Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ll field this one for for our pal in Vancouver. What he’s saying is that the expectations from the aggy hype machine in regards to the defense are so contrary to the actual results on the field that his brain can’t process two such diametrically opposed concepts. Like someone trying to be a pacifist while also being pro-rape. So as a result, he’s implying there’s something we don’t know or understand happening behind the scenes causing such a seismic incongruity. Like an unreported covid outbreak. Or faeries. 

Whatever the mysterious reason, I’d bet good money he won’t settle on “culture issues” as the cause. He’ll almost certainly stick with faeries over Jumbo Fisher Culture Rot. 

IN SUMMARY:

From the outside, you can’t understand the bigger problem, and from the inside, you can’t explain it.

🙄

RottenCult.com website certifies the aggie football incompetence as-

“100% Fresh”

• Hook 'Em 1

two of the most entertaining things about college football to me are 1: the age of the humans involved (18-21 year old males are by and large idiots, and getting all of them moving in somewhat the same direction is a fascinating leadership exercise) and 2: the vast turnover from year to year, making every season more or less a new adventure in structure, dna, etc. unless you're saban's machine.

much of my bullishness on this year was watching us in very real time become a team you did not want to play in 2020. say whatever you will about the opponents, but we simply bludgeoned people to death and imparted our will as a football team in a way i had not seen a&m do in over 20 years - and even then, it was on defense, not all the way around. i had assumed that was now part of the dna, but perhaps not, and that's what makes these things such a fun year to year proposition.

as far as the dropoff at qb, as someone that has now seen king in person twice, and calzada twice, it aint close. king wasn't winning the heisman this year but you could see the vision, decisiveness and comfort growing by the series. i truly don't trust calzada to point out the mike without shitting himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ll field this one for for our pal in Vancouver. What he’s saying is that the expectations from the aggy hype machine in regards to the defense are so contrary to the actual results on the field that his brain can’t process two such diametrically opposed concepts. Like someone trying to be a pacifist while also being pro-rape. So as a result, he’s implying there’s something we don’t know or understand happening behind the scenes causing such a seismic incongruity. Like an unreported covid outbreak. Or faeries

Whatever the mysterious reason, I’d bet good money he won’t settle on “culture issues” as the cause. He’ll almost certainly stick with faeries over Jumbo Fisher Culture Rot. 

those fae folk are mutherfuckers.

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

king wasn't winning the heisman this year but you could see the vision, decisiveness and comfort growing by the series. i truly don't trust calzada to point out the mike without shitting himself. 

They cannot help themselves. Even when otherwise being seemingly reasonable. 

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, bizzle said:

two of the most entertaining things about college football to me are 1: the age of the humans involved (18-21 year old males are by and large idiots, and getting all of them moving in somewhat the same direction is a fascinating leadership exercise) and 2: the vast turnover from year to year, making every season more or less a new adventure in structure, dna, etc. unless you're saban's machine.

much of my bullishness on this year was watching us in very real time become a team you did not want to play in 2020. say whatever you will about the opponents, but we simply bludgeoned people to death and imparted our will as a football team in a way i had not seen a&m do in over 20 years - and even then, it was on defense, not all the way around. i had assumed that was now part of the dna, but perhaps not, and that's what makes these things such a fun year to year proposition.

as far as the dropoff at qb, as someone that has now seen king in person twice, and calzada twice, it aint close. king wasn't winning the heisman this year but you could see the vision, decisiveness and comfort growing by the series. i truly don't trust calzada to point out the mike without shitting himself. 

Holy shit, bludgeoned people? This is a hall of shame post for realz

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think my favorite part of all of this is the unquestioned agreement that the dude who threw three interceptions vs. Kent State would have solved all of their problems.

2 hours ago, bizzle said:

gonna go with probably not. the dropoff from king to whatever the fuck we're currently doing at qb is rather large, and i was flat wrong about the defense. i expected an ugly grind-it-out offense, but the lack of physicality from the defensive front 7 is shocking, and a sign of something weird behind the scenes. 

Lmao

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bizzle said:

much of my bullishness on this year was watching us in very real time become a team you did not want to play in 2020...

...say whatever you will about the opponents

Not to pile on but it's like you answer yourself yet you won't take your own reasoning.

And for real, you didn't think a green QB and two true FR on the O freaking line was going to set you back?  You guys can convince yourselves of anything.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

Did you not see NC with all their talent sitting out take you into the 4th quarter of your bowl game? 

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

i truly don't trust calzada to point out the mike without shitting himself. 

I hear there's a plan in place to address that.  It mostly involves grown adults that haven't played football in 25 years and haven't coached anyone past the age of 12. Oh, and BBQ.

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Your team was 34th in defensive FEI last year. lol Y’all just played a bunch of shitty teams. 

Texas was 13th in FEI and we fired our HC for sucking. Y’all were 17th in FEI, lost your starting QB and 4 OL and convinced yourselves you’d be a juggernaut this year. Never change, aggy. 

I think it is safe to say that we are about to find out if Canada is now hooked up to the Interwebs.

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

My favorite part is that literally their entire fanbase thought this exact same way. Not a single iota of self awareness among the entire lot of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

disgusted jack sparrow GIF

Hattersley - early visitor list when the Pirate visits next week.

Texas A&M has a couple of big recruiting weekends coming up, beginning with its Oct. 2 clash against Mississippi State.

Not only will quite a few commits be in town, the Aggies are also expected to host multiple five-star targets and others. GigEm247 will continue to update this list throughout the week but here is an early look at who could be on campus this weekend.

Edited by Getafix
Aaarrrghh!!!

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Bear Alexander visiting UGA this weekend.  Move to IMG already helping the Dawgs.

What happens if aggy doesn't get any of these 5* DL when they said they were getting all of them?  I mean, they all said they passed on Bledsoe, Bryant, ect because they are getting all the 5*'s.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Bear Alexander visiting UGA this weekend.  Move to IMG already helping the Dawgs.

What happens if aggy doesn't get any of these 5* DL when they said they were getting all of them?  I mean, they all said they passed on Bledsoe, Bryant, ect because they are getting all the 5*'s.

The Dylan Moses/Baron Browning/Dontavius Jackson LB year all over again.

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Please please please let him take some game snaps.  If that happens, fast track that decent on the roller coaster rails.  Stowers can run (or at least could before his acl) but has quite possibly the worst throwing motion I've ever seen.  As a QB I'd say he's easily worse than Calzada.  His only saving grace would be his "possible" ability to run.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Obviously they’d just take our guys away from us using a dash of real recruiting   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Please please please let him take some game snaps.  If that happens, fast track that decent on the roller coaster rails.  Stowers can run (or at least could before his acl) but has quite possibly the worst throwing motion I've ever seen.  As a QB I'd say he's easily worse than Calzada.  His only saving grace would be his "possible" ability to run.

They’d be better off with Stowers.  Just run him and those backs all game. Throw short occasionally to the backs and TEs.  Their offense would be better than the current one that scores about a TD a game against P5 teams.  

• Hook 'Em 1