Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

12 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

What’s wild about them continually bashing calzada is he had a 25 yard TD run that kept them in the football game haha. He doesn’t call the plays. I think he’s handling the pressure of being a brand new starter on a super shitty offense pretty well actually. Jumbo is paid $9.5 mill a year to call awful plays and have maybe the worst clock management in all of college football. I’m pretty certain that was a 3 man rush that got to calzada for the safety also. Haynes king ain’t saving this anemic offense. Pleas let jimbo stay 5 more years so we can skull fuck them with sark. 

Haynes King better be taking steroids and having surgery to attach bionic limbs if he’s going to withstand the beating and become their savior. 

It might be nice if King shows up for the last couple games and shows some promise in their season ending losses. They'll pin all their playoff hopes on him for the next season and blame this season on his absence.  Next year really will be the year.  Tick, tick, tick...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RabidM said:

It might be nice if King shows up for the last couple games and shows some promise in their season ending losses. They'll pin all their playoff hopes on him for the next season and blame this season on his absence.  Next year really will be the year.  Tick, tick, tick...

Yes, or could have King come back, throw some more multi INT games and pin their hopes on a “true fish” QB like they often do

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Call me crazy, but I don’t think 10-2 is gonna play out. Too early to say on most of this, but I think it’s safe to say Calzone does not have an NFL arm.

Calzada can spin the shit out of a ball, but his issues are between the ears and with the plays being called.

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

Calzada can spin the shit out of a ball, but his issues are between the ears and with the plays being called.

Well - that - and the fact that he's never had any ability to control the bazooka attached to his shoulder.  His accuracy is shit and was shit in high school (I think he was a 50% completion guy in HS).  And he has no touch on the ball at all - everything comes in to the receiver at a thousand miles per hour.

Despite having 'an NFL arm' he was a three star because he's a shitty QB who doesn't have any feel for the game.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, RabidM said:

The reason this year was supposed to be “the year” is because how old the roster is.

Next year most likely will be just as bad if not worse with an entire rebuild in the D plus their only real talent on O. I would guess anyone that come out early will this year as well.

11 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The reason this year was supposed to be “the year” is because how old the roster is.

Next year most likely will be just as bad if not worse with an entire rebuild in the D plus their only real talent on O. I would guess anyone that come out early will this year as well.

Well, that and the likely hit to their record from adding Texas and OUsux to the schedule. 

Watching their game this weekend and I think they have a couple of good football players in the secondary in Chappell, and Antonio Johnson. They better hope neither of those guys transfer to greener pastures. Jaylon Jones really should be at safety and Demani seems have all but disappeared on the field.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:43 AM, NoName said:

I keep seing this across many forums here and quoted from Texags. 

Is this based on the assumption that there is a hidden cache of great plays that Jimbo has either chosen not to call or has forgotten about?

The only plays that work are ones that have been called many times and occasionally work such as Spiller's great, long run against Pig.

The only play-calling I generally criticize is a personel choice such as running small back in short yardage or the idiotic decsions coaches (including Sark) make regarding PATs or going for it on fourth down. Four points at the end of the Tech (I'm the idoit) TCU game would have been pretty fucking valuable. You don't know the value of a single point prior to the fourth quarter. Kick the fucking ball and take your fucking points.

I rely on others to explain offenses. Jimbo's offense isn't working. I can observe that his OL sucks, his QB is constantly harried, his schemes don't seem to get receivers open and when they are open they drop the ball. 

All of this is made worse by an unexceptional QB that Jimbo proclaimed as a future pro QB being charged with refloating a large ship that Jimbo crashed into an iceberg. All the while, Jimbo berates Calzada on TV during the game which is as good as blaming him for Jimbo's own failure.

I have real sympathy for Calzada. He directs an offense that is ineffective with the tools available. He plays before a merciless fanbase that is particularly stupid as evidenced by their belief that they would be racking up major points if only Jimbo would call the magic touchdown plays. 

And all but the nebulous play-calling blame falls on Calzada who either was or nearly was the subject of a BBQ intervention by Aggie Dads trying to buck him up so he wouldn't be such an abject failure bring the program down with him.

I hope he is getting high. I don't have the character to carry all the shit. I don't smoke, but I'd likely find something in pill or liquid form or both to make the burden feel lighter.

Fuck A&M. And fuck TCU. They were just like aggy last week. 

Edited by RomaVicta
Thank God I didn't publish the long version!
  • Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Well - that - and the fact that he's never had any ability to control the bazooka attached to his shoulder.  His accuracy is shit and was shit in high school (I think he was a 50% completion guy in HS).  And he has no touch on the ball at all - everything comes in to the receiver at a thousand miles per hour.

Despite having 'an NFL arm' he was a three star because he's a shitty QB who doesn't have any feel for the game.

agree with everything you said here.

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I keep seing this across many forums here and quoted from Texags. 

Is this based on the assumption that there is a hidden cache of great plays that Jimbo has either chosen not to call or has forgotten about?

The only plays that work are ones that have been called many times and occasionally work such as Spiller's great, long run against Pig.

The only play-calling I generally criticize is a personel choice such as running small back in short yardage or the idiotic decsions coaches (including Sark) make regarding PATs or going for it on fourth down. Four points at the end of the Tech game would have been pretty fucking valuable. You don't know the value of a single point prior to the fourth quarter. Kick the fucking ball and take your fucking points.

I rely on others to explain offenses. Jimbo's offense isn't working. I can observe that his OL sucks, his QB is constantly harried, his schemes don't seem to get receivers open and when they are open they drop the ball. 

All of this is made worse by an unexceptional QB that Jimbo proclaimed as a future pro QB being charged with refloating a large ship that Jimbo crashed into an iceberg. All the while, Jimbo berates Calzada on TV during the game which is as good as blaming him for Jimbo's own failure.

I have real sympathy for Calzada. He directs an offense that is ineffective with the tools available. He plays before a merciless fanbase that is particularly stupid as evidenced by their belief that they would be racking up major points if only Jimbo would call the magic touchdown plays. 

And all but the nebulous play-calling blame falls on Calzada who either was or nearly was the subject of a BBQ intervention by Aggie Dads trying to buck him up so he wouldn't be such an abject failure bring the program down with him.

I hope he is getting high. I don't have the character to carry all the shit. I don't smoke, but I'd likely find something in pill or liquid form or both to make the burden feel lighter.

Fuck A&M. And fuck TCU. They were just like aggy last week. 

from a 50,000' view, his offense isn't modern. that was more what my comment as about, not just calling the wrong plays.

he makes poor decisions (Spiller got no more rushes after the long rush vs ARK, averaged 6.3 YPC vs Miss State)

his offense ends up (it's a feature, not a bug) focusing on passes to TE and RB over WR.

ALL OF THIS plus we have 4 full games this year of the Zach Calzada experience and they somehow still can't find his strengths or plays that work - which is hilarious considering they are spending top 5 assistant pool money on their staff. this is some Tom Herman-level offensive bumbling. find something that works, if nothing works then you have fucked up in about a million ways from managing your room, to getting him in the first place, to not having backups in place, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The sad thing regarding Calzada is that there are things he does well.....he just has an arrogant leprechaun calling plays that won't tailor the offense to his strengths or minimize his weaknesses.  Instead Jimbo just leaves him out there twisting in the wind trying to run an offense that he isn't equipped to.  

I mean, if we could have a halfway functional offense(hey it was better than what they are currently rolling out in the station) with Case McCoy, Tyronne Swoopes, or Jerrod Heard while being coached by such offensive stalwarts as Shawn Watson, Jay Norvell, Joe Wickline(lol), and Tom Herman.....an offensive genius like the leprechaun should have no worries.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

The sad thing regarding Calzada is that there are things he does well.....he just has an arrogant leprechaun calling plays that won't tailor the offense to his strengths or minimize his weaknesses.  Instead Jimbo just leaves him out there twisting in the wind trying to run an offense that he isn't equipped to.  

I mean, if we could have a halfway functional offense(hey it was better than what they are currently rolling out in the station) with Case McCoy, Tyronne Swoopes, or Jerrod Heard while being coached by such offensive stalwarts as Shawn Watson, Jay Norvell, Joe Wickline(lol), and Tom Herman.....an offensive genius like the leprechaun should have no worries.

Agree.  For whatever reasons, Fisher doesn’t seem to do Calzada any favors with game planning or play calling.  Fisher throws him into the briar patch, then gives Calzada hell for not being Brer Rabbit.

Fisher’s use of Wedemeyer, Spiller, and Achane is puzzling …

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Yeah, I'm not defending Calzada (who does kind of suck) but his best play on Saturday was a scramble where he dodged a free rusher in the backfield and took off for a 25 yard td run. In other words, he made a play completely outside of Jimbo's offense. Same shit in CU when they managed to scrape out a W, all his best plays seemed to be scramble drills where he turned a blown up play-call into something. 

I remember the same thing constantly happening with Mond. He was athletic enough to make big plays in spots where there was nothing there, and Jimbo even tended to throw him under the bus for it iirc. Some shit like, "this offense works, quarterbacks just need to make the right reads" or something. Whoever the aggy was who said Jimbo's offense is hard to learn and easy to defend nailed it. If they don't have an elite OL and talent advantages at their skill positions it just doesn't work. 

Bottom line, Jimbo's caveman offense sets up his qbs to fail. Deep down, I think the propaganda ministry knows that and that's why they put so much hope in King's speed. They know their qb needs to be able to make something happen when his play-call fails. 

18 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Haynes King better be taking steroids and having surgery to attach bionic limbs if he’s going to withstand the beating and become their savior. 

aggy was planning on that, and was going to foot the bill, but gave all the money to Jimbo.

26 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@closetojumping posted in the "Tell me about Texas A&M" thread the possibility of a bunch of opt outs if a Bama' beat down occurs.  Specifically mentioned Spiller as the family/dad isn't real happy with the way things have gone.

Spiller is generally thought of as RB1 in this upcoming draft.  If aggy is on their way to a string of losses, and Jimbo is going to continue to fuck around with the RB rotations, I don't see much reason for Spiller to stick around.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Spiller is generally thought of as RB1 in this upcoming draft.  If aggy is on their way to a string of losses, and Jimbo is going to continue to fuck around with the RB rotations, I don't see much reason for Spiller to stick around.

Matthews is done for the season with injury as well. 

56 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hell after the shafting that Jimbo is giving him, I hope for his sake that Calzada transfers out.

5 hours ago, blacklab said:

What's the difference in 74-35 compared to 70-35? They would have had to go for 2 on 4 of the 5 touchdowns they were going to score?

I'm an idoit.

Regarding the Tech game, I was on a business virtual meeting: team building and shit. One guy mentioned his interest in the Ravens, so the call was taken over by football chiding which I find really boring.

When asked who I support I did a hook 'em with a smile. Two women, Tech grads, immediately did the horns down. I let it pass. They're good people and good at what they do.

One woman couldn't let it go and ranted about two terrible calls in the Tech game. Awful calls that cost Tech two scores. 

I let a second pass before calmly asking, "We won by 35 points. Are you suggesting two bad calls would have changed the outcome?"

Everybody cracked up. The other Tech grad told the ranter, "Let it go. They won."

"Yeah, but it wouldn't have been by so much."

No bad blood. We moved on. Frankly, I've always kind of liked Tech. It's so West Texas. 

I'd always kind of liked TCU as well, but that's not going to be the case for awhile. The Frogs are butthurt and resentful at another university just doing things in its best interests. The Fuck UT chant and manic horns down shots from the crowd pissed me off.

Fuck me? Fuck you, fuckball.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1