Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Is that Emery tweet real?

Obviously the McMurphy account is fake.

Upon further review, I do not think it is (a real tweet. McMurphy account is indeed fake). Looks like I got got'd. This one is on me

Edited by UncleBuck

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

With a couple of exceptions, notably Stanford, Notre Dame, and Rice, everyone has the same admissions for college football scholarship players. I seriously doubt that Washington is one of the exceptions. 

could be a lampkin situation where washington requires a class that bama doesn't.  it happened to jordan stevenson a few years back too

• Like 1

Oregon just got a commitment from 4 star OL Jonah Tau’anu’u.

https://247sports.com/player/jonah-tauanuu-46037520

They beat out USC again, and they’ll likely have their best class ever up in Eugene. They just need to hope their annual flip season to USC doesn’t continue for this class.

6 hours ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

could be a lampkin situation where washington requires a class that bama doesn't.  it happened to jordan stevenson a few years back too

From all the scuttlebutt, seems UW requires 2 foreign language credits and Bama only requires one. The kid planned on taking the required course over the summer but then all the family drama popped off and he did not get it done in time. Hopefully that is not an indicator of laziness, for the kid's sake. 

2 hours ago, bamachine said:

From all the scuttlebutt, seems UW requires 2 foreign language credits and Bama only requires one. The kid planned on taking the required course over the summer but then all the family drama popped off and he did not get it done in time. Hopefully that is not an indicator of laziness, for the kid's sake. 

Is this legit or are you doing deep cover Lampkin jokes? ¡Ay, Dios Mio!

On 6/18/2018 at 9:04 PM, pigmeat markham said:

Maverick McIvor is a Red Raider.  Committed tonight.

Southern Cal offers McIvor today.  We shall see.  

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2018/08/13/central-qb-maverick-mcivor-offered-scholarship-usc-trojans-san-angelo-university-southern-california/981375002/

1 hour ago, pigmeat markham said:

That's a big one.  Probably not a good fit for a country boy like McIvor but it still might be hard to turn down USC.  I have a TCU buddy whose daughter goes to school there and he says there's nothing like a game day at USC. 

21 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

That's a big one.  Probably not a good fit for a country boy like McIvor but it still might be hard to turn down USC.  I have a TCU buddy whose daughter goes to school there and he says there's nothing like a game day at USC. 

Might be a much tougher path to a starting job at USC, though.

13 hours ago, angelos's frog said:

I went last year. It was fun, but it’s not the end all be all. Still better than Lubbock/Tech though. 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

LSU has had two QBs transfer in the last two days, they didn't take a 2018 QB, and their 2019 QB commit is a 247 3*

Orgeron is making it difficult for their next coach after he gets fired after next season 

Damn, are the boosters now paying players to leave LSU? #TheRougeAintLit

8 hours ago, Fud said:

LSU has had two QBs transfer in the last two days, they didn't take a 2018 QB, and their 2019 QB commit is a 247 3*

Orgeron is making it difficult for their next coach after he gets fired after next season 

Wasn't Narcisse coming off some major injuries in high school? I was surprised LSU kept him on scholarship. 

On 8/15/2018 at 9:04 AM, Fud said:

Not that it matters a whole lot, but their 2019 QB commit is a 4* according to the composite. https://247sports.com/player/peter-parrish-46043259

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

Not that it matters a whole lot, but their 2019 QB commit is a 4* according to the composite. https://247sports.com/player/peter-parrish-46043259

I said 247 3*, not composite

After this latest abortion of rankings from rivals, I think 247 is more useful than the composite 

23 hours ago, Fud said:

I said 247 3*, not composite

After this latest abortion of rankings from rivals, I think 247 is more useful than the composite 

247 ranked Cam Rising as the 774th player in the country. I wouldn't trust any one rankings service. 

All of the recruiting services have their lumps. The hope is that all of those lumps are different so that when you combine them together, they smooth each other out. The composite is still the way to go.

With that said, Rivals is clearly the worst of the 3 though, they’ve got the most lumps.