Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

36 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Another DL from Philly wanted in last year but we were seeking higher rated talent and that guy ended up going to Ole Miss, I think. That's why Enai White to Ole Miss was an early buzz. But A&M also landed a corner from Philly, who is already playing a lot and doing well in his freshman year. White was there to take in the atmosphere of the Bama game, and he has been to his top programs already on officials but not yet to A&M, even though he came by for unofficial over the summer.

Elijah Robinson is an ace recruiter, Elko is a good DC with track record of taking A&M from bad to better to good on D as a whole. Jimbo is a good closer.  Jimbo also got *several* of UGA's assistants over the last two years, especially so at the start of this year.  Jimbo can also point to several players drafted into the NFL already, plus more on the way, including potential first rounders. And not every 18 year old wants big city lights. As for academics-- even if you seriously think these top flight talents are "playing school" then A&M is easily in the top 4 of the SEC right alongside UGa, Florida, and Vandy.

If it's all just about money bags then we would have landed Dindy. But he has personal connections at OU, and those won out. Kendal Daniels, the top player out of Oklahoma and #5 safety last year committed to A&M, only to decommit after his position coach (Aristide) was poached by Miami.  You guys got some good talent when you had some ace young recruit/bagmen in Mensa's regime too.

Vandy, smallish gap to FL, then smallish gap to FL, then a not-so-smallish gap to A&M.  I'm not saying A&M is LSU, but it's not those other 3.

Edited by Tree Fidy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Another DL from Philly wanted in last year but we were seeking higher rated talent and that guy ended up going to Ole Miss, I think. That's why Enai White to Ole Miss was an early buzz. But A&M also landed a corner from Philly, who is already playing a lot and doing well in his freshman year. White was there to take in the atmosphere of the Bama game, and he has been to his top programs already on officials but not yet to A&M, even though he came by for unofficial over the summer.

Elijah Robinson is an ace recruiter, Elko is a good DC with track record of taking A&M from bad to better to good on D as a whole. Jimbo is a good closer.  Jimbo also got *several* of UGA's assistants over the last two years, especially so at the start of this year.  Jimbo can also point to several players drafted into the NFL already, plus more on the way, including potential first rounders. And not every 18 year old wants big city lights. As for academics-- even if you seriously think these top flight talents are "playing school" then A&M is easily in the top 4 of the SEC right alongside UGa, Florida, and Vandy.

If it's all just about money bags then we would have landed Dindy. But he has personal connections at OU, and those won out. Kendal Daniels, the top player out of Oklahoma and #5 safety last year committed to A&M, only to decommit after his position coach (Aristide) was poached by Miami.  You guys got some good talent when you had some ace young recruit/bagmen in Mensa's regime too.

Look, I'm not going to bash on A&M's academic record - it's a good school. But holy shit, it is not right alongside Vandy.

• Hook 'Em 3

I see that "playing school" salient simply went over you guys' academic big head. Or, you just enjoy academic talk and nobody will come by to mention how "academic talk is not going away".

It was a simple point that A&M isn't a bottom feeder on academics, and besides, the most top flight football players who are even considering the choice of SEC schools aren't going to select Vandy, because "academics!". 

Besides, my point still stands: A&M is a top-4 academic school in the SEC. Which would make it right in the same quartile as Florida, Georgia, and yes, Vandy. And in several academic disciplines, A&M is second to none in the SEC.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Besides, my point still stands: A&M is a top-4 academic school in the SEC. Which would make it right in the same quartile as Florida, Georgia, and yes, Vandy. And in several academic disciplines, A&M is second to none in the SEC.

So you're the cream of the crap academic conference. Put it on the wall!

Second to none in the SEC in what? Poultry Science?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I see that "playing school" salient simply went over you guys' academic big head. Or, you just enjoy academic talk and nobody will come by to mention how "academic talk is not going away".

It was a simple point that A&M isn't a bottom feeder on academics, and besides, the most top flight football players who are even considering the choice of SEC schools aren't going to select Vandy, because "academics!". 

You’re right, f’n sheep and list eating are second to none.3031E3A1-BACE-4416-8441-5D9E60B55797.jpeg.61ebe497062d245f7318462d60b5a1c7.jpegD8FF22BE-2EFA-4805-BD71-2B4F20453267.jpeg.da03b85aea20bde7a29418c6462ba6f8.jpeg

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

A&M is a top-4 academic school in the SEC. Which would make it right in the same quartile as Florida, Georgia, and yes, Vandy. 

While technically true, creating a "top 4" with these rankings and lumping aggy in with Vandy is disinginous to put it kindly.  In addition, aggy is increasingly becoming a diploma mill.

Nationally ranked universities:

• #14 Vandy
  • #28 Florida
  • #48 Georgia
  • #68 aggy
  • Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

That "Top 4/quartile" statement has a a short shelf life.  Can you give us your revised take once UT moves to the SEC?

8 minutes ago, Scholz said:

While technically true, creating a "top 4" with these rankings and lumping aggy in with Vandy is disinginous to put it kindly.  In addition, aggy is increasingly becoming a diploma mill.

• #14 Vandy
  • #28 Florida
  • #48 Georgia
  • #68 aggy

"academic smack not going away"

11th best engineering school (one spot higher than UT) and the best among the SEC.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings

• Fuck You 1

lol US News

Why don't you link the one where UT's mechanical engineering program is ranked one spot higher than Texas A&M's?

Also, you're doing a great job showing how great the academics are there:

4/14 isn't a quartile. Once the conference goes to 16, A&M won't be in the top 4 anymore.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Not for very fucking long.

eh, as if most football players are going to even notice for a moment that UT is ranked (by one fucking magazine no less; other ratings and rankings show different outcomes, if people want to play that game) #38-- alongside UC Davis and Georgia Tech no less!-- while A&M is ranked #68. If academics were such an important criteria for these fellows, I bet Rice would have top ranked recruiting classes without breaking a sweat, considering that it's ranked #17, right alongside Cornell.

But hey, maybe UT boosters will keep pushing the "playing school" angle on these recruits. :D

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

11th best engineering school (one spot higher than UT) and the best among the SEC.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings

Great.  Yes, engineering is good at aggy.  As is vet science and chicken plucking.

But you didn't address my point.  Comparing aggy to Vandy as a university is flat out dishonest.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

eh, as if most football players are going to even notice for a moment that UT is ranked (by one fucking magazine no less; other ratings and rankings show different outcomes, if people want to play that game) #38-- alongside UC Davis and Georgia Tech no less!-- while A&M is ranked #68. If academics were such an important criteria for these fellows, I bet Rice would have top ranked recruiting classes without breaking a sweat, considering that it's ranked #17, right alongside Cornell.

But hey, maybe UT boosters will keep pushing the "playing school" angle on these recruits. :D

You brought it up, asshole.

• Hook 'Em 4

36 minutes ago, Scholz said:

• #14 Vandy
  • #28 Florida
  • #48 Georgia
  • #68 aggy

I saw a friend praising his daughter on social media for getting accepted into A&M. I guess she does have a pulse, so that's something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

You’re literally not even intelligent enough to find an A&M board to post your inane bullshit on. Fuck off!

31 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Great.  Yes, engineering is good at aggy.  As is vet science and chicken plucking.

But you didn't address my point.  Comparing aggy to Vandy as a university is flat out dishonest.

Again, are we really seriously discussing football recruits comparing entire universities' general academic standing? Or do they compare football coaches, football facilities, their position coach, etc? Even the ones that are into academics, they tend to look at a college or department's standing. And even then, I imagine variables such as proximity to home, urban/rural/suburban setup, and about a dozen others come into play.

There is no pushback from me on the basic facts: Vandy is a top, private academic institution, not just in the SEC but across the country. Heck, it's probably better regarded than Baylor and TCU combined, I imagine.

At the end of the day, academic standing is likely just one variable in most recruits' school choice. And Texas A&M has a generally good reputation (which is really what US News rankings are based off of), even despite its shitty campus architecture, its history of being a small military, male-only college, etc etc.

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Top 4! Top 4!*

*For another 18 months. 

From the sounds of it, many UT fans already consider them to be in the SEC, even screaming the chant that so many hated! lol  And you wish it weren't even 18 months of wait.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/texas-and-oklahoma-fans-broke-out-in-an-awkward-sec-chant-on-espns-college-gameday-and-fans-everywhere-roasted-them

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Again, are we really seriously discussing football recruits comparing entire universities' general academic standing? 

Apparently yes. You are. And speaking aggy’s name in the same breath as Vandy remains dishonest whether you want to sweep that previous comment of yours under the rug or not.

53 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Again, are we really seriously discussing football recruits comparing entire universities' general academic standing? Or do they compare football coaches, football facilities, their position coach, etc? Even the ones that are into academics, they tend to look at a college or department's standing. And even then, I imagine variables such as proximity to home, urban/rural/suburban setup, and about a dozen others come into play.

There is no pushback from me on the basic facts: Vandy is a top, private academic institution, not just in the SEC but across the country. Heck, it's probably better regarded than Baylor and TCU combined, I imagine.

At the end of the day, academic standing is likely just one variable in most recruits' school choice. And Texas A&M has a generally good reputation (which is really what US News rankings are based off of), even despite its shitty campus architecture, its history of being a small military, male-only college, etc etc.

Now you are comparing Vandy to TCU and Baylor?  Strange hill to die on.  Just admit you made a mistake and move on.

41 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

From the sounds of it, many UT fans already consider them to be in the SEC, even screaming the chant that so many hated! lol  And you wish it weren't even 18 months of wait.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/texas-and-oklahoma-fans-broke-out-in-an-awkward-sec-chant-on-espns-college-gameday-and-fans-everywhere-roasted-them

Some fans in the crowd outside the stadium chanted SEC. Some twitter posters ridicule them. This is evidence of how Longhorns feel and how the public reacted to it? You're really not very good at this.

The SEC chant you want to believe we did would have been inside the stadium and loud. It didn't happen. Don't project your SEC wanking ways on us. We're glad to move to a better conference than we're in; we're not identified by where we're going. A&M clearly is.

I do appreciate you guys understanding your limitations. 

Number four on all fronts:

Football (once this century)!

Academics (in the pre-Texas SEC)!

It's only three places from the top!

We're number 4! We're number 4! We're number 4!

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I remember reading an article somewhere before the aggy governor tried to turn us into aggy. UT was ranked in the tip 30 worldwide academically. Now I believe we are in the upper 30s worldwide. That's a better ranking worldwide that aggy has nationally. 

Who gives a shit about academics when it comes to sports success? The kids who will win championships sure as fuck don’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Who gives a shit about academics when it comes to sports success? The kids who will win championships sure as fuck don’t. 

4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

You might be surprised.

Gotta go with realgreg on this one. You may have noticed that Stanford has been a thorn in our side with some Texas recruits. I imagine our academics are a thorn in the side of many other universities.

Most of the guys who pass through here will not be pros. I suspect many of them know that and want to get the degree and get on with life.

4 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Those are graduate school rankings, undergrad Aggy has tanked the past decade plus because of Perrys fuckery

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Those are graduate school rankings, undergrad Aggy has tanked the past decade plus because of Perrys fuckery

I'm quite sure he dug for the undergrad rankings first and since that didn't pan out for him, he then went with the graduate rankings in an honest fashion.

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

I'm glad someone noticed that.

I had another tab open with undergrad rankings too. They're off by a bit but not much. I'll have to look it up again if you'd like me to.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

I'm glad someone noticed that.

I had another tab open with undergrad rankings too. They're off by a bit but not much. I'll have to look it up again if you'd like me to.

I already pointed that out, dipshit.  We're #10, you're #15.  As if you didn't know that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

"The Texas A&M University College of Engineering’s undergraduate engineering program climbed two spots, ranking seventh among public engineering schools offering a doctorate (tied with University of Wisconsin-Madison), and No. 13 overall, in the recently released 2021 U.S. News & World Report Best College Rankings."

https://engineering.tamu.edu/news/2020/09/texas-am-college-of-engineering-jumps-in-rank-in-latest-us-news-report.html

2 hours ago, realgreggym said:

I remember reading an article somewhere before the aggy governor tried to turn us into aggy. UT was ranked in the tip 30 worldwide academically. Now I believe we are in the upper 30s worldwide. That's a better ranking worldwide that aggy has nationally. 

Yes, he wanted us to be a diploma mill like aggy is. They would've just had one more student than Texas.