The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

And actually not that one. Got sold out from under me while I was dicking around. Got one with the same weight, but more flame on the top. Got a good deal from Sweetwater, since they know I spend. Pics tomorrow.

Gonna sell off some gear to pay for it.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 3

Awesome Deej.  Can't wait to see it come in.

Where's our new bass player at?  I have one of these, but if I didn't, dang...

original 1973 Fender Precision Bass Natural CLEAN!!! complete with HANG TAGS!!!

yzzxectzfbohss0bjhap.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/27136818-original-1973-fender-precision-bass-natural-clean-complete-with-hang-tags

• Like 3

It will be here Friday. 2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's, in the bourbon burst. Way too much (north of $2k), but since I had paid down my Sweetwater bill to nothing, I figured what the hell. I'm used to paying that thing. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

Specs on the 60's Standard:

Mahogany body, figured maple top; gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish

Mahogany neck, SlimTaper profile, gloss nitro finish

Rosewood fingerboard, 12" radius, acrylic trapezoid inlays

Plek fret treatment 

24.75" scale length; 22 medium jumbo frets

Bridge pickup: Burstbucker 61T humbucker

Neck pickup: Burstbucker 61R humbucker

Handwired electronics with Orange Drop capacitors

3-way pickup selector; per-pickup volume and tone controls

ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge; stopbar tailpiece

1.695" Graph Tech nut (proprietary Gibson formula)

Grover Rotomatic tuning machines

Single-action truss rod

10 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Awesome Deej.  Can't wait to see it come in.

Where's our new bass player at?  I have one of these, but if I didn't, dang...

yzzxectzfbohss0bjhap.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/27136818-original-1973-fender-precision-bass-natural-clean-complete-with-hang-tags

I'm still here.  I've been playing 3 months. Just started trying to butcher My Girl and Sir Duke this week. That thing is ridiculous. I have a thing for natural finish and maple necks. I couldn't  resist picking up a G&L Fullerton Standard last week. I can barely play the Fender I posted above, but found a killer deal and I have impulse control issues. 

• Like 3

I have a little over $100 in musiciansfriend bonus points saved up, but they haven't had any deals on something I really wanted in a while. I don't like to spend free money on boring stuff. I want to save it for a great deal on something sweet, making it an even greater deal.

What would you do with a hunnit in free guitar stuff money?

15 minutes ago, DougO said:

I have a little over $100 in musiciansfriend bonus points saved up, but they haven't had any deals on something I really wanted in a while. I don't like to spend free money on boring stuff. I want to save it for a great deal on something sweet, making it an even greater deal.

What would you do with a hunnit in free guitar stuff money?

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-limited-edition-american-professional-telecaster-with-rosewood-neck

They list an open box one for $1159.99.  With your discount, that would bring it to about a grand... I looked at the bass version and it was really nice. The neck felt fantastic. 

Edited by topochico

I am fighting the urge and losing.  I am going to get a used late model LP Standard soon, I just am not sure this 2006 is the one I want to blow my wad on.  My ideal would be a weight-relieved honey burst or unburst with 60s style neck and push/pull wiring.  This has the weight and neck, but not my ideal color and has standard wiring.  I suppose I can always get a Jimmy Page wiring kit if I feel so inclined.  Edit:  Will be giving it a test run on Saturday and making a final decision then.

vgq1m1euttsofenqsqz8.jpg

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Deej said:

Here's a new Standard 60's that weighs nine pounds. They say it's Ice Tea burst, but looks more honeyburst than their others. Drop Page wiring in it. 

haha.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPS6ITNH--gibson-les-paul-standard-60s-iced-tea?serial=117990289

20190822_124943.jpg

You are compounding my difficulties in making a decision, man :D

It's pretty, but what dude is gonna play it? Needs vag.

Iron Maiden

·

Check out Adrian's amazing one of a kind Jackson Guitars - Official! X Series signature, hand painted by Chloe Trujillo and auctioned in support for Teenage Cancer Trust

Get involved before the auction ends on Aug 26th - http://irnmdn.co/charity

It's also signed by Roger Daltrey, Roger Taylor, Billy Gibbons, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo, Scott Gorham, Richie Kotzen & Adrian himself.

#TeenageCancerTrust #JacksonGuitars #AdrianSmith #IronMaiden #Charity

68755696_10156277670512051_3361538531687

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Deej said:

Here's a new Standard 60's that weighs nine pounds. They say it's Ice Tea burst, but looks more honeyburst than their others. Drop Page wiring in it. 

haha.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPS6ITNH--gibson-les-paul-standard-60s-iced-tea?serial=117990289

20190822_124943.jpg

You bought your's through Sweetwater?  What's their return policy if you get it and just don't like the way it plays/feels/sounds?

How much would the Vagicaster go for at a charity auction? I bet I could take it to the Saxon Pub on a Tuesday night and get David Grissom to take a photo with it. I'm not sure I want to desecrate it with a signature on my design.

Edited by DougO

Just now, Goredho said:

You bought your's through Sweetwater?  What's their return policy if you get it and just don't like the way it plays/feels/sounds?

Yep. Their return policy is fantastic. 30 days from ship date. Full refund, exchange, or credit. They are really good to work with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

I am fighting the urge and losing.  I am going to get a used late model LP Standard soon, I just am not sure this 2006 is the one I want to blow my wad on.  My ideal would be a weight-relieved honey burst or unburst with 60s style neck and push/pull wiring.  This has the weight and neck, but not my ideal color and has standard wiring.  I suppose I can always get a Jimmy Page wiring kit if I feel so inclined.  Edit:  Will be giving it a test run on Saturday and making a final decision then.

vgq1m1euttsofenqsqz8.jpg

How much are you looking to spend?    

Goredho did a bad, bad thing...

117890279-front-xlarge.jpg

I called them up and they gave me a deal on a "demo" unburnt LP standard 60's that I couldn't refuse.  It was returned for a cosmetic issue -- a piece of fuzz under the finish near the first fret.  Supposedly nothing affecting tone/playability.  It should be in on Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up, Deej.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 4

Thanks.  Now to make sure it feels right on Saturday.  The price couldn't be beat for a "used" LP standard assuming the reason for return is as described.

PSA, if you see this demo notice on something you like in Sweetwater, call them up.  The salesman told me they have a lot of latitude to make deals on things classified as "demo" and they got me a lot closer to my $1700 price than the $2,249.00 on their website.

Jnn7gSO.png

18 hours ago, topochico said:

I'm still here.  I've been playing 3 months. Just started trying to butcher My Girl and Sir Duke this week. That thing is ridiculous. I have a thing for natural finish and maple necks. I couldn't  resist picking up a G&L Fullerton Standard last week. I can barely play the Fender I posted above, but found a killer deal and I have impulse control issues. 

You were fucking made for this thread.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Goredho did a bad, bad thing...

117890279-front-xlarge.jpg

I called them up and they gave me a deal on a "demo" unburnt LP standard 60's that I couldn't refuse.  It was returned for a cosmetic issue -- a piece of fuzz under the finish near the first fret.  Supposedly nothing affecting tone/playability.  It should be in on Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up, Deej.

old school yes GIF