2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Interesting that Osuna was in there with a 4 run lead. That means he won't be available tomorrow. I guess Hinch wanted to win the series tonight, and with Sale going tomorrow maybe he figured there may not be a save to get. Another good win. 

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Interesting that Osuna was in there with a 4 run lead. That means he won't be available tomorrow. I guess Hinch wanted to win the series tonight, and with Sale going tomorrow maybe he figured there may not be a save to get. Another good win. 

If there's a save situation, it's Ryan ImPressly time!

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

he has other arms that can close it out tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Osuna is bored. we have 2, 3 guys who can close tomorrow. Pressley  rawdog and harris

I would have rather used them tonight with the 4 run lead. You can still bring him in if needed. 

Disagree
We putzed around and blew way too many other changes to put the game out of reach.
Baseball gods would not have looked kindly if someone else came out in the 9th, put 2 runners on with no outs and then turning to Osuna

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Disagree
We putzed around and blew way too many other changes to put the game out of reach.
Baseball gods would not have looked kindly if someone else came out in the 9th, put 2 runners on with no outs and then turning to Osuna

Good point... and it's much more fun having the discussion and worrying about how we're going to get the sweep

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Disagree

Not y'all, but remember when dildos were calling him "lose-now"?

That aged poorly 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

maybe you didn't to the fox broadcast tonight, Sale is all but unbeatable !!!!!!

No actually I didn't. I keep most of the national sports broadcasts on mute except if it's Jeff Van Gundy. My ridiculous wish is that he would color commentate an Astros game (he's a big fan).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Where's @henrygandorf with my record update over the last xxx games? 

thru our 12 game stretch of beatable teams, we went 11-1.

thru our upcoming "guantlet" (@bos/cws/bos/chc) we have 13 games, 9 vs top teams, 10/13 at home. 

so far we're 2-0.

we started the season 2-5.  since then we're 29-10.

we have had two 10 game winning streaks and it's may 18th.

and we kinda played like shit tonight.  i would guess we had the fewest amount of strikeouts our staff will throw in a game all season (3).

we also left a ton of guys on base.

let's go.

• Like 2