The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

1 hour ago, locodos said:

reminds me of a joke,

Man: "The doctor said I can masterbate whenever I want!"

Wife: "No he didn't, he said you could have a stroke at any time"

Reminds me of Willie's joke.   "Doctor to me I had to stop masturbating.    But Doc....why??   I'm trying to examine you."   

Edited by hullabelew

It was definitely a low point in my life along with that of the online Longhorn community.  He was a good dude just trying to get through cancer treatments and get back to full time work.

Apropos to this thread:  he was a huge fan of Killing Joke, as well as Ministry, and he actually worked as a guitar tech for Ministry before he passed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It was definitely a low point in my life along with that of the online Longhorn community.  He was a good dude just trying to get through cancer treatments and get back to full time work.

Apropos to this thread:  he was a huge fan of Killing Joke, as well as Ministry, and he actually worked as a guitar tech for Ministry before he passed.

as an outsider I forget that some of you folks have a more solid relationship than internet randos.  Good on you for helping out.  We need a lot more of that in the world.

/surly ministry had guitars? /nosurly

Wow, I remember him as a poster but had no idea about any of the personal or “real life” tragic part. I’m sorry that the overall group lost someone but very sorry that you were involved more intimately. I don’t want to presume but it sounds like you were a real help to him through some things.

2 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Wow, I remember him as a poster but had no idea about any of the personal or “real life” tragic part. I’m sorry that the overall group lost someone but very sorry that you were involved more intimately. I don’t want to presume but it sounds like you were a real help to him through some things.

Lots of people helped him out with money, rides for him or his family (he lived in Taylor), etc.  I just loaned him a junker Honda Accord.  Believe me, it was a group effort to try to keep him and his family afloat.  This is a legit community.

Fun fact:  the dude owned dozens of snakes.  His living room was like a reptile house.  Freaked me out.  I'm talking pythons, boas, probably some other dangerous snakes but I was already too busy backing out.  Snakes creep the hell out of me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Lots of people helped him out with money, rides for him or his family (he lived in Taylor), etc.  I just loaned him a junker Honda Accord.  Believe me, it was a group effort to try to keep him and his family afloat.  This is a legit community.

Fun fact:  the dude owned dozens of snakes.  His living room was like a reptile house.  Freaked me out.  I'm talking pythons, boas, probably some other dangerous snakes but I was already too busy backing out.  Snakes creep the hell out of me.

Image.jpeg

Image 1.jpeg

was this the same… fattyflattie or something like that? I remember reading about a sad story about someone who mostly predated my time on this site(s) like this.

bogey sorry, I have no knowledge of those guitars

cherry red 335 has always been on my list 

Cherry 335/45/55 is on my list too because Chuck Berry and Freddie King. But so is a walnut one because Mick Taylor played one on Can’t You Hear Me Knocking which is probably one of my all time favorite guitar sounds. Decisions decisions.

43 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

was this the same… fattyflattie or something like that? I remember reading about a sad story about someone who mostly predated my time on this site(s) like this.

bogey sorry, I have no knowledge of those guitars

cherry red 335 has always been on my list 

oh and I’m dumb, took some NyQuil last night and am shaking the fog out. Fattyflattie is a current poster, there was maybe someone else who had flat fat or just Kansas in his handle?

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

oh and I’m dumb, took some NyQuil last night and am shaking the fog out. Fattyflattie is a current poster, there was maybe someone else who had flat fat or just Kansas in his handle?

Yeah, there was some variant on fatty fat fat.  Funny dude.  KSU fan.  He passed away, too.

56 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Cherry 335/45/55 is on my list too because Chuck Berry and Freddie King. But so is a walnut one because Mick Taylor played one on Can’t You Hear Me Knocking which is probably one of my all time favorite guitar sounds. Decisions decisions.

Walnut is where it's at.

w4fgFpf.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

They probably make a p90 that will fit in a hb hole.

They do.  https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PhatCatNklset--seymour-duncan-phat-cat-pickup-set-set

Also, just in case you guys were thinking of getting me something for Christmas, this has dropped $65k in price.  It's a hell of deal. 

image.thumb.png.ede37c14f6d44e8b4ca8aad48be17aee.png

https://reverb.com/item/71059410-gibson-les-paul-custom-black-beauty-fretless-wonder-1960-mahogany-ebony?utm_source=braze&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Watcher_Item_Relisted&utm_term=Current Design

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Last guitar my brother wants to buy is an ES-355 black beauty like this.  I played one at Wildwood for him and it was glorious, but he hemmed and hawed on price and then it was gone.  May have to buy one for him someday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Gibson makes them as well.  But I'm not pulling perfectly good T-Tops out of my ES335 to find out.  I did consider them for my SG, but ended up going with some PAF knock-offs.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IMP4RBS--gibson-accessories-p-94r-humbucker-sized-p-90-pickup-black-and-silver-neck

16 hours ago, dcbc said:

Gibson makes them as well.  But I'm not pulling perfectly good T-Tops out of my ES335 to find out.  I did consider them for my SG, but ended up going with some PAF knock-offs.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IMP4RBS--gibson-accessories-p-94r-humbucker-sized-p-90-pickup-black-and-silver-neck

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting anyone mar a 335 for these.  I would be laughing right along with a luthier on that one.   I was just pointing out that replacements do exist.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Crap.  I never knew you loaned him that car.  

It was a beater we never drove.  He was helping us out by keeping it on the road.

One thing I'll never forget is when his wife called me to tell me about the accident, and she was apoplectic that the car was totaled.  I couldn't even speak.  Forget the car, it was nothing.  The fact it even concerned her really shook me, given the circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It was a beater we never drove.  He was helping us out by keeping it on the road.

One thing I'll never forget is when his wife called me to tell me about the accident, and she was apoplectic that the car was totaled.  I couldn't even speak.  Forget the car, it was nothing.  The fact it even concerned her really shook me, given the circumstances.

That situation and outcome reads horrifically tragic for everyone involved.