Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

I want to break fatterson and TCU so bad.

It's done.

He's cooked because he had ONE sell and that sell was "We always beat Texas." <--- everything he has sold over the past 5-7 years has been a pivot on this on single topic - Texas. "we develop better than anyone"  which leads to the " that's why we beat Texas" that's how you can see the development, etc ... now that he doesn't have that card to play, all the other losses carry a higher impact. 

LMFAO at the Frog who thinks that beating that Baylor team somehow has galvanized their shitshow of a season or recharged Gary's tank. Let me help you out Gary, you know those 40 injuries that you like to bring up in your recent press conferences? Yeah, there's probably 20 or more of those that would've played a couple of years ago. Those nagging/lingering issues are always more prevalent when your team has decided to fucking mail it in. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, golfclap said:

It's done.

He's cooked because he had ONE sell and that sell was "We always beat Texas." <--- everything he has sold over the past 5-7 years has been a pivot on this on single topic - Texas. "we develop better than anyone"  which leads to the " that's why we beat Texas" that's how you can see the development, etc ... now that he doesn't have that card to play, all the other losses carry a higher impact. 

Triggered

Oh for fucks sake. Negative recruiting is part of recruiting.  Every fan base is bitches about this like it's against the Geneva Convention.  A fucking war crime.   If someone is saying GP is thinking about hanging it up I hope it's "wHo".  It'll be good for him to get a dose of his own medicine.  

• 2 weeks later...

Max Johnson, son of Brad Johnson, committed to LSU.  He was thought to be a Miami lock because Richt is his actual uncle and they offered him before he was even in high school.  That's going to be an awkward family Christmas.  He's in the 2020 class, but didn't see a thread for it.

Edited by kevwun

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Max Johnson, son of Brad Johnson, committed to LSU.  He was thought to be a Miami lock because Richt is his actual uncle and they offered him before he was even in high school.  That's going to be an awkward family Christmas.  He's in the 2020 class, but didn't see a thread for it.

His high school stats: 79 of 207 (38%) for 7 TD and 6 interceptions and 925 yards in 10 games

Nice get, Ed O. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

His high school stats: 79 of 207 (38%) for 7 TD and 6 interceptions and 925 yards in 10 games

Nice get, Ed O. 

Looks like typical LSU QB play to me.  Maybe too many yards.

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

He's already performing at their standard.

Dammit, beat me to it. 

Edited by Liquor and Poker

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oregon's chances for Caleb Johnson just got better because it looks like Jim Leavitt is staying put.

9 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Is he someone to circle back to towards NSD2?

I don't think we're going to use any more 2019 scholarships, other than the ones for players we're actively recruiting, unless we have an unexpected loss from the class or if a nationally elite guy wants to jump in.