2020 House election thread

cactusflinthead

21 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

It will become a big story if McCready were to win. More congressional GOP would view it as a very bad sign for next year and retire. GOP fund raising would probably take a hit as well. They need this race 100x more then democrats do. That’s why it would be so freaking sweet if McCready wins.

If it’s less than a 3 point victory for the GOP, it’s a huge warning.

if the GOP actually loses its cataclysmic and more evidence that the suburbs are going blue.

9 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

If it’s less than a 3 point victory for the GOP, it’s a huge warning.

if the GOP actually loses its cataclysmic and more evidence that the suburbs are going blue.

It begs the question.

we all know the GOP are a bunch of spineless and gutless turds who care about getting re-elected more than they care about this country. If they lose here, do you think they will feel pressure to pass some kind of gun control? 

Id rather them not pass anything and lose bigger in 2020. Any solution the GOP comes up with won’t be effective, it would probably be a bill to make it look like they’re doing something without actually doing something.

6 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

It begs the question.

we all know the GOP are a bunch of spineless and gutless turds who care about getting re-elected more than they care about this country. If they lose here, do you think they will feel pressure to pass some kind of gun control? 

Id rather them not pass anything and lose bigger in 2020. Any solution the GOP comes up with won’t be effective, it would probably be a bill to make it look like they’re doing something without actually doing something.

They’re dead, Jim.  GOP can’t sit by while the suburbs revolt.  And you can’t pass GOP gun control and expect any sort of voter enthusiasm.  

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

They’re dead, Jim.  GOP can’t sit by while the suburbs revolt.  And you can’t pass GOP gun control and expect any sort of voter enthusiasm.  

I think that's the punchline.  They're really caught in a Catch-22.

Guns used to be a great wedge issue for them to use against the Democrats.  But the worm has turned.

So NC 09 is a swing district now?

You're sure about that Steve? You're not tamping down expectations after y'all spent 6 million?

Right.

President Donald Trump carried this district by 12 points in 2016, but Republican outside groups have spent more than $6 million on the race, which Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales rates Toss-up.

“You know, the Bishop district is a very tough swing district,” GOP Whip Steve Scalise told reporters Tuesday. 

https://www.rollcall.com/news/campaigns/gop-leadership-lowers-expectations-north-carolina-special-election

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Scott Walker is a loser. I really hate that guy.  He is a huge huge advocate of partisan gerrymandering and Wisconsin GOP are some of the nastiest people you will ever find anywhere. They win elections with 45% of the vote ( or less) because of the heavily gerrymandered map and have a massive chip their shoulder while doing it.

You ain't kidding about the Wisconsin GOP. They are vile, anti-democratic fucks. It's a damn tragedy how much power they've managed to steal against the will of the people; Wisconsin used to be the Laboratory of Democracy.

12 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

You ain't kidding about the Wisconsin GOP. They are vile, anti-democratic fucks. It's a damn tragedy how much power they've managed to steal against the will of the people; Wisconsin used to be the Laboratory of Democracy.

Wisky and NC GOP are 2 of the most corrupt by far. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

At the national level, Things are looking better in Wisconsin with Walker out and Ryan retired. At the same time, some people say that Wisconsin is trending red. I think trump winning Wisconsin in 2016 was a fluke and it’s still a purplish maybe even very slightly tilt blue state. The state legislature and statewide politics is a problem tho. How are the democrats ever going to get back in there if the repubs keep winning the most seats with less votes because of hardcore gerrymandering? Is it a self perpetuating cycle of losing for democrats?

Edited by Voldemort86

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

50.5% McCready; 49% Bishop w/ 0% reporting. Must be early votes only.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/live-results-north-carolinas-special-election

. . . and I think those are good numbers for McCready.  I just don't know how Election Day votes normally turn out in North Carolina.

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

. . . and I think those are good numbers for McCready.  I just don't know how Election Day votes normally turn out in North Carolina.

In 2018 it was 54-46 or thereabouts. Looks like McCready won early and absentee by 9. 

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Am I missing something or is Mecklenburg coming in late a bad sign for Bishop with Union counted?

McCready can’t stop the bleeding elsewhere. He’s mostly underperforming where he was winning in 18

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Between the rally on Monday and the belief that the GOP pretty much cheats regardless of whether they get caught, it would take a lightning bolt from God and the Church Lady both for McCready to win.

And again, did any of our top 2020ers show up for McCready? 

Another 6-8 point overperformance. But when the GOP/Trump can narrow in on one race instead of 435, they pull it off. 

Edited by Js1