Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

Well,

It's November. 

I just stopped by to see how all the prognostication from this summer was holding up

• Willie Tagart building that crutin' juggernaut in Tallahassee with Lethal Simplicity  
  • Miami was ready to swag it's way back to the 80's and avoid getting Richt rolled
  • Furby Smart building a 2nd Bama in gawga

Dark times for the Gata indeed!

5 minutes ago, Loco said:

Well,

It's November. 

I just stopped by to see how all the prognostication from this summer was holding up

• Willie Tagart building that crutin' juggernaut in Tallahassee with Lethal Simplicity  
  • Miami was ready to swag it's way back to the 80's and avoid getting Richt rolled

And yet your recruiting still kind of sucks. Classic Mullen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loco said:

Well,

It's November. 

Recruiting forum. 

Current Florida rank :: 23 in the nation with an 89.69 avg. and 11th out of 14 teams in the SEC.  

UGA 3 (93.61) - Clemson 5 (90.22)  - FSU 10 (92.21)  - MSU 19 (88.40) - Miami 20 (88.95) 

Prognostication was that you wouldn't recruit well with Mullen and that he wasn't connecting with in-state talent. Less than half of your commits are from Florida and it's likely that you will only sign what 7 of the top  50 in the state of Florida? This while winning on the field and many of the SEC teams in full on dumpster fire mode. 

Congrats...  I guess. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Actually I said I'd check back later and that most of the negative posts about UF were a bit premature.  I haven't and will never "declare victory" on a fucking recruiting thread...  that's moronic and short sighted.   What I did post and will post again in December and February is a look back on those dire and laughable prognostications.

Everything I hear right now about UF is that they are heading right to that 12-ish spot I predicted and possibly top 10 (with a few key guys) ...   what I hear about UM/FSU is the wheels are coming off and they are trying to hold their classes together.   I think the big winner in all this will be Clempson (who I think might be the real 2nd Bama)

On 11/2/2018 at 12:05 PM, Loco said:

Actually I said I'd check back later and that most of the negative posts about UF were a bit premature.  I haven't and will never "declare victory" on a fucking recruiting thread...  that's moronic and short sighted.   What I did post and will post again in December and February is a look back on those dire and laughable prognostications.

Everything I hear right now about UF is that they are heading right to that 12-ish spot I predicted and possibly top 10 (with a few key guys) ...   what I hear about UM/FSU is the wheels are coming off and they are trying to hold their classes together.   I think the big winner in all this will be Clempson (who I think might be the real 2nd Bama)

I admire your tenacity and perseverance, but hold the fuck on with the bolded part. I declare victory on recruiting threads all of the time. It's certainly moronic, but it is not short sighted. It's also quite entertaining for the love and hate it usually induces. Own it, brother.

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

Cristobal doing his thing.

Oregon is going to be a legitimate power in the NW again. They are straight up buying guys and the NCAA doesn't give one fuck these days. Outside of SC and the Arizona schools, no one in the Pac 12 will be counter-offering these moves unless Oregon State joins in. It is something to add to the equation when thinking about west coast talent. Things are different out west than in the south, so a majority of the ballers aren't for sale, but every year there will be a few, and they will usually have the highest of ceilings. Thibodeaux and Steele for sure this year. 

2 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Purdue just picked up another good 4* WR to pair with our boy Rondale.
https://247sports.com/player/milton-wright-46040463/

This could be a fun second team to get behind for a few years, if you don't already have one.

Second team is not something you pick it’s something that picks you 

38 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Petrino has been awful. Lamar Jackson propped him up more than Darnold did Helton at USC.

You know Petrino sabotaged his own career at Louisville so he could leave. After the motorcycle dilemma there was no one that would touch him except Louisville, but now that they have fired him he is free to move without having any repercussions.