deal with.  

55 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

She has Tourette's for one thing, so there is definitely something clinical and pathological going on there.   I can't think of anyone worse than her at the game.  Letting the chickens out and not hiding the fact that you did it is one of the worst moves ever.  But refusing to even play the game puts her over the top.  It was like she was on vacation and the game was a call from work that she didn't want to deal with.  

I had completely forgotten about the Tourette's.  There have a few over the years who have valued the experience over winning, but Wendy did make it sound like she had a strategy, so I don't think you can put her in that category.  If she actually was trying to win, then I can't really argue against her being the worst ever, at least not without going back and looking at some old seasons. 

I had completely forgotten about the Tourette's.  There have a few over the years who have valued the experience over winning, but Wendy did make it sound like she had a strategy, so I don't think you can put her in that category.  If she actually was trying to win, then I can't really argue against her being the worst ever, at least not without going back and looking at some old seasons. 

I would have to disagree. If she actually had a strategy to win, that seems like proof that she’s the worst player ever. What could they strategy possibly be? Make no alliances? Turn down every life line thrown your way? Release the chickens? Until I hear an alternative, she has my vote for worst player ever.

Watch her cone back from E of E and win this thing.

52 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I would have to disagree. If she actually had a strategy to win, that seems like proof that she’s the worst player ever. What could they strategy possibly be? Make no alliances? Turn down every life line thrown your way? Release the chickens? Until I hear an alternative, she has my vote for worst player ever.

Watch her cone back from E of E and win this thing.

I'm not sure what you disagree with, since we are saying the same thing.

21 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

this season is interesting in the high number of worst survivor players ever.  rheeme?  she's a shitshow.  aubrey?  damn, she totally misread everything going on with her tribe.  no clue, no vibe, no spidey senses.  had an idol and an advantage and wasted them.  that was an epic fail.  but yeah, wendy was not even playing as far as i can tell.  no social game, no strategy, no bonds, friendships, or alliances.  and to be so happy she was voted out was an odd reaction.  i think she is mentally handicapped.

2 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

this season is interesting in the high number of worst survivor players ever.  rheeme?  she's a shitshow.  aubrey?  damn, she totally misread everything going on with her tribe.  no clue, no vibe, no spidey senses.  had an idol and an advantage and wasted them.  that was an epic fail.  but yeah, wendy was not even playing as far as i can tell.  no social game, no strategy, no bonds, friendships, or alliances.  and to be so happy she was voted out was an odd reaction.  i think she is mentally handicapped.

I feel a little less ashamed knowing it wasn't just me that had that impression. 

2 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Aubrey on the list of worst Survivor players ever?  Haha, really?  She went very deep twice previously.  Yes she completely misread what was going on this time but let's tap the brakes a little bit there.

2 hours ago, Bosco said:

Aubrey on the list of worst Survivor players ever?  Haha, really?  She went very deep twice previously.  Yes she completely misread what was going on this time but let's tap the brakes a little bit there.

i liked her before but this season she was super dumb.  did you see that montage they did of all the clips of her going around to every single tribemate saying you "i want to work with you. you remind me of me".  she said those exact same sentences to at least 5 people.  nauseating and super stupid. they all knew it too from the get go.  she tried too hard this season.  her success in the past may have been because she kept a low profile and stayed out of the fray.

I haven’t really been paying much attention to he personalities this year. I just watched the last episode and I’m wondering if anyone knows why that pudgy fellow was on the Exile Island beach gathering wood in f’ing slacks, dress shirt, and tie? Is he wearing that shit to honor the Men’s Warehouse or something? That shit is crazier than Richard going full monte in season one.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:09 AM, kevwun said:

People who never learned how to throw a ball always blow my mind.  How does that happen?

This. It's one thing to not be able to throw well or accurate but he couldn't even get it to the target 10 feet in front of him. He also was a massive idiot on the ball through the hoop challenge.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:15 PM, Texas_Rocks said:

I haven’t really been paying much attention to he personalities this year. I just watched the last episode and I’m wondering if anyone knows why that pudgy fellow was on the Exile Island beach gathering wood in f’ing slacks, dress shirt, and tie? Is he wearing that shit to honor the Men’s Warehouse or something? That shit is crazier than Richard going full monte in season one.

He's a local TV news anchor. I'm guessing the producers had something to do with him being in dress clothes to remind their stupid audience what his real job was. 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:45 AM, thrillhammer said:

I don't think she is mentally handicapped. But she is 100% on the spectrum and has tourettes.  

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yeah, there’s a blond I’m not sure I’ve ever seen before, her ass was sticking out of her bikini while on the plank. Was it Aurora?

Yes.

It has to be demoralizing for the 3 Extinction Islanders to so see Joe show up in the boat.  That will make it all the more difficult to get back into the game.  I've been disappointed with the game play of the returning players overall.  Every one of them seems completely out of touch with what was really happening on their tribes.  I think for most of them, that was the case during their other seasons as well, so I guess I should have expected it.  The social game is tough, especially if you come in with a target already on your back.   

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Did a few contestants speak on camera for the first time this season? Amazing that some of them were in tribal council for the first time AFTER the merge.

2 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Yes.

It has to be demoralizing for the 3 Extinction Islanders to so see Joe show up in the boat.  That will make it all the more difficult to get back into the game.  I've been disappointed with the game play of the returning players overall.  Every one of them seems completely out of touch with what was really happening on their tribes.  I think for most of them, that was the case during their other seasons as well, so I guess I should have expected it.  The social game is tough, especially if you come in with a target already on your back.   

What's funny to me is it's day 19 and they are speaking for the first time on camera. There isn't a shot in hell of them winning unless they start to get some serious screen time moving forward. 

Granted it's because they have been at Tribal so much but Lauren and Wentworth (especially) have the "best" edit so far. Not sure either wins but I don't see both of them going home anytime soon or if they do I could see one of them winning the last chance to get back in the game. 

As far as the returning players, all the new players have seen past seasons and know the longer you keep them around the more dangerous they become. Getting Joe out last night was the right move but based on the previews the core 6 is going to start splitting as human nature is going to take over and one of them is going to start getting on the nerves of the other players in their alliance. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

What's funny to me is it's day 19 and they are speaking for the first time on camera. There isn't a shot in hell of them winning unless they start to get some serious screen time moving forward. 

Granted it's because they have been at Tribal so much but Lauren and Wentworth (especially) have the "best" edit so far. Not sure either wins but I don't see both of them going home anytime soon or if they do I could see one of them winning the last chance to get back in the game. 

As far as the returning players, all the new players have seen past seasons and know the longer you keep them around the more dangerous they become. Getting Joe out last night was the right move but based on the previews the core 6 is going to start splitting as human nature is going to take over and one of them is going to start getting on the nerves of the other players in their alliance.

I totally agree about Lauren and Wentworth.  I actually think Aubry's edit has been favorable as well, though all of the returnees have had that to some extent, so it may be more tied to that.  If I were forced to name three people right now who are most likely to make it to final tribal based solely on editing, I think I would go with Victoria, Wentworth, and Ron.   

7 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I totally agree about Lauren and Wentworth.  I actually think Aubry's edit has been favorable as well, though all of the returnees have had that to some extent, so it may be more tied to that.  If I were forced to name three people right now who are most likely to make it to final tribal based solely on editing, I think I would go with Victoria, Wentworth, and Ron.   

Not bad picks. The returning players kind of throw a wrench into the edits a bit as they tend to get more screen time early on because they are known to the audience. But on the flip side aside from last night Joe had next to no screen time outside of challenges. 

Victoria is a stone cold lying bitch.  I cant believe how good she is at it.  kind of scary actually.  backstabbing is the norm and expected on this show, but she looks you straight in the eye and reassures you you're fine and aren't getting voted out tonight.  she's becoming the queen of conning people into not playing their idols.

the gay dude is flying under the radar, and must have more pull than we've thought thus far.  wentworth and two other girls were strong for devens,  some others were strong for wentworth, but the gay dude was strong for joe and he won out over some pretty authoritative figures.  will be interesting to see if he is actually calling the shots.

It wasn't smart but I don't think there's anything Joe can do aside from find idols and play them every time he doesn't win. Everyone knew they had to try to get him out when he didn't win. He's a known commodity. He'll beat your ass in challenges and get you voted off by your own alliance if you keep him any longer than absolutely necessary. He had a pretty good tribe, but there's a reason everyone that's been with him in challenges just saw their first tribal. It would've been nice to see him try some cutthroat move that really fucked someone over but that's just never gonna happen, and its why I don't think he could win a season without a twist like edge of extinction.

Also, lol at keith and wendy almost immediately leaving the castoff loser island. Very fitting end for those 2. I just hope we never have to see them again.