Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

With all the stuff going on around the country, I don’t see how a school would take a chance with him. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

It is fucking insane, with this kind of shit happening at Baton Rouge on damn near the reg these days, that they're taking Marcel Brooks. Or, well, fuck, maybe it's the most logical thing about Reverend Edgart Beauchamp Orgeron, MD's circus of a program. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 4:39 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Anybody in that class we could potentially get when Ogre burns it to the ground this year?  Stingley or is he a Tiger all the way?  

I think these would be good targets

Marcel Brooks Marcus (Flower Mound, TX) OLB 6-3 / 195  4*

Anthony Bradford Muskegon (Muskegon, MI) OT 6-5 / 320  4*

4 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I think these would be good targets

Marcel Brooks Marcus (Flower Mound, TX) OLB 6-3 / 195  4*

Anthony Bradford Muskegon (Muskegon, MI) OT 6-5 / 320  4*

Marcel Brooks and Texas is not a match.

Anthony Bradford's junior tape wasn't of a four star.

So no on those two.

They do have others that could help us, though.

8 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I don't see any news stories on him when I google his name but I suppose that does not mean a lot these days

Well, there aren’t any news stories on him, yet. There’s a multitude of reasons why Texas has zero interest. He’s even scared off the aggies. One of the key reasons is that he might be a little rapey. Another might be that he’s got a handler with the worst kind of behavior. 

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, there aren’t any news stories on him, yet. There’s a multitude of reasons why Texas has zero interest. He’s even scared off the aggies. One of the key reasons is that he might be a little rapey. Another might be that he’s got a handler with the worst kind of behavior. 

rapey is 100% a no go.......fucking handlers (especially ones in Texas HS football) are equally a no go thanks for the info sounds like two strikes and a total pass

17 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

rapey is 100% a no go.......fucking handlers (especially ones in Texas HS football) are equally a no go thanks for the info sounds like two strikes and a total pass

There's more. Probably more like five strikes. He'll fit right in at learning slow university. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It is fucking insane, with this kind of shit happening at Baton Rouge on damn near the reg these days, that they're taking Marcel Brooks. Or, well, fuck, maybe it's the most logical thing about Reverend Edgart Beauchamp Orgeron, MD's circus of a program. 

I always thought it the ultimate irony that some LSU fans refer to Coach Ed Orgeron by the abbreviated "CEO".

34 minutes ago, Fud said:

There's more. Probably more like five strikes. He'll fit right in at learning slow university. 

I have never heard it confirmed, but in the early days of this cycle, one of the guys from DFW not named Brooks was rumored to pretty much just straight up special ed. If true, how does that recruit get into college, outside of Chris Vaughn level academic fraud? Whatever the reason, Texas also stayed the fuck away from that guy as well.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I have never heard it confirmed, but in the early days of this cycle, one of the guys from DFW not named Brooks was rumored to pretty much just straight up special ed. If true, how does that recruit get into college, outside of Chris Vaughn level academic fraud? Whatever the reason, Texas also stayed the fuck away from that guy as well.

Haven't some players gotten into college because they're special ed, thus getting around clearinghouse eligibility requirements? That's probably how

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I seen this mentioned on another board from a poster.  Pretty sure it's the same guy you're talking about.

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Haven't some players gotten into college because they're special ed, thus getting around clearinghouse eligibility requirements? That's probably how

You are correct and just like getting a free pair of shades every year through your employers Vision program, players can get special ed "qualified" to gain acceptance to some of the best universities in oklahoma.

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yeah, for sure. Casey Hampton didn't have a prayer of getting into Texas until he received an accommodation to take the SAT either orally or un-timed. He had a true learning disability but a normal IQ. The guy I'm referencing allegedly has an IQ around 75 and is basically non-functioning in the classroom. 

My daughter is in Teach for America and chose "location of highest need" thinking they'd send her to inner city Chicago or Los Angeles or something. Nope. They dropped her right into rural Mississippi. You have to pass a state reading exam in 3rd grade there in order to pass to 4th. They stop socially promoting at that grade. Her first year, she had 85 kids for whom she was responsible. The parents and teachers basically just don't give a shit. She had a 13 year old in her class, multiple 12 year olds and like 20 11 year old kids. Not one accommodation out of 85 kids. When she was done filing the paperwork at the state and fed levels, 27 kids qualified and almost every one of them passed to 4th grade. Sometimes, someone just has to give a shit. Sometimes, though, someone is just borderline retarded. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Let me guess. Aggy commit. 

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

You are correct and just like getting a free pair of shades every year through your employers Vision program, players can get special ed "qualified" to gain acceptance to some of the best universities in oklahoma.

A HS teammate of mine played for TCU and had a couple years in the NFL. He got diagnosed with a learning disability and and was able to take the SAT with extra time (may have been untimed, it’s been 15ish years).

4 hours ago, Goodman said:

Well, Dexter Manley graduated Oklahoma State and couldn't read....so there's that...

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It has to be this guy right? I remember some story about him having a lot of trouble with memorizing the playbook.

https://247sports.com/Player/EJ-Ndoma-Ogar-88233

28 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

It has to be this guy right? I remember some story about him having a lot of trouble with memorizing the playbook.

https://247sports.com/Player/EJ-Ndoma-Ogar-88233

Connect the dots in the posts above yours and it should become pretty clear. Here's the top recruits in Texas to cross-reference:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=TX