Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Perroni says an aggy commit is taking an OV somewhere else.  I think it's the Georgia kid??
It would be a real shame if the smoke and mirrors narrative they've been spinning about Jimbo changing the culture at aggy and how they're ready to challenge bama in the west started breaking down in the face of abysmal performances during what was supposed to be the year it all came together for them and recruits started jumping ship regardless of the bags they're handing out.

It would just be so unfortunate to have to sit by and watch that happen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I'm ready to test the theory that losing 3-4 games may help their recruiting pitch.
The best part is saying that the chatter about offensive struggles is contained only to message boards.

Is the thinking that recruits who play football can't see the offense struggling when they watch the games or that they won't notice unless they read it on texags?
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The best part is saying that the chatter about offensive struggles is contained only to message boards.

Is the thinking that recruits who play football can't see the offense struggling when they watch the games or that they won't notice unless they read it on texags?

The Athletic featured “Time to judge Jimbo’s Offense?” in a headline. The narrative that they think only exists in their closed little cult is being discussed nationally. And recruits also have eyeballs, last time I checked. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sejjr said:

The Athletic featured “Time to judge Jimbo’s Offense?” in a headline. The narrative that they think only exists in their closed little cult is being discussed nationally. And recruits also have eyeballs, last time I checked. 

They're watching aggy games with Sark in his office for crying out loud. What do they think Sark is telling the recruits? "Well, that play was just bad luck. We all know that the Fightin' Texas Aggies are better than that!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

They're watching aggy games with Sark in his office for crying out loud. What do they think Sark is telling the recruits? "Well, that play was just bad luck. We all know that the Fightin' Texas Aggies are better than that!"
What's really telling to me is that sark was willing to put the game on with recruits in his office.

If aggy came back and performed well against a team that pounded us two weeks before, that's a bad look. Tells me sark had a lot of confidence in how that game would go and felt comfortable having it on.

If that's not damning, I don't know what is.
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

What's really telling to me is that sark was willing to put the game on with recruits in his office.

If aggy came back and performed well against a team that pounded us two weeks before, that's a bad look. Tells me sark had a lot of confidence in how that game would go and felt comfortable having it on.

If that's not damning, I don't know what is.

I don't even think that's it. I bet Sark hadn't watched a second of A&M film this season. I think it's just --- hey, there's a game on, let's watch it. Of course, for A&M it's some sort of sip conspiracy or dirty pool. If they don't want recruits to see them suck, they should either stop sucking or stop having their games televised.

21 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

We lived through a not explosive offense with Sam and Tom Herman. It's very hard to win anything when you are not explosive.

A&M YPP on Offense ranks 59th per FEI (5.8 yards per play), 82nd in plays that are 4+ yards (48.8%)(yikes) and 70th in Offensive Points per Drive at 2.05

Texas Last year, which got Tom Herman fired.

• YPP: 6.73 (20th)
  • 4+: 55.1% (52)
  • OPD: 3.06 (70th)

For comparison, Texas is currently 5th in OPD (4.21) and 14th in Offensive YPP (7.40)

The concerns about lack of tempo and explosiveness are valid. There were so many times during that Arkansas game that quarterback Zach Calzada stopped and looked at the sideline and the game seemingly ground to a halt. In college, you’re wasting an opportunity if you never use tempo to your advantage. And we know the expectations for Jimbo are national championship or bust. You don’t win national championships today without the ability to break off explosive plays. Right now, A&M is tied with Temple, Purdue and others at No. 91 nationally in 20-plus yard plays (15).

and

Most of all, if I’m an A&M fan, I’d be frustrated how the supposed quarterback guru doesn’t have a better option right now than Calzada, who’s looked indecisive and inaccurate. I realize Haynes King was the original choice, but they vied for the starting job deep into preseason, so I wouldn’t assume King is light years better.

and

It’s the only offense he’s ever run, and thanks to his latest massive guaranteed contract, he’s under zero pressure whatsoever to change it.

Full Jimbo part:

Hey Stew. At what point does the media start to look at Jimbo Fisher and his offense? For years, guys like Kirby Smart got ragged for not adapting, but Jimbo’s offense is extremely slow, extremely complicated and, quite frankly, not explosive at all in the passing game. In three of the past four seasons, they ranked no higher than 92nd in 30+ yard passing plays. On the sideline, it looks like he’s carrying a play sheet and notebooks thicker than a Bible. I get that winning a national title kind of gives guys a pass, but it’s been eight years since his national title. — Chris P., Tyler Texas

I was having a conversation about Jimbo last week with one of my friends (not an A&M fan!) who thinks the media doesn’t give him enough respect. He is, after all, one of just five active coaches with a national title ring. Last season he produced a top-five season at his second school. And look at all of the quarterbacks he’s put in the NFL — most recently Kellen Mond. But there are others who look at that same resume and say, “Well, what has he really done outside of those two amazing Florida State seasons with Jameis Winston? He left FSU a dumpster fire, and his 29-11 record so far at Texas A&M is identical to Kevin Sumlin’s through 40 games.”

Jimbo is definitely old school in his adherence to a complex, NFL-style offense. That doesn’t necessarily mean it lacks creativity. Since last season he’s found a lot of creative ways to get the ball in the hands of playmaker Ainias Smith and Devon Achane. He’s also the rare coach nowadays who really uses his tight ends as difference-makers. If nothing else, defenses today aren’t used to seeing so many two-back and two-tight end formations.

The concerns about lack of tempo and explosiveness are valid. There were so many times during that Arkansas game that quarterback Zach Calzada stopped and looked at the sideline and the game seemingly ground to a halt. In college, you’re wasting an opportunity if you never use tempo to your advantage. And we know the expectations for Jimbo are national championship or bust. You don’t win national championships today without the ability to break off explosive plays. Right now, A&M is tied with Temple, Purdue and others at No. 91 nationally in 20-plus yard plays (15).

Most of all, if I’m an A&M fan, I’d be frustrated how the supposed quarterback guru doesn’t have a better option right now than Calzada, who’s looked indecisive and inaccurate. I realize Haynes King was the original choice, but they vied for the starting job deep into preseason, so I wouldn’t assume King is light years better. This is Year 4 for Fisher. He had plenty of time to recruit and groom four-year starter Mond’s successor. He felt confident enough in both to move 2021 quarterback signee Eli Stowers to tight end for the time being.

However the rest of the season plays out, though, I wouldn’t expect to see Fisher chucking that phonebook play sheet any time soon. It’s the only offense he’s ever run, and thanks to his latest massive guaranteed contract, he’s under zero pressure whatsoever to change it. Hopefully for the Aggies’ sake, both Calzada and that offensive line start improving. A CBS primetime date with Alabama looms Oct. 9.

Mandel's Mailbag:

Spoiler

Mandel’s Mailbag: Is QB parity the reason for CFB’s chaotic season so far? Is it time to judge Jimbo Fisher’s offense?

COLLEGE STATION, TX - SEPTEMBER 18: Quarterback Zach Calzada #10 of the Texas A&M Aggies and head coach Jimbo Fisher talk before the game between Texas A&M Aggies and the New Mexico Lobos at Kyle Field on September 18, 2021 in College Station, Texas. (Photo by Alex Bierens de Haan/Getty Images)
By Stewart Mandel Sep 29, 2021 comment-icon.png 154 save-icon.png

Saturday was another highly entertaining day of games. Only later did it occur to me that, after years and years of acclimating myself to 46-41 shootouts, I watched and enjoyed three high-profile games decided by scores of 16-13 (Oklahoma-West Virginia), 20-10 (Arkansas-Texas A&M) and, in the case of Notre Dame-Wisconsin, 41-13, but with only 20 offensive points by the Irish.

Something’s happening here.

(Note: Submitted questions have been lightly edited for length and clarity.)

Lots of chaos and unpredictability so far this season = more fun as a fan. But why is there more chaos this year? Is it because individual teams (Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma) each are having issues at the same time, or is there a trend at play that’s not easy to see yet? — Kerry L.

There is no shortage of theories out there, but one aspect in particular stands out to me: There just aren’t that many great quarterbacks in college football this year. And, with the exception of Alabama’s Bryce Young, the ones playing at a high level aren’t necessarily playing for the usual powerhouse programs.

For years, quarterbacks have only been getting more and more skilled, and there was no reason to suspect that trend would reverse itself. Coming into this season, the nine highest single-season pass efficiency ratings in FBS history had all come since 2016. Baker Mayfield broke Russell Wilson’s record in 2016, then broke his own record the following year. Tua Tagovailoa and Kyler Murray both topped Mayfield in ’18. Joe Burrow topped both of theirs in ’19, and then Mac Jones topped Burrows’ in ’20.

Note that all of those guys played for teams that reached the College Football Playoff. And that list doesn’t even include several other highly-rated quarterbacks from the nation’s premier programs over that time period, such as Clemson’s Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence and Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields. It’s easy to forget that it wasn’t always the case that every national title contender had a superstar quarterback. Alabama won its first four under Nick Saban with Greg McElroy (sorry, Greg), A.J. McCarron and Jacob Coker.

The fact that Alabama took its usual band of future pros and added quarterbacks such as Jalen Hurts, Tagovailoa and Jones on top of them, or that Clemson transitioned from the greatest quarterback in program history (Watson) to the next greatest in program history (Lawrence) is the primary reason those teams have felt so invincible recently. And then the fact they all had another five-star waiting in the wings led most of us to assume that a Clemson (with DJ Uiagalelei) or Oklahoma (Spencer Rattler) would rinse and repeat.

It’s still early, but looking at the names at the top of the passing chart right now shows that this year’s “star” signal callers are more dispersed. The current highest-rated quarterback, Coastal Carolina’s Grayson McCall, plays in the Sun Belt. Others play at Pitt (Kenny Pickett), Oregon State (Chance Nolan), Western Kentucky (Bailey Zappe) and Liberty (Malik Willis). Alabama’s Young is the only guy in the top 10 who plays for a top-10 team, though Matt Corral’s Ole Miss team isn’t far out at No. 12.

The top programs hording all the top quarterbacks unquestionably contributed to the perception of the sport being too top-heavy. For whatever reason, that’s not the case this year, and not coincidentally, the field suddenly feels a bit more even.

Hey Stew. At what point does the media start to look at Jimbo Fisher and his offense? For years, guys like Kirby Smart got ragged for not adapting, but Jimbo’s offense is extremely slow, extremely complicated and, quite frankly, not explosive at all in the passing game. In three of the past four seasons, they ranked no higher than 92nd in 30+ yard passing plays. On the sideline, it looks like he’s carrying a play sheet and notebooks thicker than a Bible. I get that winning a national title kind of gives guys a pass, but it’s been eight years since his national title. — Chris P., Tyler Texas

I was having a conversation about Jimbo last week with one of my friends (not an A&M fan!) who thinks the media doesn’t give him enough respect. He is, after all, one of just five active coaches with a national title ring. Last season he produced a top-five season at his second school. And look at all of the quarterbacks he’s put in the NFL — most recently Kellen Mond. But there are others who look at that same resume and say, “Well, what has he really done outside of those two amazing Florida State seasons with Jameis Winston? He left FSU a dumpster fire, and his 29-11 record so far at Texas A&M is identical to Kevin Sumlin’s through 40 games.”

Jimbo is definitely old school in his adherence to a complex, NFL-style offense. That doesn’t necessarily mean it lacks creativity. Since last season he’s found a lot of creative ways to get the ball in the hands of playmaker Ainias Smith and Devon Achane. He’s also the rare coach nowadays who really uses his tight ends as difference-makers. If nothing else, defenses today aren’t used to seeing so many two-back and two-tight end formations.

Most of all, if I’m an A&M fan, I’d be frustrated how the supposed quarterback guru doesn’t have a better option right now than Calzada, who’s looked indecisive and inaccurate. I realize Haynes King was the original choice, but they vied for the starting job deep into preseason, so I wouldn’t assume King is light years better. This is Year 4 for Fisher. He had plenty of time to recruit and groom four-year starter Mond’s successor. He felt confident enough in both to move 2021 quarterback signee Eli Stowers to tight end for the time being.

However the rest of the season plays out, though, I wouldn’t expect to see Fisher chucking that phonebook play sheet any time soon. It’s the only offense he’s ever run, and thanks to his latest massive guaranteed contract, he’s under zero pressure whatsoever to change it. Hopefully for the Aggies’ sake, both Calzada and that offensive line start improving. A CBS primetime date with Alabama looms Oct. 9.

Are we sure Penn State is that good? Wisconsin outgained them by 68 yards, had 18 more first downs, and had the ball for nearly 43 minutes. Auburn has played nobody outside of Penn State and barely escaped with a win against Georgia State last weekend. Are the Nittany Lions really the fourth-best team in the country? — Robert K.

I’m not sure about much of anything right now. Sure, it’s possible Penn State has an inflated ranking right now. And for that, the Nittany Lions can thank the Big Ten, which smartly took a page out of the SEC’s scheduling book this year and is seeing the fruits of it.

The Big Ten this year played four league games in Week 1, and look what happened. No. 19 Penn State topped No. 12 Wisconsin on the road and immediately jumped eight places. Today, it’s clear the Badgers aren’t the team we expected them to be, but the Nittany Lions by now have soared into the top 5. Similarly, preseason No. 18 Iowa beat No. 17 Indiana, then followed it up with a win over No. 9 Iowa State, and rose a combined 13 spots. Today, we know both the Hoosiers and Cyclones aren’t what we thought they’d be, but it’s not like Iowa gets retroactively reevaluated.

Thus, even with Ohio State losing to Oregon, the Big Ten has two top-5 teams. And I’m fine with it because we should reward teams that post quality wins. My only gripe is that Arkansas isn’t right there with them, rather than sitting two spots behind an Oklahoma team that has no win comparable to the pair of Texas and Texas A&M.

I have Penn State as a projected Playoff team right now because the Big Ten champ is likely getting in (unless it loses twice), and the Nittany Lions feel like more of a finished product right now than Ohio State, for one. The Buckeyes have all those weapons on offense, but their defense is a mess. The defensive coordinator got demoted after two games. A guy just quit in the middle of a game. Meanwhile, Penn State is playing with a lot of confidence. Say what you will about the competition; that defense, with guys such as Arnold Ebiketie, Jesse Luketa, Ellis Brooks and Jaquan Brisker, is really good. Quarterback Sean Clifford looks more comfortable playing for offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich, and he gets to throw to one of the nation’s most dangerous receivers, Jahan Dotson.

Of those two top-5 teams, I’m having more buyer’s remorse on Iowa. The Hawkeyes’ offense ranks 119th in the country in yards per play (4.6). It ran away in those two big early-season games primarily by forcing so many turnovers. That’s not something a team can count on every week. Last week against Colorado State it had one, a recovered fumble at the Rams’ 6-yard line, which it turned into a touchdown, and still scored just 24 points. I actually think 4-0 Maryland might beat the Hawkeyes on Friday.

The one Big Ten team no one is talking about as a legit contender is Michigan State. The Spartans are undefeated, have the nation’s leading rusher, Kenneth Walker, and beat Northwestern and Miami on the road. But nobody seems to believe yet they’re in the same ballpark as Penn State/Iowa/Ohio State. Maybe because they didn’t get that Week 1 bump from beating a highly-ranked team.

Why does Dan Mullen get flak for not recruiting at a high level and still winning, but someone like Kirk Ferentz doesn’t because he’s built “a culture” and “an infrastructure” and “recruits players who fit his system?” — Daniel P., Sarasota, Fla.

Because Mullen is in the state of Florida while Ferentz is in the state of Iowa.

What’s holding up the vote on Playoff expansion? Is it just that they can’t decide when to start it and whether to take it to the open market for bidding? Seems like best-case scenario for all conferences. — Adam J.

Back in June, the 12-team Playoff proposal was billed as a win-win for all involved. The Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 would likely no longer have to worry about their champions being left out. The SEC would be able to put more teams in. Notre Dame would have more chances as an at-large than it would in either the current system or an eight-team field with automatic berths. The Group of 5 would finally have access to the national championship. And the current New Year’s Six Bowls would become more, not less, relevant.

All of those things are still true today, but once Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC happened, no one trusted anyone else’s motives and now the whole thing is being re-evaluated.

I will say, in hindsight, the entire process that led to where we are now was ill-conceived. The presidents commissioned that secret working group of Greg Sankey, Bob Bowlsby, Jack Swarbrick and Craig Thompson to come up with a new system without yet knowing whether they could get out of the current one early. The CFP then had those guys go public with their very detailed, very enticing proposal without yet knowing whether it had approval from the other conferences. And while I’m sure in January 2019 it seemed fine to let a subgroup, rather than the entire management committee, drill down on details, it failed to account for the possibility that the three Power 5 conferences not included (ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12) would all change commissioners by the time the process concluded and feel cut out.

But realignment or not, I now believe expansion was never going to happen before 2026 because of the ESPN factor. Even before Sankey pissed everyone off, several of the other commissioners believed it would be unwise not to take the expanded Playoff to the open market. Not just because they’d deprive themselves of a potential bidding war between competing networks, but because allowing one company to air the entire four-week event might cause the others to pull back on their investment in the regular season. Kevin Warren and George Kliavkoff, in particular, have strong incentive to keep Fox and CBS on their good side in advance of their own leagues’ new deals in 2023 and ’24, respectively.

Which again raises the question: Why did they put that 12-team model out there and get the public excited about it if there was a possibility it might not happen for another five years? It makes no sense, and it only undermines the current system. So we’ll see how many more months they drag this thing out, but whether it starts in 2024, ’25 or ’26, it’s going to be 12 teams. The SEC and Notre Dame won’t agree to eight teams unless there’s four at-large berths, but the other conferences won’t agree to eight teams if there aren’t more than four automatics, so all this drama is basically just going to lead right back to where they started.

If Ole Miss wins 11 games this year, where is Lane (Kiffin) headed? — Matt T.

Well, USC needs a coach, doesn’t it? Lane doesn’t need directions to the football complex.

Booing your own team in college football – yea or nay? For individual players, does it depend on if the kid has profited off NIL yet? Should colleges start including this info in gameday programs so we can boo with appropriate volume relative to players’ earnings? — Mark P., Austin, TX (Sooner fan FYI)

In general, no, I’m not a fan of booing college teams. I’m not sure what it achieves. If anything, it’s only going to hurt players’ confidence and negatively affect morale. Lincoln Riley is not going to decide who he plays at quarterback based on whether people in Section 233 are cheering or booing. Fortunately, I don’t hear it all that much, and when I do, it’s usually in a pro market such as Miami or L.A., and it’s directed at a coach who the fan base wants fired. (See Helton, Clay.)

That’s what made the Rattler situation so jarring Saturday night. It was clear as day they were specifically booing him, their struggling star quarterback (and chanting backup Caleb Williams’ name), in the middle of a close game that Oklahoma ended up winning. And it would not surprise me at all if Rattler’s highly visible NIL deals contributed to fans feeling more empowered to boo a 20-year-old college player than maybe they would have in the past.

I wasn’t entirely sure how to address NIL in my story on Rattler last week. I know there are fans out there who weren’t necessarily keen on NIL to begin with that see his struggles — as well as those of Wisconsin’s Graham Mertz and Clemson’s Uiagalelei — as some sort of karmic payback for being too high on themsleves with their logos and Dr Pepper commercials. Many have theorized that Rattler is “too distracted” by his extracurriculars. It’s as if these guys are supposed to be football-playing robots who only ever eat, sleep, lift, watch film, practice and go to bed. Only those close to him would know how the money and fame is affecting him. All I know is, when Aaron Rodgers or Chris Paul has a bad game, nobody suggests it’s because of their State Farm ads.

But fairly or not, Rattler tweeting out car dealership promos does expose him to more criticism when he doesn’t play well. In that way, he is sort of a professional athlete at this point. If people perceive you’re out there making big bucks, then they expect you to earn them. If they think you’re being too cocky, they relish the chance to put you back in your place. Because of that, it would not surprise me if booing like we saw Saturday night becomes more commonplace for high-profile players.

Which game is worse: UConn vs. Vanderbilt this weekend, or UConn vs UMass next weekend? — Matthew B.

According to Jeff Sagarin’s ratings, Saturday night’s game is a matchup of No. 128 Vandy vs. No. 187 UConn. That’s pretty bad. Next week is No. 181 UMass vs. No. 187 UConn. Even worse, right?

Except Vandy is a 14-point favorite, and the Commodores are probably going to win by more than that. They’re still an SEC team that won a road game against Colorado State. Whereas UConn-UMass, as of today, would be considered a toss-up.

So we’re talking a regional rivalry game, between two teams both looking for their first wins since 2019, for the right to not be called the worst team in FBS. Shoot, send GameDay to Amherst right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Holy shit that is great - already throwing Haynes King aside - because 'Conner Weigman isn't coming to sit'.

And pissing themselves over Texas watching an aggy game - because they're 'desperate'.

Why is this any different than the usual run the other team's video and point out the flaws that every team does?

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

yep. Deyon Bouie is taking an OV to UGA. 

https://247sports.com/player/deyon-bouie-46056593/

That would be embarrassing for A&M if they lost him, considering he's a cousin of Nick Williams (analyst at A&M hired to bring in Bear and Bouie). I don't specifically follow TX recruiting as much as y'all, but it also feels like Perkins is having his doubts about A&M as well. It was always a bit weird that they've considered him a lock for months when Tyler Santucci of all people is his main recruiter.

20 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

That would be embarrassing for A&M if they lost him, considering he's a cousin of Nick Williams (analyst at A&M hired to bring in Bear and Bouie). I don't specifically follow TX recruiting as much as y'all, but it also feels like Perkins is having his doubts about A&M as well. It was always a bit weird that they've considered him a lock for months when Tyler Santucci of all people is his main recruiter.

Seeing that both Bear and Bouie are visiting Dawg soon, what might that suggest about Nick Williams?

Regarding Perkins, after this past weekend, it is known.

Tyler Santucci or not, aggy is the epitome of false bravado and confidence. You know this George.

12 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Ok, that makes more sense. I know some complete fuck ups that got into LSU but no where else.

For fuck’s sake man, the tweet said “easier to get to.” Not “get into.” We talkin’ ‘bout geography. 

tell us you actually graduated from LSU without telling us that you actually graduated from LSU. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Also, I thought it was Harris that was watching the game with Banks and Sark?  Hell it was more than likely the game was just on on a TV somewhere.

The recruit said he watched part of the game with coaches in one of the offices. I think it happened as you describe. Coincidence.

Aggies and Brauniger, typically, bending this into a full blown recruiting move plotted by ebil tu.

Also typical of Aggies is the long, calm, stupid explanation of their bent reality.

You see, Vince Young is a great athlete. Reggie McNeal is a great quarterback....

So many posts started with that tired shit even though every time it was presented as some astonishingly new insight about football and the quarterback position.

You see, recruits take in the whole season..

Only the chronic, ambulatory dumbass sees the obvious and obviously wrong as brilliant.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He did. He claims a degree in sociology from there but who the fuck knows if he finished? He’s the single biggest reason I stopped allowing people with LSU degrees to even be considered for interviews. 

LSU was probably a compromise school thanks to his aggy uncle in Cypress who pushes football recruits away from Texas. Now I'll know for sure if @SydneyCarton went to LSU if he is fluent in 'ogre.'

Edited by UDontKnow

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

LSU was probably a compromise school thanks to his aggy uncle in Cypress who pushes football recruits away from Texas. Now I'll know for sure if @SydneyCarton went to LSU if he is fluent in 'ogre.'

This is a man who has taken pride in a real world performance art-esque portrayal of Ignatius J Reilly. He’s fluent in all aspects of Louisiana culture and behavior. We busted him on multiple occasions just dumping work product, that he was supposed to be QA’ing, into trash bins behind the office building. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is a man who has taken pride in a real world performance art-esque portrayal of Ignatius J Reilly. He’s fluent in all aspects of Louisiana culture and behavior. We busted him on multiple occasions just dumping work product, that he was supposed to be QA’ing, into trash bins behind the office building. 

I take heart in the fact that I know you’re laughing so hard you might legit give yourself a fucking hernia. 

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

BSEE '04 from UT. I can't imagine spending 4 years in Baton Rouge. Sounds like torture

I have a friend in my MBA cohort (top-20 program) who grew up in Baton Rouge, went to LSU for undergrad, and afterwards worked as a paleontologist in oil and gas in Houston. He's extremely sharp, but he absolutely loves Baton Rouge. Granted, this guy also loved living in Houston, so that makes me question his sanity even more. Like you, under normal circumstances, living in Baton Rouge (or really, anywhere in that state) sounds like torture to me.

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

I have a friend in my MBA cohort (top-20 program) who grew up in Baton Rouge, went to LSU for undergrad, and afterwards worked as a paleontologist in oil and gas in Houston. He's extremely sharp, but he absolutely loves Baton Rouge. Granted, this guy also loved living in Houston, so that makes me question his sanity even more. Like you, under normal circumstances, living in Baton Rouge (or really, anywhere in that state) sounds like torture to me.

Have you ever met a Baton Rouge to Houston transplant that wasn't thankful as hell? I haven't.