2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Dumb question - how do you buy tickets for the Torchys Party Deck? When going online I don’t see an option to buy them.

Dumb follow up question - is that area generally more “friendly” for a 1.5 year old? Looks like there are tables and whatnot where he could walk around a little easier than in a typical section of the stadium. Is the general concourse close? Taking a child to a sporting event is annoying, so trying to make it the least annoying possible

20 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Might as well just DFA White and bring up Tucker. Tucker is sucking in AAA, but might as well let him do it with the big club

Tucker started out badly, but he’s hitting .345 in May. In the last month, he’s hitting .338 with 9 HRs. 

30 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Tucker started out badly, but he’s hitting .345 in May. In the last month, he’s hitting .338 with 9 HRs. 

Great to know. Even more reason to dump White and bring him up. He's been so good at every level except the majors, including AAA last year. Glad to see things are going on the right direction.

I don't mind losing one game out of every ten or dozen. I particularly don't mind only barely losing a game where last year's WS champ had to bring out their star pitcher while we went in without one of our best players and lost another one.

What I mind is that "lost another one" bit. Get well soon, George, and don't rush the rehab.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

so what's the latest on springer, altuve, and diaz?

what are the twitters saying?

Springer - back tightness not playing today....had been working through it the past few games( as I mentioned I am pretty sure it happened 1st AB Friday....and couldn't get loose yesterday at all)

Altuve - Can come off DL tomorrow but will have a minor league rehab.  Ran some on Saturday.  

Diaz - Probably comes back tomorrow or Wed.  Will reevaluate after today's workout

I don’t really understand rehab assignments if the time missed is relatively short. Someone enlighten me.

Define relatively short

Altuve is eligible to come off IL tomorrow but he’s not ready and will likely be a full two weeks before facing live competition

I’d rather him knock off the rust, and more importantly, make sure he’s 100% against Rangers AAA pitching (not to be confused with the AAA team in our division) than against the defending World champs

it could also be a literal 2 day assignment.  it's not like he has to spend a week down there.

they need him in game action to see how his body reacts.

if you send someone back down, bring tuve up, and he aggravates his injury in the 1st inning, then you're kinda fucked.

Listening to Palehose announcers:  Giving anything to this Astros club is not a grand idea, especially considering how much they do on their own.

LOlz.

Edited by slorch