Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

The Hopkins trade wouldn't have been so bad if they had a plan. But bringing in Cooks and Cobb is meh. Both have already peaked and are declining. Fuller will miss his usual 4-5 games. And Stills is not a #1. Plus we don't have RB. 
It could get ugly this year. 
I'm very skeptical about that dumb trade return for Hop but I'll begrudgingly give BOB credit for some pretty decent RB play the last few years. Miller and Hyde weren't thought of in glowing terms but Bill got good play out of them. I am cautiously optimistic about Johnson and Johnson.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If BoB will quit giving away fucking draft picks, the Texans will have some pretty good roster flexibility after this year. Will Fuller and his $10MM come off the books this year, and JJ/Cooks and their $30MM carry no dead money at all if they cut one or both of them. David Johnson is a $9MM savings after this year, McKinney is something like an $8MM savings, and between Blackson, Fulton, and Kelemete that’s like another $11MM.

Whats fucking killing us is next years draft; there’s no way in hell the Texans shouldn’t have been able to get a 2nd rounder this year (which became Cooks) and a first rounder next year from someone. If theres a bright side it’s that QB and OL (outside of Fultons spot) are under contract for the next 4 years, and RBs in this system can be had pretty cheap, DJ aside.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Because teams most likely knew how much they were going have to pay him. That makes him less attractive. 

But they still had him under contract for the next couple of years, right? I feel like there's no reason not to come out of that trade with a first rd pick.

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

But they still had him under contract for the next couple of years, right? I feel like there's no reason not to come out of that trade with a first rd pick.

Yeah even with the extension it’s 18.8 per year. I don’t mind the trade so much because the Tunsil/Watson extensions had to take priority. The return on the trade is inexcusable...

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

3 years left. But he was already threatening a holdout on a contract he signed 2 years ago. It would have been a huge headache for years. My main quibble with the trade  was the David Johnson piece. He’s good but not great. And expensive. Would have rather gotten additional draft capital. With that being said, I can’t picture BoB saying “Let’s take a lesser deal than the other offers out there”

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not to excuse Bob, but I would have to think the depth of the WR draft his year might have played into the return as well.  I'm sure teams were more than willing to roll the dice on the great receivers this year while also only paying a rookie contract. 

Edited by Hate

Cooks is already hurt and is questionable for Thursday with a hamstring injury. It’s going to be another wasted year for him.
He's had the injury throughout camp, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays tomorrow night. I think he's out of practice for rest and precaution.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if there were a number of hamstring issues early in the year from Wr’s and DB’s.

Along with lots of sloppy play. No exhibition games or scrimmages will be evident. I will give this to BoB. He said early on that veteran, stable rosters this season will have an advantage. The Texans fit that description. 

• Like 1

Along with lots of sloppy play. No exhibition games or scrimmages will be evident. I will give this to BoB. He said early on that veteran, stable rosters this season will have an advantage. The Texans fit that description. 
Same for KC unfortunately.

I expect to see a KC win, 31-27.

He’s got some areas for improvement to be sure, but I’m Team DeShaun all the fucking way. Exactly the dude (on and off the field) you want as the face of your franchise. I just hope Sharpring and Howard can take the next step; if the OL can take the step from average to top 8 in the league then this offense will score some points this year...

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

He’s got some areas for improvement to be sure, but I’m Team DeShaun all the fucking way. Exactly the dude (on and off the field) you want as the face of your franchise. I just hope Sharpring and Howard can take the next step; if the OL can take the step from average to top 8 in the league then this offense will score some points this year...

They’ll need to score a bunch. The defense is pretty bad. 

Owned.

In all seriousness, the Texans weren't very good last year (their defense was awful) and aren't likely to be very good this season.  I don't know why some in the media are getting peoples hopes up.  Ultimately, I don't see this franchise going anywhere until ownership changes.

• Fuck You 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:43 PM, Brothahorn said:

Last night..LOL

Well there's 10 minutes left in the 4th and the Cardinals are leading the 9ers. Nuk has 12 catches on 14 targets but wE CouLdNT aFForD him!1! I'm sure the quartet of aging receivers BoB brought in for his gunslinger QB who takes chances will work out just fine. Stills bouncing a ball off his feet hands was the first of many. 

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Well there's 10 minutes left in the 4th and the Cardinals are leading the 9ers. Nuk has 12 catches on 14 targets but wE CouLdNT aFForD him!1! I'm sure the quartet of aging receivers BoB brought in for his gunslinger QB who takes chances will work out just fine. Stills bouncing a ball off his feet hands was the first of many. 

In Houston, we're kind of like the Cleveland of the South. Between BoB, Mad Mike and Dusty, there will be no athletic joy.