2019 Houston Texans

The Earl of Texas

I'm sure the Texans will blame the highly successful Astros game competing (which was meaningless in the grand scheme of things) and the Dish Network controversy, but the truth hurts. The Texans have actually shrunk their football footprint across the state from what the Oilers had back in the day.
The Texans have done nothing to promote themselves outside Houston since day one. I never understood why they don't do more like the Astros. Astros have various events in Austin every year. I've never seen anything promoted by the Texans. I guess they are happy just selling out NRG every week and nothing more
  • Like 2

Great team win today by our Texans. I hate Bill O’Brien but have to give him credit calling a good game. Ball got out of Deshaun’s hands quickly and had some intermediate routes to throw finally. Fuller was incredible and shows how dangerous he can be when healthy. Our safeties are proving to be one of the strengths of our defense, Gipson and Reid both had great games. Most fun home game I have been to since Deshaun’s rookie year in the game against the Titans 

The 3rd phase of the game today was very troubling and is the only thing that takes away from a great performance. How much longer are we going to stick with Fairbairn and why hasn’t our special teams coach figured out what he is doing causing his kicks to tail off to the right. You’d think with all of the tape they have that they can pinpoint what’s going on. 

I still think he has a lot of talent and can be an asset like he was last year but if he has another game like today we should be looking for another kicker.

Way too many penalties on returns and the muff was inexcusable. What needs to happen to fix this shit.

Side note kid had a great time. Got pair of gloves from #11 of the Falcons. Played catch with JJ. His first NFL game858ef789ec805915e5ba58a48029ec10.jpga483f9790fded970b279bbf7a6fe65a2.jpgead612ad91fecd3ae79c8411c7a70824.jpg
No big deal, just getting love from two of the biggest stars in the NFL. JJ and Julio Jones (Falcons #11).

Just a regular day in the life for our man.
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2019 at 9:22 PM, The Earl of Texas said:

If the Texans hadn't traded all of their picks for the next 10 years to erase draft mistakes then maybe they could do something to go get Ramsey.  I doubt that the Jags would trade him within the division, but the Texans have absolutely nothing to offer here.  Maybe he doesn't sign an extension and becomes a FA?