Cowboys @ Redskins: Week 2

Vic Mackey

With another pass rusher to bookend Lawrence, this team would be elite. Like SB elite.
So Gregory is back next week? His suspension got reduced to just three games? Apologies for not keeping up during offseason.

No Quinn will be back. Had 2 games.

No word on Gregory.
  • Like 1

Just now, Drew said:

No Quinn will be back. Had 2 games.

No word on Gregory.

OK, thanks. Recall Gregory being suspended indefinitely, but then we extended him, so I've no idea wtf is going on.

And for the love of Tom Landry, the pick wasn't a good pass from Dak, but he had just slipped a tackle and was off balance. I'm sure he would tell you he should've done better. But you also expect a skilled vet like Cobb to do better.

OK, thanks. Recall Gregory being suspended indefinitely, but then we extended him, so I've no idea wtf is going on.
And for the love of Tom Landry, the pick wasn't a good pass from Dak, but he had just slipped a tackle and was off balance. I'm sure he would tell you he should've done better. But you also expect a skilled vet like Cobb to do better.

Agreed. But it’s a far cry from a “not good pass” to a terrible one.

Just now, Drew said:

Agreed. But it’s a far cry from a “not good pass” to a terrible one.

Eh, I'm sure Dak would admit it was a bad pass. Just the kind of guy he is.

But he and the team got over it and moved on to whip dat Injun azz. We should, too.

And can't speak effusively enough to how composed and correct Dak is looking with Kellen calling the shots. They's like peas and carrots, Jenny.

yvJjmOo.gif

Even the pussies still shitting on Dak for the tipped INT have to admit that cowboys receivers only play with 2 options:

1. Catch the ball that hits you in both hands. 

2. Tip the ball with both of your hands straight up in the air so it gives the maximum amount of time for a defender to catch it. 

Weren't like 50-70% of his picks last year off of receivers hands? 

2-0, both win in the division. Love this start.

This receiving group is really good. Fuck Beasley. Cobb is so much better.

Zeke somehow ended up with 111 and I was actually watching the game!

Dak - Another fantastic, well managed game with some really nice throws down the field.

Kellen - Pleasantly surprised in these first 2 games. He's done a great job so far and has defenses on their heels. We'll see how that measures up to the tougher ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Tell me, what QB in the league is playing better than Dak right now? @futureman @Junior Miller

Why did you mention me? I never said Dak was a bad QB. I said we needed to see what he could do with more of the offense on his shoulders and not relying on Zeke before they gave a contract to Dak or Zeke. What we're seeing is when Moore goes heavy pass more playaction he's capable of carrying the team and wasting 15 mil a year on a RB was a stupid move. 

Dallas has opened up as 16.5pt favorites against Miami next week. They have scored 10pts total this year. NE beat them today 43-0 on the road and covered their 19pt spread. They might be one of the worst NFL teams we have seen in a long time. Especially after they showed they were tanking by trading the remaining offensive talent they had to Houston.

NYG and Washington are well below us in terms of talent and we easily took care of both in dominating fashion. That is something we didn't see much from Linehan's offense. We'd bog down and get predictable and then allow the other team to play close. We manufactured so many close games because we refused to keep attacking. So far so good with the Kellen Moore experiment. The Saints game in 2 weeks will be the real fun test to see where we are.

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

It appears Gallup has made the next step up that most players can’t do.  That’s the biggest improvement I seen except for getting Fredrick back to anchor the line.  He’s return is huge.

In essence, Frederick was like a free agent pickup. We didn't have him last year. This offense has such a new dymamic this year. Cooper is now starting the year here after half a season last year and a full offseason. Gallup is now in his 2nd year, which is usually when good WRs start to make their leap. We added Cobb. As much as I was against bringing Witten back, he has delivered.

Think about the offense to start last year. No Frederick. Beasley and Hurns were our number 1 and 2 guys. Gallup was a rookie. 

This offense has the potential to be dangerous. In 2016, they were very efficient and wore teams out on the ground. This year, they are much more potent. 

• Like 1