The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

20 minutes ago, DougO said:

I've been going through some of my early concert photos taken with my first Nikon DSLR. This is from the Austin Music Hall in the mid 00s, very popular band in the 90s. Can anyone guess who this is or the band?

amh04.jpg

hetfield?  trying to decide if Metallica would have been playing that venue

20 minutes ago, DougO said:

I've been going through some of my early concert photos taken with my first Nikon DSLR. This is from the Austin Music Hall in the mid 00s, very popular band in the 90s. Can anyone guess who this is or the band?

amh04.jpg

Wild guess -- Dimebag?  He died in '04 though.

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

hetfield?  trying to decide if Metallica would have been playing that venue

Nope, but good try. I have never been to a Metallica show.

Did the AMH ever relocate like they said they hoped to do someday?

21 hours ago, DougO said:

amh04.jpg

I'll play.  Indigo Girls. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

...found your work...got skillz

Thanks! I haven't updated the old site much the past several years and I'm thinking about "remastering" a whole bunch of the older stuff for viewing on more modern screens.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Deej said:

https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/gibson-firebird-x-destruction-video/

The video was taken by a former Gibson employee named BJ Wilkes, who revealed details about the clip in an interview with YouTuber The Guitologist. Wilkes explained that the footage was shot during the “post-Henry” era, when Gibson’s new investors “were trying to clean up the mess before the end of the fiscal year. […] Gibson literally could not sell these guitars and they were on the books.”

While it is unclear if there is anything truly nefarious about the massacre, Gibson has responded with a statement: “The Firebird X destruction video that surfaced months ago was an isolated batch of Firebird X models built in 2009-2011 which were unsalvageable and damaged with unsafe components. This isolated group of Firebird X models were unable to be donated for any purpose and were destroyed accordingly.”

Holy shit.  That is that cutie from The Goodbye Girls.  And good lord, I would need 5 right hands to keep up with that pace.  She did that effortlessly.  

I always loved this version of "Gentle On My Mind"  I first heard about her from an interview with Buddy Miller.

Edited by hullabelew