Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

I'm guessing they will hold on to most of their current class commits, the issue will be they won't get any of the big name targets out there.  Instead they will settle for high risk guys that other programs passed on, or straight up mercenaries.

LHF just posted some screenshots from Tarp - the gist of his post is that if things don't go well this weekend he would expect you'll see more and more players out with injuries and in no hurry to get back.  Also said that they likely aren't looking to bring back King anytime soon because the OL sucks (2nd worst pressure rate in SEC) and the WR's can't catch (4th highest drop rate in SEC).

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If Alabama does fully embarrass these guys this weekend, especially if Texas beats OU on the same day, man, we might overdose on this board.

spacer.png

Maybe this is why I'm so emotionally detached this weekend. Such great possibilities if we beat OU, but...well, we all know.

If the day starts great, this could be one of those weekends that feels like the world is righting itself.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

LHF just posted some screenshots from Tarp - the gist of his post is that if things don't go well this weekend he would expect you'll see more and more players out with injuries and in no hurry to get back.  Also said that they likely aren't looking to bring back King anytime soon because the OL sucks and the WR's can't catch.

spacer.png

Just now, Tex Pete said:

I get it, but it's a double-edged sword. King needs the reps badly. They're fucked again next year.

He needs the reps - but he's also 160 pounds and as tough as tissue paper.  Besides - if King comes in and stinks it will be harder to sell the masses on his 'promise and potential' in 2022.  Need to have Calzada as the scape goat for this shitty season.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It's a funny post, but it also reminds me of something else absurd - what the fuck does Georgia get to claim as it pertains to championships across sports, including football? They haven't won a CFB title in 41 years and I think that's the only legitimate one. They have 2 Heisman winners, one from the 40's. Their other programs, at least the money ones, are largely trash as well. Lot of similarities between ATM and Georgia when it comes to actual hardware.

When people start reaching for shit like "there's been a lot of positivity" and "this is not about the final score" regarding recruiting and visits, it's ... not so good. I wasn't necessarily thinking that ATM's class was going to fall apart or anything, but with takes like those above from people covering the program, I'm starting to wonder. That's pure spin from them, and they're leveraging the most redass recruits to get there, even.

Fisher was telling guys out on his ranch this summer that they already had commitments from Nolan Smith, Brenan Thompson, Dindy, and a bunch of others. He was doing this as a way of arguing for inevitable momentum to the class, that they were going to finish #1 or #2 in the rankings, that they were going to beat Bama and they were going to the playoffs. They've been pointing towards this recruiting weekend as THE weekend since last spring.

If Alabama does fully embarrass these guys this weekend, especially if Texas beats OU on the same day, man, we might overdose on this board.

They always start talking about the Aggy network when the wheels are about to fly off. They’ve been doing it on cue for decades. And let’s not forget that jimbo has a special relationship with these kids; he has a vision for the program! No other program can offer that kind of stuff to recruits. Therefore Aggy will finish top 2.

Edited by Terry Silver
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

LHF just posted some screenshots from Tarp - the gist of his post is that if things don't go well this weekend he would expect you'll see more and more players out with injuries and in no hurry to get back.  Also said that they likely aren't looking to bring back King anytime soon because the OL sucks (2nd worst pressure rate in SEC) and the WR's can't catch (4th highest drop rate in SEC).

I thought this all along regarding King. It is likely that if he came back, he would either get hurt again or show that he's slightly better than Calzada. Neither would be good for the long term prospects of the program. Weigman maybe a really good QB, but a freshmen starting is not a great thing for Jimbo's offense.

Shit they are selling everyone that aggy would be 5-0 with King. If he came back and sucked, their only selling point disappears completely. Not to mention the talk starts to become that Jimbo is not a QB whisperer after all.

Edited by HtownHorn

From 69 days ago (nice). Hilarious to look back at the spin machine this summer.

Nice quotes from 2 guys who ended up as Texas commits:

"The environment is crazy," blazing fast receiver Brenen Thompson said. His list of contenders also includes Oklahoma State, Oregon and Texas. "I’m glad I made it out here for sure. Big things coming forward. Everyone here is dedicated to each other."

"I love the fact that when I went there I actually learned something that’s gonna help be a better player," four-star defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe said. "And the dorms was pretty dope as you can see they got a pool on the roof."

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

They always start talking about the Aggy network when the wheels are about to fly off. They’ve been doing it on cue for decades. And let’s not forget that jimbo has a special relationship with these kids; he has a vision for the program! No other program can offer that kind of stuff to recruits. Therefore Aggy will finish top 2.

And playing time! Don't forget playing time! These guys can step right in and replace the last set of guys who came here for early playing time!

Narrator: It's because they suck.

It's the opposite side of the coin stating that great players don't fear competition want to go to programs that are great.

Pair that with game day experience and our traditions! You're begging people to jump into your leaky boat because the added weight will save everyone!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jaray Bledsoe said. "And the dorms was pretty dope as you can see they got a pool on the roof."

They didn't hold the pool party at some random apartment complex catered by a coach who smears butter on chicken, places it in an aluminum bin, and then places butter in every space between the pieces? Mmmmm. Gooey, disgustingly rich, and lethal!

They really did that at least one year.

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Huh. Imagine that. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I don’t know how it will all shake out, but I do love that A&M’s two biggest selling points, winning big this year and playing in the SEC, didn’t make it past September. That’s just undeniably hilarious. 

That my friend, is the "early set back".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Said it a few days, but I don't see them beating Ole Miss, LSU, and Auburn. 2 of the 3 are on the road, and yeah LSU may be just as big a dumpster as aggy at that point, but it's still in Death Valley.  Bo Nix may be a clown, but he's already won at Kyle Field once, so hey, why not again?  It will come down to Missouri and South Carolina if they make a bowl.  Mizzou is dog shit, but they did play Kentucky to one score, and that's the first true road game for aggy, and may just feature some opt outs after this week.  How glorious would it be the last week if aggy and LSU both have 5 wins and are fighting over bowl eligibility??

• Hook 'Em 1

The gigem' board has a thread about maybe two more starting OL out.  It was VIP and wasn't started by a mod so IDK how true it is.

I could see them saying “oh, you have an ouchie? Sit this one out”.

Post game presser-
“We have so many injuries. We only had 3 healthy players for the game.”
  • Haha 1

Tbh, it wouldn't surprise me if Jimbo actually wants this to happen.

This is equivalent to Jimbo punting and running clock late in games so they only lose by 10 instead of 17. It's all about perception.

Looch is already peddling that they'd be 5-0 with King. If more players opt out with "injury" it gets easier for Jimbo to keep spinning that at full strength they could've won it all this year.

If they lose at full strength, the emporer is exposed. If they lose due to "uncontrollable freak circumstances" it's much easier to spin as bad luck.

aggy would rather sabotage their own season if it means they can continue their narrative that the program is on the rise. Next is the year, same as its ever been.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I could see them saying “oh, you have an ouchie? Sit this one out”.

Post game presser-
“We have so many injuries. We only had 3 healthy players for the game.”

Can't they just pull guys out of the stands?

Ever since the day E. King Gill left the stands in 1922, the entire student body has stood throughout the game to symbolize their "readiness, desire, and enthusiasm" to take the field if needed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The gigem' board has a thread about maybe two more starting OL out.  It was VIP and wasn't started by a mod so IDK how true it is.

Posters are guessing Aki and Johnson 

Johnson sucks anyway, but I suppose his backup is probably worse 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Asking about this Yahoo piece.  Tarp's not sure whom they're counting as starters, so cannot comment.

https://news.yahoo.com/three-bold-predictions-alabama-matchup-161610960.html

Going through Tarp’s post, and had a chuckle at this one

”Kenyon Green initially graded out at a 4.4 in pass blocking vs Arkansas.

They've since changed it to a 2.2.

Can you imagine being motivated enough to go back and re-examine someone's grade because you think a 4.4 on a scale of 100 was way too generous?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here’s Tarp’s post mentioned earlier 

Spoiler

They're a lot more on edge this week. I don't know if that means that they will come out and play with a chip on their shoulder tomorrow night or not.

In talking to people, I do get the sense that if they don't start playing better the casualty list will go up and that injured players will be loathe to get back on the field.

In addition, I'm not sure how fast everyone is ready to get Haynes King back onto the field. As of right now, they couldn't protect him and the WR corps wouldn't be doing him any favors. I think that certain conditions have to be met for them to do so...one is the protection has to be better than it's been and that some of the vet WRs start to return to help him out.

If A&M keeps having a pressure rate near 35% (second worst in the SEC) and a drop rate of over 10% (fourth worst in the league), why would you put him at risk?

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Going through Tarp’s post, and had a chuckle at this one

”Kenyon Green initially graded out at a 4.4 in pass blocking vs Arkansas.

They've since changed it to a 2.2.

Can you imagine being motivated enough to go back and re-examine someone's grade because you think a 4.4 on a scale of 100 was way too generous?”

time house GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Yesh said:

I wonder how Calzada would feel if King were healthy and they said "man this OL sucks and is going to get the QB killed, let's save King."

You know he’s aware of what’s going on. The remainder of this season is going to be one of the greatest meltdowns in sports history.

Edited by Terry Silver
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wonder how Calzada would feel if King were healthy and they said "man this OL sucks and is going to get the QB killed, let's save King."
I mean, that update from tarp basically reads that way.

They have conditions for king coming back and first is better protection.

Think about that for a minute...king could be ready to come back, but Fisher tells Calzada they're riding with him until the oline is no longer likely to get the QB hurt. Wow.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Terry Silver said:

You know he’s aware of what’s going on. The remainder of this season is going to one of the greatest meltdowns in sports history.

Thing is, he has all the power. What would jimbo do if he refused to play, entered the portal, or claimed an injury?

play stowers?  Achane or smith to qb?

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Here’s Tarp’s post mentioned earlier 

Hide contents

They're a lot more on edge this week. I don't know if that means that they will come out and play with a chip on their shoulder tomorrow night or not.

In talking to people, I do get the sense that if they don't start playing better the casualty list will go up and that injured players will be loathe to get back on the field.

In addition, I'm not sure how fast everyone is ready to get Haynes King back onto the field. As of right now, they couldn't protect him and the WR corps wouldn't be doing him any favors. I think that certain conditions have to be met for them to do so...one is the protection has to be better than it's been and that some of the vet WRs start to return to help him out.

If A&M keeps having a pressure rate near 35% (second worst in the SEC) and a drop rate of over 10% (fourth worst in the league), why would you put him at risk?

Never heard their mods talk this way honestly. This must be a nuclear meltdown that is happening right now.

• Like 1