Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

By Ryan Brauninger

October 6, 2021

Tweet

Key notes from Recruiting Country

It's interesting because the atmosphere on Saturday night at Kyle field looked really good, and we were asking people who said it sounds great. Some of the kids and people who were inside Kyle Field said it was terrific and got really, really loud. The experience for a lot of the kids has been overwhelmingly positive for Texas A&M.

Brenen Thompson‍, the athlete from Spearman, is going to make a decision today, and I do not expect it to be Texas A&M. He was supposed to be here this weekend for the Alabama game, but he had surgery recently and is struggling to get around on his scooter a bit. Texas doesn't try to hide it when they're getting kids. It sounds like some folks around him favored Texas, and with Texas moving to the SEC, it helped Texas build momentum.

If you go through the season, what happens after Alabama is a huge deal. The season on the field is one thing, and the season off the field with the recruiting class is another. They're reaching a point where they're of equal importance. Can you reach 8-4? Can you say that 8-4 isn't what you wanted but point to what you were missing? It's not ideal, but it is a way to explain what has happened.

If you look at college football as a whole right now, it's Alabama, Georgia and then what? If you're an A&M fan, you probably don't care what LSU or Texas does. You can't be that myopic when looking at it as a recruiting situation. Sure, the season hasn't gone how A&M had hoped. The season is in a bad spot, but the program is not. Look at what they have on the roster and the track record of the coaches as on-field coaches and recruiters. The young talent is getting better. Without a starting quarterback, that's a big deal.

There are a lot of ways you can go into the offseason and continue to sell this program if you can get to that 8-4 mark. If you can win your next three after Alabama, the recruiting pitch becomes more understandable.

I hate speculating whether or not A&M is going to lose guys. There will be guys that will be tough to keep, but until we get concrete evidence — and we don't have that right now that any kid is going to back away from his commitment to A&M — it does more harm than good to put rumors out there. If we do get that evidence, in our own TexAgs way, we will let the subscribers know.

The December signing period is usually a three-day window right before Christmas. Watch our High School Football Show. We get into a lot of the underrated players in both Houston and Dallas.

Right now, I'm not expecting any unexpected flips to Texas A&M.

Walter Nolen‍ is a five-star defensive tackle out of Tennessee. He will be in this weekend for a visit. His name has come up a bunch as a guy that Texas A&M is right there in the mix for. When they came for the pool party, he made some connections and felt at home with the coaching staff and in College Station. Going into this weekend, A&M has positioned himself pretty well for this kid.

Bryce Anderson‍ is committed. Jarred Kerr‍ is a kid that Mike Elko and Jimbo Fisher never wavered on. It's unfortunate that he got injured this year and missed a lot of action, but when a coaching staff goes about a recruitment like they did with Jarred, it makes you feel good about a kid. Deyon Bouie‍ is a really good defensive back, and A&M will have to fight Georgia to keep him. The Aggies are also right at the top and center for Jacoby Mathews‍. They're attacking the defensive backfield pretty hard.

Taj Harris is a recent transfer portal entry from Syracuse. He's originally from New Jersey, and Elijah Robinson and Mike Elko have some serious connections up there. That will be a fight, and Billy just dropped some notes on what A&M is looking to do in the portal this morning, so subscribe.

When your house is on fire, you don't notice that your neighbors' houses are on fire. That might be happening with the A&M fan base. Maybe just a room is on fire for the Aggies, and if they can put that fire out, maybe they'll be able to sell their house the easiest on signing day. There's one in Baton Rouge that is going to have a lot of burn damage. There is still a lot of football to be played and narratives to be changed going into signing day.

Alabama is going to pop up on the radar somewhere down the stretch for sure. Don't be surprised if a current commit or a prime target that hasn't been involved with Alabama all of a sudden gets involved with Alabama

• Hook 'Em 1

As Texas fans, we spent 2010-present, bitching about how our offenses were ill-equipped to take advantage of the deep talent pool in-state. We watched athletes and speedsters head to lesser programs and produce, while we plodded along to middling records with uninspiring play calling and production. Aggy made fun of us. Their answer was to pay 100 million dollars to do the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

I like the classiness of a Mastro’s. I think I like Mastro's a little more.

image.png.f216e234ce2346689350ed13b6512999.png Billy at minimum shabby classing the joint up.

Below, we have the totality of the hard core Aggie. Paraphrased to add coherence and brevity.

Everybody is keenly interested in and watching us. People laugh at us, but we're strong. They're weak and envious of our powerful displays of manful strength and enormous wealth. Jimbo knows how to win a natty [exactly one and he's already turned that chit in]. I know the man personally. I've looked into his soul.

spacer.png

image.png

image.png.5cbd6d8ab07c76989978a4c9a525be8d.png  or image.png.74b024d6bb14ac8d2e2947b22c8beb5c.png or image.png.3588995ff3a2d2badb3949663cd6a09d.png

You make the call!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

If you look at college football as a whole right now, it's Alabama, Georgia and then what? If you're an A&M fan, you probably don't care what LSU or Texas does. You can't be that myopic when looking at it as a recruiting situation. Sure, the season hasn't gone how A&M had hoped. The season is in a bad spot, but the program is not. Look at what they have on the roster and the track record of the coaches as on-field coaches and recruiters. The young talent is getting better. Without a starting quarterback, that's a big deal.

Saying the young talent is getting better while starting 0-2 against maybe the second and fifth best team in the division is baffling with how they claimed this was the year. 

Not that the rest of it isn't, but this paragraph is completely full of shit. If you are TAMU, you damn well better be concerned how LSU and Texas does as they are much easier to sell to recruits.

7 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Not that the rest of it isn't, but this paragraph is completely full of shit. If you are TAMU, you damn well better be concerned how LSU and Texas does as they are much easier to sell to recruits.

If they were 5-0 and we had sputtered to a 3-2 record with another loss to the Fat One, you know they'd be spinning the recruiting sunshine of Jimbo getting everyone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

There are a lot of ways you can go into the offseason and continue to sell this program

Some of the kids and people who were inside Kyle Field said it was terrific and got really, really loud. The experience for a lot of the kids has been overwhelmingly positive for Texas A&M.

Jimbo knows how to win nattys by leveraging loudness. Be patient and have faith in the process.

Announcement Day: Alabama, Texas, and Ohio State showed me a lot of love and great opportunities. But I'm going to forego all of that. The loudness of Texas A&M is second to none! I'm taking my services there! WHOOP!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

When you puff your bird chest out telling everyone who will listen that you are rich, strong, and run things -- you are none of those things.  Rich, strong people who run shit don't go around telling people they are rich, strong and run shit.  People already know.  

texasambird.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

By Ryan Brauninger

October 6, 2021

Tweet

Key notes from Recruiting Country

It's interesting because the atmosphere on Saturday night at Kyle field looked really good, and we were asking people who said it sounds great. Some of the kids and people who were inside Kyle Field said it was terrific and got really, really loud. The experience for a lot of the kids has been overwhelmingly positive for Texas A&M.

Brenen Thompson‍, the athlete from Spearman, is going to make a decision today, and I do not expect it to be Texas A&M. He was supposed to be here this weekend for the Alabama game, but he had surgery recently and is struggling to get around on his scooter a bit. Texas doesn't try to hide it when they're getting kids. It sounds like some folks around him favored Texas, and with Texas moving to the SEC, it helped Texas build momentum.

If you go through the season, what happens after Alabama is a huge deal. The season on the field is one thing, and the season off the field with the recruiting class is another. They're reaching a point where they're of equal importance. Can you reach 8-4? Can you say that 8-4 isn't what you wanted but point to what you were missing? It's not ideal, but it is a way to explain what has happened.

There are a lot of ways you can go into the offseason and continue to sell this program if you can get to that 8-4 mark. If you can win your next three after Alabama, the recruiting pitch becomes more understandable.

I hate speculating whether or not A&M is going to lose guys. There will be guys that will be tough to keep, but until we get concrete evidence — and we don't have that right now that any kid is going to back away from his commitment to A&M — it does more harm than good to put rumors out there. If we do get that evidence, in our own TexAgs way, we will let the subscribers know.

The December signing period is usually a three-day window right before Christmas. Watch our High School Football Show. We get into a lot of the underrated players in both Houston and Dallas.

Right now, I'm not expecting any unexpected flips to Texas A&M.

Walter Nolen‍ is a five-star defensive tackle out of Tennessee. He will be in this weekend for a visit. His name has come up a bunch as a guy that Texas A&M is right there in the mix for. When they came for the pool party, he made some connections and felt at home with the coaching staff and in College Station. Going into this weekend, A&M has positioned himself pretty well for this kid.

Bryce Anderson‍ is committed. Jarred Kerr‍ is a kid that Mike Elko and Jimbo Fisher never wavered on. It's unfortunate that he got injured this year and missed a lot of action, but when a coaching staff goes about a recruitment like they did with Jarred, it makes you feel good about a kid. Deyon Bouie‍ is a really good defensive back, and A&M will have to fight Georgia to keep him. The Aggies are also right at the top and center for Jacoby Mathews‍. They're attacking the defensive backfield pretty hard.

Taj Harris is a recent transfer portal entry from Syracuse. He's originally from New Jersey, and Elijah Robinson and Mike Elko have some serious connections up there. That will be a fight, and Billy just dropped some notes on what A&M is looking to do in the portal this morning, so subscribe.

When your house is on fire, you don't notice that your neighbors' houses are on fire. That might be happening with the A&M fan base. Maybe just a room is on fire for the Aggies, and if they can put that fire out, maybe they'll be able to sell their house the easiest on signing day. There's one in Baton Rouge that is going to have a lot of burn damage. There is still a lot of football to be played and narratives to be changed going into signing day.

Alabama is going to pop up on the radar somewhere down the stretch for sure. Don't be surprised if a current commit or a prime target that hasn't been involved with Alabama all of a sudden gets involved with Alabama

Man he is spinning his ass off. Classic deflection. Also, he said "Look at what they have on the roster and the track record of the coaches as on-field coaches and recruiters." What he doesn't realize is that next season that roster largely goes away, and Jimbo pissing away possibly the most talented team he will have while he is a head coach there with a 4 or 5 loss season is not a good look. Why? Because he didn't develop his QB room, or his OL room. Two areas that he micromanages himself. 

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Why the fuck does he pass the microphone to the other hand every time he changes direction?

Give the kid a break. This is his one shining moment. It is all downhill here from here. 

Edited by Vertigo

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Why the fuck does he keep jerking his leg up

I actually met that kid’s father at a wedding recently.  A living breathing insufferable stereotype: drives a maroon F-150, refused to be in the same room with the groom’s uncle until he took off his UT law hat.  Bragged that he told his kids he wouldn’t pay for their college unless they went to A&M.

Poor kid was doomed from the start, but it doesn’t look like the apple fell far from the tree.

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Asking why an aggy does something stupid/weird/cultish/insufferable/etc. is like asking why my 4 y/o puts an Easter basket on her head that supposedly gives her superpowers. No need to ask, they're aggys, stupid is what they excel at.

Edited by hook me
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

I actually met that kid’s father at a wedding recently.  A living breathing insufferable stereotype: drives a maroon F-150, refused to be in the same room with the groom’s uncle until he took off his UT law hat.  Bragged that he told his kids he wouldn’t pay for their college unless they went to A&M.

Poor kid was doomed from the start, but it doesn’t look like the apple fell far from the tree.

This is the critical background that makes surly what it is. What a pud.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:
1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Why the fuck does he pass the microphone to the other hand every time he changes direction?

I don't know the "official" answer to either question, but I would guess the answer is TURDITION.

• Hook 'Em 1

They bitch about the food. Constantly. 
If they complain about the food in Houston they need to get out of their hood now and then. Say what you want about Houston, (as a DFW resident I do..a lot) but Houston has any cuisine you can possibly imagine, and pretty good as well.
  • Hook 'Em 8

I used to work with an aggy who managed to get a maroon Toyota Tundra...from the factory. Those rubes force all truck makers to stock a shitty shade literally nobody but aggy would choose.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
On 9/30/2021 at 9:59 AM, billfromlaketravis said:
They bitch about the food. Constantly. 

If they complain about the food in Houston they need to get out of their hood now and then. Say what you want about Houston, (as a DFW resident I do..a lot) but Houston has any cuisine you can possibly imagine, and pretty good as well.

They mainly bitch about : crawfish, seafood, and of course creole and Cajun food. I asked a LSU guy, and 40 year Houston resident where I could get some good crawfish in town. He told me to drive Lake Charles.

It's just how they are. If it's not some shack in Lafayette it couldn't possibly be good Cajun food. 

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You'll never see an answer this accurate, concise, and objective within 50 miles of College Station. Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, after this Saturday's game against Bama, the aggys will be half way through their schedule and they have yet to play a game on the opposing team's home field.  Amazing.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

If I'm not mistaken, after this Saturday's game against Bama, the aggys will be half way through their schedule and they have yet to play a game on the opposing team's home field.  Amazing.

They will only have played one game in front of an opposing home crowd before November 13.  Just an insane schedule.

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They will only have played one game in front of an opposing home crowd before November 13.  Just an insane schedule.

Mizzou is their only true road game in September and October. 7 home games, 2 neutral sites, 3 true road games (Mizzou, Ole Miss, LSU). Their AD(s) I'm sure schemed it this way, but they had help at the SEC League Office. This is f***ing ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Mizzou is their only true road game in September and October. 7 home games, 2 neutral sites, 3 true road games (Mizzou, Ole Miss, LSU). Their AD(s) I'm sure schemed it this way, but they had help at the SEC League Office. This is f***ing ridiculous. 

I would agree but think of all of those home games they will probably lose and imagine when Calzone goes on a road trip to Death Valley. Can't wait.

• Like 1

(The sunshine is ... that he CANNOT make it to the Bama game ... 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣 )

Real quick note on Bryce Anderson

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Brian Perroni

He is cleared so he should be back playing this weekend against Humble. They play on Saturday night, so he won’t be able to be at the A&M game. I got sent this pic, saying that he is still completely solid with A&M. This is from this past weekend‘s game.

user generated

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

I used to work with an aggy who managed to get a maroon Toyota Tundra...from the factory. Those rubes force all truck makers to stock a shitty shade literally nobody but aggy would choose.

If the manufacturers are smart, they sell that color at a premium price. aggy will finance whatever amount it takes to have it.

54 minutes ago, Getafix said:

(The sunshine is ... that he CANNOT make it to the Bama game ... 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣 )

Brian Perroni

Reveal hidden contents

Brian Perroni

He is cleared so he should be back playing this weekend against Humble. They play on Saturday night, so he won’t be able to be at the A&M game. I got sent this pic, saying that he is still completely solid with A&M. This is from this past weekend‘s game.

user generated

Proof of life picture in a hostage situation.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It's just how they are. If it's not some shack in Lafayette it couldn't possibly be good Cajun food.

Just like dickhead Texans heaping scorn on all but a narrow range of BBQ. I'm from Texas. I love most of the variations. 

"Why can't we all just get along?" 

spacer.png

Think of the children!

Edited by RomaVicta

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

SEC to A&M: Think you can make a run for the playoffs?

spacer.png

A&M:

spacer.png

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.f216e234ce2346689350ed13b6512999.png Billy at minimum shabby classing the joint up.

Below, we have the totality of the hard core Aggie. Paraphrased to add coherence and brevity.

Everybody is keenly interested in and watching us. People laugh at us, but we're strong. They're weak and envious of our powerful displays of manful strength and enormous wealth. Jimbo knows how to win a natty [exactly one and he's already turned that chit in]. I know the man personally. I've looked into his soul.

spacer.png

image.png

image.png.5cbd6d8ab07c76989978a4c9a525be8d.png  or image.png.74b024d6bb14ac8d2e2947b22c8beb5c.png or image.png.3588995ff3a2d2badb3949663cd6a09d.png

You make the call!

Luicci is either really stupid or really crazy or both. It doesn't "bother"  anybody that a bunch of rich oil guys spent a bunch of money to get Jimbo Fischer. Rather, it's a source of endless amusement.  Aggies just agreed to spend 10 more years and 100 million dollars on the guy who dragged down Florida State and currently has the same record as the guy they forced out, who was costing them much, much less.   At least the other guy had an exciting team to watch on offense. Jimbo can't scheme his way out of the 1970s. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1