LSU @ Texas Analysis: LSU Offense

sushihorn

16 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

I am trying to think of a defense in the big xii that would carry a candle to that of LSU,, but am having trouble doing so.  Any of you longhorn faithful able to help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.

The White Tiger

The LSU defense is greater, and has more nfl talent than any of those in the big 12, but the gap between them is not a large as you think.

If LSU had to face actual cohesive offensive game plans and schemes week after week to this would be obvious.

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

Summary of the thread so far:

LSU Fans: We got spread offense birtch!  Texas got no film; y'all baws is fucked!

Texas Fans: We play in the Big 12.  Everyone runs a spread offense here.  You may have heard of Lincoln Riley.  Our defense will be prepared.

LSU Fans: Your defense sucks, baw!

Texas Fans: Seemed to work fine against Georgia.

LSU Fans: We's SEC birtch!

I suspect half these "LSU fans" are:

4504346.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Actually, I've got plenty, it's just not LSU specific. But I have seen a ton of oversized OL recruited for power run schemes matched up against fast defenses which have been built based on the concept of misdirection and multiple assignments; throw in the necessity of making run/pass decisions post-snap (something the OL has to do every bit as much as the QB and skill position players) and it's a huge task to switch.

The only question is whether LSU's players are more mentally flexible than any of those I've witnessed going through this same struggle over the past 25-30 years of watching teams switch to this "new" scheme.

Mentally flexible? Oversized OL? LOL. There are so many fallacies to unpack in this statement. But I'll leave you with this. 

Here's some background research for you:

OU OL Starter Averages: Height = 6'4.8 & Weight = 323.6 lbs

LSU OL Starter Averages: Height = 6'4.4 & Weight = 321.4 lbs

First, White Tiger seems to be the best of the new LSU additions.  I believe he’s misguided with regards to the sugar bowl, but whatever.  They whipped UGAs ass too  

My thoughts are this.  Either team has the horses to blow this thing up. Burrow played a strong game against some JV team last week, however his entire career has been “pedestrian” at best.  LSU run game as soso last week, I expect them to be improved this week - not due to UT, but that is typically a strength and I think they were “off” more than bad.  

We know what we have in Sam. We know what we have in CJ.  We know there are freshman ballers getting their feet under them.  Should be a good game.

I hope we beat that ass and they can take that shit back to rant and hear how they embarrassed the SEC from all the dick riding aggys on that board. 

6 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

Mentally flexible? Oversized OL? LOL. There are so many fallacies to unpack in this statement. But I'll leave you with this. 

You and Ed Orgeron have similar IQs. 

Mack brown tried to go to a power running attack in 2010 after we lost to Bama (he attempted to copy Bama). His roster was full of players that had run the spread their entire life. He went 5-7 in 2010. With a top 15-20 defense in the big 12.

LSUs offensive talent on the line is based on power running. But since you’re SEC, it must be different. 

23 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Against Georgia fucking Southern. Seriously, you did slightly better than LA Monroe last year. Woo hoo. I'm glad to hear your o-line didn't completely shit itself against such fearsome competition. I'm not saying you haven't improved. I'm saying that all you can take from beating up on GA Southern is that your line isn't completely pathetic and has some issues in run blocking to work out. 

LOL. So now when I bring up the actual game stats it's about competition vs the LSU OL playing great. LOL. We did what we were suppose to do. 

Just now, DayHeGeaux said:

LOL. So now when I bring up the actual game stats it's about competition vs the LSU OL playing great. LOL. We did what we were suppose to do. 

Trying to pick through our performances with our week 1 warmups as if it means anything about this game is pretty pointless though, you have to admit.

LSU didn't hold back passing, but doubt they "aired out" the play book. They will likely have wrinkles to unveil this Saturday. There's not a lot to judge from the Ga. Southern game other than they did what they should for the most part. A lot will depend on how both OL's hold up at the LOS.

Let me get this straight:

So UT is now known as having salty defenses?  When did that happen?  Forget the UGA game last year.  That is fool's gold.  

Georgia in a NY6 is fool's gold.
Alien, vulgarity does not become you or your august school.  It bespeaks one who has no argument.  I am sure you can do better.  Look, LSU looked more focused in the GASO game than I can recall them being in many years.  Don't know if they can repeat that, but if so, I think they handle the longhorns with little difficulty.  

Focus against cupcake opener Georgia Southern, however, is 24 karat.

There are legit reasons LSU is favored to win this game. Texas fans ignore a lot of them at their own peril. Your logic is trash though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dear pearl, if you think that UGA had its head right with ball for that game, good luck to you.  Looking forward to coming back here Saturday after the game win or lose.

You won't be back. We see this every year. Before the sugar bowl, the Bulldog fans came here to talk shit, but they never returned afterwards. Before the RRS, it was sooner fans. Before that, it was USC. Before that, Mizzou. Rinse and repeat.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Trying to pick through our performances with our week 1 warmups as if it means anything about this game is pretty pointless though, you have to admit.

I do admit that. This is what I initially said, "LSU's OL IMO is still TBD. While they did great against GA Southern. It still remains to be seen if they can do it against better competition."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Mack brown tried to go to a power running attack in 2010 after we lost to Bama

With a passing QB, though - be fair. Of course, the QB was nearsighted, still (imo) with a bad shoulder in his throwing arm, and wasn't always quite sure where his helmet was... and without a backup thanks to regarded recruiting and roster management.

LSU didn't hold back passing, but doubt they "aired out" the play book. They will likely have wrinkles to unveil this Saturday. There's not a lot to judge from the Ga. Southern game other than they did what they should for the most part. A lot will depend on how both OL's hold up at the LOS.

This is the ultimate truth. The game can be debated until blue in thr face but there are ultimately reasonable arguments for favoring either team. It'll come down to turnovers, mental mistakes, and LOS. Two of the three are totally unpredictable/random, and the third is tough to answer given the personnel/scheme unknowns.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

I am trying to think of a defense in the big xii that would carry a candle to that of LSU,, but am having trouble doing so.  Any of you longhorn faithful able to help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.

The White Tiger

You should look at how B12 defenses fared against bowl opponents versus those opponents season averages.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

20 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The LSU defense is greater, and has more nfl talent than any of those in the big 12, but the gap between them is not a large as you think.

If LSU had to face actual cohesive offensive game plans and schemes week after week to this would be obvious.

Cohesive...lol.  So the word that comes to mind when thinking of the UT offense is 'cohesive'...still chuckling.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

I do admit that. This is what I initially said, "LSU's OL IMO is still TBD. While they did great against GA Southern. It still remains to be seen if they can do it against better competition."

I agree.  They are the wildcard in all of this.  We'll have a better idea come saturday night.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

But they didnt do great, at least not run blocking. I guarantee your coaches weren't happy with it and believe there is plenty to address. Not shitting the bed is good. Maybe the pass blocking translates to better competition, maybe it doesnt. But you have to be slightly concerned about the lack of dominance in run blocking. Maybe it is stuff that can be cleaned up in a week's worth of practice. 

5 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

Cohesive...lol.  So the word that comes to mind when thinking of the UT offense is 'cohesive'...still chuckling.

Yes, especially compared to the alternative offensive game plan where coach retard interjects half way through and they start lining up in the I. Really hope Ed tries to coach this weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

But they didnt do great, at least not run blocking. I guarantee your coaches weren't happy with it and believe there is plenty to address. Not shitting the bed is good. Maybe the pass blocking translates to better competition, maybe it doesnt. But you have to be slightly concerned about the lack of dominance in run blocking. Maybe it is stuff that can be cleaned up in a week's worth of practice. 

We'll see.  The pass should set up the run in this offense.   At least that is my impression.

6 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

LSUs 6-3 330 guard:

ZMEAFLLKQPVWKAF.20190827164810.jpg

OU's 6-3 330 guard (#52):

Tyrese+Robinson+UCLA+vs+Oklahoma+vFNaWs5

1) These are not the same.

2) OU running attack is power-based.  LSU's is zone.  LSU actually has worse players for what they try to do.

4 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

I agree.  They are the wildcard in all of this.  We'll have a better idea come saturday night.

And keep in mind, the way y’all feel about your newfound ability to forward pass is how we are feeling about our O-line performance.  Haven’t seen anything like that in almost a decade.   

So while I’m curious if Burrow can keep his hot streak going, I’m equally curious how the UT Oline is going to look. 

1 hour ago, DayHeGeaux said:

LSU's OL IMO is still TBD. While they did great against GA Southern. It still remains to be seen if they can do it against better competition. 

Oline play usually doesn’t impact games, right? I’m sure that’s where the extraordinary confidence from the other LSU posters is coming from.

Meanwhile, according to PFF, the Texas oline had one of the best rated performances in the nation. We’ll see how they do against a vastly superior opponent, but that’s a good sign for an offense. There’s no question mark here - the oline in 2019 is a strength for Texas. 

Strength vs strength makes for fun games. 

1 minute ago, White Tiger said:

OK.  Are we playing OU this weekend or UT?  

You're missing the point. OU's OL is built for what they do. LSU's OL is built for what LSU used to do. Can they adapt? My belief is no, not against a defense that is prepared for what they are currently trying to do. Hence my question about whether they are mentally flexible enough to do something different from what they've been prepping for since junior high.

LSU's got the skill players for the HUNH RPO game; I just don't believe they have the OL for it.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

You're missing the point. OU's OL is built for what they do. LSU's OL is built for what LSU used to do. Can they adapt? My belief is no, not against a defense that is prepared for what they are currently trying to do. Hence my question about whether they are mentally flexible enough to do something different from what they've been prepping for since junior high.

LSU's got the skill players for the HUNH RPO game; I just don't believe they have the OL for it.

We are about to find out.  BTW, does one have to name call or be a vulgarian to be popular here.  I notice my "social rating" is getting more negative.  Is it possible that the UT faithful have paper thin skin?  Just askin'...

Just now, White Tiger said:

We are about to find out.  BTW, does one have to name call or be a vulgarian to be popular here.  I notice my "social rating" is getting more negative.  Is it possible that the UT faithful have paper thin skin?  Just askin'...

Lighten up, Francis

OH NOES!!! little kitty cats that couldn't fucking beat a shitty aggy team opened their season and beat a team full of FCS recruits and players.  We should be SO SO SCARED.  What will Orlando and Herman do?!  They are shivering in their boots at that mouth breathing retard Orgeron and Joe Burrow who couldn't cut it at osu.  If only we faced NFL level quarterbacks like Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Will Grier, Drew Locke, JT Daniels, Jake Fromm.  How dare we even considering trying against this LSU team that plays like dog shit on the road that finished behind aggy in their own division.  So so scared of their 4-5 star recruits.  If only we had higher recruiting classes than LSU that last 2 years.... we could then consider walking onto the same field as them.  

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

I do not know.  The runs were often effective at converting on third down.

Y'all were 1/3 converting third down running.

3rd and 2: Fournette 1 yard.

3rd and 2: Edward no gain.

3rd and 2: Emory 3 yards.

• Like 2