Gators @ Tigers (-14.5) 10/12/19 7pm ESPN

Loco

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but it blows me away that so many people were upset by this. It’s just...what you’re supposed to do when you’re getting ambushed by a no huddle offense. You have to find a way to slow them down at least a little bit. This isn’t about telling the truth. There’s no way of knowing if someone has a cramp or not. It was frustrating to no end that we didn’t do this to LSU

Just because it works (not that it worked against us) doesn't mean it's not bush-league.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Just because it works (not that it worked against us) doesn't mean it's not bush-league.

Sure, but most teams do it. Are we trying to play fair or are we trying to gain a competitive advantage and win the damn game? If teams are going to do it against us, we need to do it. Period. I don’t see how that’s even debatable. I don’t give a fuck if anyone thinks it’s bush league. There are levels to Bush league. Faking cramps is pretty low on the list of Bush league things you could do in a football game. It would be one thing if LSU was the only team that did it, but everyone does it (except for us because we’re on a moral high horse). 

Also, I agree that it didn’t really work that well for them, but it still slowed down our tempo and gave them a chance to gain their composure. We just stubbornly let joe Burrow go at whatever tempo he wanted and we couldn’t do a damn thing to stop it.

Stealing signs in baseball is also considered “Bush league”, but if other teams are doing it, it would be really dumb not to.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Sure, but most teams do it. Are we trying to play fair or are we trying to gain a competitive advantage and win the damn game? If teams are going to do it against us, we need to do it. Period. I don’t see how that’s even debatable. I don’t give a fuck if anyone thinks it’s bush league. There are levels to Bush league. Faking cramps is pretty low on the list of Bush league things you could do in a football game. It would be one thing if LSU was the only team that did it, but everyone does it (except for us because we’re on a moral high horse). 

Also, I agree that it didn’t really work that well for them, but it still slowed down our tempo and gave them a chance to gain their composure. We just stubbornly let joe Burrow go at whatever tempo he wanted and we couldn’t do a damn thing to stop it.

Stealing signs in baseball is also considered “Bush league”, but if other teams are doing it, it would be really dumb not to.

What are the "most teams" you're talking about?  Offenses in the B12 have been running variations of HUNH for a long time, yet B12 defenses have never resorted to this bush league bullshit.  Why do you think Texas fans were so shocked that LSU kept on doing it?  Because we've never seen anything like it, in over two decades of B12 football.  

You can certainly have your opinion that Texas players should have fallen on the ground and faked a bunch of injuries, just as LSU did.  But saying "most teams do it" is completely inaccurate.  We've never seen anything like it in the B12, not even close.

Edited by utee94

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

What are the "most teams" you're talking about?  Offenses in the B12 have been running variations of HUNH for a long time, yet B12 defenses have never resorted to this bush league bullshit.  Why do you think Texas fans were so shocked that LSU kept on doing it?  Because we've never seen anything like it, in over two decades of B12 football.  

You can certainly have your opinion that Texas players should have fallen on the ground and faked a bunch of injuries, just as LSU did.  But saying "most teams do it" is completely inaccurate.  We've never seen anything like it in the B12, not even close.

I honestly didn’t mean to derail the thread (even though in hindsight, that comment was always going to) but this was always a big talking point for the broadcast when teams were facing chip Kelly lead teams. Both in college and the nfl. It’s been pretty fucking common ever since. I literally see it every Saturday, and that isn’t hyperbole. If you were going to be the team to play it by the book and never bend any rules, fine. But I’m trying to do whatever I can to win a close game, and if my team is just getting dominated, and it’s obvious they need to catch their breath, I would hope that we aren’t the team that says “no we can’t do that. Even though it’s impossible for the refs to know one way or the other, we know it’s breaking the rules.” Fuck outta here with that thought process. If other teams are going to do it to us, I want to do it, because it’s smart. Bush league I guess, but smart. We’ve been bad for too long to worry about shit like that. It’s no more Bush league than stealing the other teams signs/hand signals. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I honestly didn’t mean to derail the thread (even though in hindsight, that comment was always going to) but this was always a big talking point for the broadcast when teams were facing chip Kelly lead teams. Both in college and the nfl. It’s been pretty fucking common ever since. I literally see it every Saturday, and that isn’t hyperbole. If you were going to be the team to play it by the book and never bend any rules, fine. But I’m trying to do whatever I can to win a close game, and if my team is just getting dominated, and it’s obvious they need to catch their breath, I would hope that we aren’t the team that says “no we can’t do that. Even though it’s impossible for the refs to know one way or the other, we know it’s breaking the rules.” Fuck outta here with that thought process. If other teams are going to do it to us, I want to do it, because it’s smart. Bush league I guess, but smart. We’ve been bad for too long to worry about shit like that. It’s no more Bush league than stealing the other teams signs/hand signals. 

I mean, you believe you're making your point.  But you're actually making mine.  

So, thanks I guess?

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but it blows me away that so many people were upset by this. It’s just...what you’re supposed to do when you’re getting ambushed by a no huddle offense. You have to find a way to slow them down at least a little bit. This isn’t about telling the truth. There’s no way of knowing if someone has a cramp or not. It was frustrating to no end that we didn’t do this to LSU

Fuck you. Lying about it after with the no AC lie showed they knew what they were doing and it's embarrassing. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Horrible play call.  Lucky play.

I liked the play call, the execution was bad, but give Emory credit, it's forth down, throw it up, you don't have much to lose...  that said...he'll yeah that was lucky 

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, he was a nightmare last year too. Not sure why Reese wasn’t in the middle there.  

The gators are daring LSU to beat them either on the ground or through the air ...  their choice, we are flexible 

Edited by Loco
  • Haha 1