Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

6166551286_3ffe4d2870_b.jpg

I will admit, it's not looking awesome  decent.  I sure hope the offense returns from the dead so at least they can build some excitement and prove a lot of the negative recruiting wrong...  I'll still wait till the end of this crootin' season to panic, but thanks for thinking about us.

On 5/24/2018 at 7:22 PM, texifornia said:

Annoying. We have a better QB but I wanted him OOC.

I wasn't familiar with the name, so I watched his HUDL. This young man is scary accurate. Sucks that he's going to rape U. If he's not coming to Texas, I wish he'd go somewhere like WSU. I know Leach doesn't recruit Texas that much these days, but I think Zeno would tear it up in that offense.

59 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I wasn't familiar with the name, so I watched his HUDL. This young man is scary accurate. Sucks that he's going to rape U. If he's not coming to Texas, I wish he'd go somewhere like WSU. I know Leach doesn't recruit Texas that much these days, but I think Zeno would tear it up in that offense.

Really good QB.  20 plus offers.  Georgia recruited him very hard.  Tech wanted him over Maverick McIvor.

Leach actually doing some recruiting in Texas.  Hasn't had much luck though.

• Like 1

A lot of cookouts and hosting events are happening this weekend, so I'm expecting a lot of commitments throughout the weekend. 

Clemson landed 3 so far, but still not the crown jewel they are looking for in Andrew Booth. 

Joe Ngata 4* WR 

Vonta Bentley 4* LB

Sergio Allen 4* LB (2020)

Ngata and Allen and really good and probably better than their current ranking.... 

Stingley #5 composite recruit

Sopsher #6 composite recruit

Thomas #28 composite recruit

Emery #31 composite recruit

Lee #105 composite recruit

Four 5 stars and 1 high 4 star within 75 miles of LSU's campus. Ed O running with some serious luck this cycle. Ed O should be able to clean up this cycle if he can just keep those 5 at home. 

57 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

It's not like they weren't getting big names before this season...and they did just play in the National Championship game.  Whereas Ole Miss and ATM landing big names in spite of not doing anything to write home about is extremely fishy.

Just to be clear, Georgia is openly paying recruits and their handlers. It is actually kind of an open secret. Even the analysts are hinting about it.

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz yes you did... 

But the Dwags better slow their roll, or Bama gonna make sure they get caught up. Jawja at almost a 95 avg player rating with five of their 14 commits being 5 stars. Insane 

I would like to point out that Jason Haselwood is super overrated

They lost Emery, Kardale is sounding wish washy (I don't buy it though), Brooks is looking to flip to anyone in-state who will take him, and their three backup plans for Nakobe Dean are all looking iffy now that Bama is thinking about taking Harris again, Constantin is locked into Clemson, and Tongue is af Georgia. 

Also, the Amite kids are going to Bama unless Bama passes 

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Interesting article about Kayvon Thibodeaux's visit to FAMU

FAMU has been a major boon to FSU recruiting for a long time now. I can understand the frustration, because I'm not sure what FAMU gets out of the relationship.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I mean Georgia is being Ole Miss obvious with this shit 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy is easier to see that something is happening but Georgia has definitely clicked it up a notch the last two classes. You don’t land that many 5 stars in one class multiple years in a row. 

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah, everyone does it to some extent, but the rumor circulating around the region is that Georgia is definitely in Ole Miss mode... 

Georgia has enough pedigree to get away with it though. I don't see them getting Ole Missed.

25 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I guess Georgia has figured the NCAA is toothless and any weak punishment dealt out would be less than what they stand to gain.

Well, Alabama got a slap on the wrist for the large sums given to Albert Means and his coach. Alabama brought in Nick Saban and Kirby Smart came in with him. Alabama continued to cheat and became a powerhouse and Smart became head coach at his Alma mater.

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Well, Alabama got a slap on the wrist for the large sums given to Albert Means and his coach. Alabama brought in Nick Saban and Kirby Smart came in with him. Alabama continued to cheat and became a powerhouse and Smart became head coach at his Alma mater.

Yes, and all of Saban's recent proteges are experiencing noticeable upswings in recruiting. Smart, Pruitt, Cristobal, even Napier at ULL.

Looking over top 100 guys in the country. I know its been discussed before but it is embarrassing that the B12 only has 2 schools with commits.  Without getting into the this conf sucks etc.. Why do you guys think that is? Schools like Purdue,UVA,and Ill all have top 100 guys. Schools like WVU, TCU and Ok St cant get 1?

Has the perception of this conf dropped so low that elite guys do not want to play for anyone other than UT and OU?

5 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Looking over top 100 guys in the country. I know its been discussed before but it is embarrassing that the B12 only has 2 schools with commits.  Without getting into the this conf sucks etc.. Why do you guys think that is? Schools like Purdue,UVA,and Ill all have top 100 guys. Schools like WVU, TCU and Ok St cant get 1?

Has the perception of this conf dropped so low that elite guys do not want to play for anyone other than UT and OU?

Purdue has an awesome, fun young coach. Illinois is straight paying people (hi Marquez!). UVa gets the occasional strong recruit, it's not terribly weird. WVU, TCU and Okie Lite have never exactly been recruiting powerhouses.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Purdue has an awesome, fun young coach. Illinois is straight paying people (hi Marquez!). UVa gets the occasional strong recruit, it's not terribly weird. WVU, TCU and Okie Lite have never exactly been recruiting powerhouses.

Ole Miss is about the only one who was regularly doing it and we all know why that was happening. TCU  and Tech have both scored two Top 100 guys in the past 4 or 5 years. You'll see NC State or North Carolina in there on a somewhat regular basis, but for the most part schools like Purdue and UVA aren't doing it any more regularly than any other program without a football-centric pedigree (hard to say blue bloods because aggy is regularly up there without winning anything of note).  Stanford might be the only 'non-football' school that regular pulls in multiple Top 100 guys each year, but they are now regular winners. Baylor was on the cusp of getting there before their rape culture was found out.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Some LSU reactions post-Emery:

Hide contents

DjXL0m3UYAcHud1.jpgDjXL1DnV4AA-T8g.jpgDjXL1cQVAAA0y7g.jpg

7 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

640?cb=20161213024017

I think this is kind of how it works, not that I know first hand or anything. I've linked an article below that talks about bagman operations. It's a pretty good read. It talks about paying players, setting up jobs, other forms of help, etc. Also mentions that bagmen can just stop paying players if they want a coach to fail. Guessing this is playing in to Georgia's success and maybe LSU's struggles.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

37 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I think this is kind of how it works, not that I know first hand or anything. I've linked an article below that talks about bagman operations. It's a pretty good read. It talks about paying players, setting up jobs, other forms of help, etc. Also mentions that bagmen can just stop paying players if they want a coach to fail. Guessing this is playing in to Georgia's success and maybe LSU's struggles.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

My statement was in reference to the last post RE: keeping the "shelves stocked".  The LSU guys that hate EdO rival those UT fans that hated Charlie Strong.  At some point, you stop rooting for guys like these to be successful, much less pitch in more cash to buy players that could save bacon.

Edited by SizzleChest

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

My statement was in reference to the last post RE: keeping the "shelves stocked".  The LSU guys that hate EdO rival those UT fans that hated Charlie Strong.  At some point, you stop rooting for guys like these to be successful, much less pitch in more cash to buy players that could save bacon.

Ah yes then I agree. Shelves aren't usually left full unless it's a Stoops-Riley situation

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Auburn is quietly putting together a really good recruiting class. Only 13 commits so far but a lot of quality. 

Almost identical to Penn State's class. Both will "fly under the radar" because they play in divisions with teams that recruit at an even higher level.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Almost identical to Penn State's class. Both will "fly under the radar" because they play in divisions with teams that recruit at an even higher level.

Miss. State has a pretty solid class as well.  Aggy wont ever be playing for any championships.

57 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Miss. State has a pretty solid class as well.  Aggy wont ever be playing for any championships.

Ole Miss just straight-up flipped a 4-star from them: https://247sports.com/Player/Dannis-Jackson-46036898/

Bold kid, State fans are the scary kind of weird when Ole Miss gets one on them.

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's not some scrub bench warmer with an axe to grind. He had three scores against Stanford  Harvard of the West. 

Not a great look for TCU, but we're not really in a position to talk after the Charlie Strong's Son in Law publicly whined on Twitter. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He's not some scrub bench warmer with an axe to grind. He had three scores against Stanford  Harvard of the West. 

Not a great look for TCU, but we're not really in a position to talk after the Charlie Strong's Son in Law publicly whined on Twitter. 

It was posted yesterday and there's been zero buzz about it. Guess when you're at a non-blue blood that wins and your coach is considered one of the best in the country, people don't really have a reason to give a shit.

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It was posted yesterday and there's been zero buzz about it. Guess when you're at a non-blue blood that wins and your coach is considered one of the best in the country, people don't really have a reason to give a shit.

I've never understood Fat Gare's negative recruiting style. TCU is in a great town, beautiful campus, elite co-ed talent, and oh yeah they've beaten the piss out of Texas for 4 consecutive years. Sell the positive attributes of your program and show recruits the scoreboard. 

On 7/30/2018 at 2:22 PM, joeycovers said:

On 7/30/2018 at 2:28 PM, texifornia said:

Speaking of Purdue, they landed two 4* prospects yesterday. Brohm's got something cooking in West Lafayette.