The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Any of you in the Austin area ever check out The Rythm Dawgs? They are a mostly classic rock cover band that plays a lot around Pfluegerville, Round Rock, etc. The guitar player is an old acquaintance and I see his facebook posts, he's a good dude and they're a fun band. He takes an insane number of guitars to local pub gigs. I think he has a guitar for every song, or just about.

69232800_10213692085411233_4976675530402

• Like 3

I've seen "It Might Get Loud" a half dozen times.  I own it.  

There are times when Jimmy Page plugs in and I just can't imagine how someone could play with that much sound.  I just don't get it.  His style is simply massive.  He's a little sloppy, but for fuck's sake, his groove is just perfect with Bonham and Jones.  

On the flip side, I don't think the HS talent show trio is that bad.  I mean, they're kids.  At least they gave it a shot.  I'm pretty sure my HS band sounded worse.  (That said, our drummer kicked total ass, and had a full ride to Eastman.)

• Like 5

Page is my favorite guitarist, hands down. What he does seems not that complicated, and it really isn't, but he proves the adage that it's all in your fingers. Such a great ear, as well. The bit where he kind of laments not coming up with the "Seven Nation Army" riff is telling. 

"How in the fuck did I not think of that?"

• Like 2

Oh, and Page's sloppiness makes him. He brings it right to the edge of collapse and somehow blows your mind when he pulls it off.

The early studio versions of a lot of the songs released with the last reissues are telling. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

Any of you in the Austin area ever check out The Rythm Dawgs? They are a mostly classic rock cover band that plays a lot around Pfluegerville, Round Rock, etc. The guitar player is an old acquaintance and I see his facebook posts, he's a good dude and they're a fun band. He takes an insane number of guitars to local pub gigs. I think he has a guitar for every song, or just about.
69232800_10213692085411233_4976675530402168832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQktaO7VzrzZAAVIfCbQ4xtSsmD_uMD0nVPq1gJSUPrbpNl-l2qLItJJr6aRb4V8ciM&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=b5fb21ad3acc616d280f9908e4fb2465&oe=5DD9329C

Goddam. He must spend all day packing/setting up/repacking gear.

i would quit a band with an asshole who was taking up that much real estate or fucking up the flow with constant guitar changes.
cruser - why not learn?  if you have any kind of rhythm in 45 minutes you could be good enough to play every u2 song.
I've taken a few lessons. I might start back up. I'm more of a student about the history and shit of music. That stuff really interests me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Page is my favorite guitarist, hands down. What he does seems not that complicated, and it really isn't, but he proves the adage that it's all in your fingers. Such a great ear, as well. The bit where he kind of laments not coming up with the "Seven Nation Army" riff is telling. 
"How in the fuck did I not think of that?"

I’m assuming you guys have the Celebration Day dvd. Awesome shit.
  • Like 1

Here's another tone example for the Les Paul Standard 60s that Deej and I got.  This was close to my favorite tone that I got through my brother's collection of amps/pedals, and it was dirt simple.  Just guitar -> mythic overdrive -> vox AC30 normal channel with a little reverb.  The tone through the Dirty Shirley and Orange were similar, with no pedals.  I think these tones were a lot better than what I got with this guitar through the Diezel amp which I posted examples of earlier.

Anyway, if you want a modern metal/Tom Jones type of sound, you would probably rather have a Les Paul Standard "Modern" with bursbucker pros.  If you want a classic rock sound and can pair this guitar with fx/amps/amp mods that could also be described as "classic", I think this guitar will give you exactly what you want.

Any chance we can hear some sounds through the Supro, @deej?

• Like 3

On 8/25/2019 at 10:10 PM, Handcruser said:

Don't like the neck. And the jazz sits on my lap better. I bought a p with a jazz neck and returned it. I do like the look of the p better. I've also been looking at a chowny.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I can see that. I think Fender did a signature bass for Mark Hoppus a while back that was a Jazz body with a Pbass pickup. Not sure what neck they used for it though.